TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP

antmanb

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Yeah knowing the relentless practice 3L/3L is the reason cause her hip injury. I doubt if given another chance she'll relentless practice 3/3/3. That's my point.

I'm sorry i think i'm missing your point...if Tara sacrificed her hip (whihc we all know she did) in order to get the technical goods so that no-one could beat her technically, are you saying that if she was put in the same position but under CoP and having to do 3/3/3s instead of just 3/3s she wouldn't do it???

I think the complete opposite - looking to hisotry is proof enough, of course she would, why does it make any difference the actual element at hand :scratch: ?

Ant

mandykane21

Rinkside
I don't know if I'm totally correct, but I think Mzheng is saying that if Tara, knowing what she knows now, had the chance to do it all again under the COP (healthy hip and all), she wouldn't choose to do something that would hurt her like that again.

euterpe

Medalist
Tara's hip held out just long enough for her to win the OGM. If she was practicing 3/3/3s instead of 3/3s, her hip would have given way even sooner.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Indeed. The same thing could happen to Cohen in 2006. She faces the somewhat odd predicament of having never won a major title but having several national and a couple world silver medals. Actually I'd say she's more likely to slip to a bronze than go up to a gold, but that's JMP right there.

mzheng

Record Breaker
mandykane21 said:
I don't know if I'm totally correct, but I think Mzheng is saying that if Tara, knowing what she knows now, had the chance to do it all again under the COP (healthy hip and all), she wouldn't choose to do something that would hurt her like that again.
Yes. You are right.

We will never know how Tara feels about the 3x3rs and the hip. She was motivated to win the Olys and she did. Her 15 minutes were overshadowed by the Kwan but she did get a lot of play in that first year of the Olys.

She's embarked on a new career and we can only hope it works for her.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Tara has said repeatedly in interviews that winning the gold was worih the hip injury. IMO, she probably believes that it was worth it when everything is going well and she is enjoying all the things (opportunities, fame, money) that she was able to gain as a result of that gold. No one interviews her, though, when the weather is bad, or something else is causing the hip to hurt.

R.D.

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
Tara has said repeatedly in interviews that winning the gold was worih the hip injury. IMO, she probably believes that it was worth it when everything is going well and she is enjoying all the things (opportunities, fame, money) that she was able to gain as a result of that gold. No one interviews her, though, when the weather is bad, or something else is causing the hip to hurt.

She may very well think that now. But I wonder if she will agree in 10 years.

She said she wants to be an actress. But I think she's looking for the fast ticket to Hollywood, instead of working from the ground up. A lot of these Hollywood people were "lucky" when some acting director approached them while they were working the shift at the local McDonald's restaurant. And to top it off, a lot of these people actually had the talent in order to take them to the top.

I think Tara would be best taking some acting classes and accepting small roles in plays or movies. If she truly aspires to acting she'll be more than happy with this kind of life. If she isn't, then it would seem to me that she just wants the fame and fortune that comes with being in Hollywood. But this is JMO. Maybe she thinks or sees the situation differently. But she seems a little "bitter" or dissatisfied with where she's at right now (according to her latest journal entry, which was posted and torn apart in another forum).

nymkfan51

Medalist
Red Dog said:
I think Tara would be best taking some acting classes and accepting small roles in plays or movies. If she truly aspires to acting she'll be more than happy with this kind of life.

I think that's what she has been doing. I am pretty sure she has taken acting classes and auditioned for small roles ... the problem is, she just isn't very good, IMO. And she really isn't enough of a celebrity to have that carry her through anymore. Her 15 minutes went by quickly. Skating was what she could do, and she threw all her eggs into the Olympic basket and won. The problem is she has ruined her body now to the point that skating is no longer an option. But, she says it was worth it, so good for her.

Gatzbee

Rinkside
nymkfan51 said:
I think that's what she has been doing. I am pretty sure she has taken acting classes and auditioned for small roles ... the problem is, she just isn't very good, IMO. And she really isn't enough of a celebrity to have that carry her through anymore. Her 15 minutes went by quickly. Skating was what she could do, and she threw all her eggs into the Olympic basket and won. The problem is she has ruined her body now to the point that skating is no longer an option. But, she says it was worth it, so good for her.

the thing is, anyone can take acting classes. heck i even took em when i was like 11 or 12. however it's a whole other thing to get into fine arts programs in universities etc. i've read posts in the past by some tara fans who think that if she had the talent and discipline in skating, she could apply that to acting, but it just doesn't work like that. the world of entertainment is sooo hard to get into in the first place. the ones who usually make it big for a significant amount of time just have this pure talent in them and natural understanding of the craft, and personally i just don't think she has that.

hmmm how did tara seep into this convo in the 1st place lol....

anyone got any news on mk's programs ;)

I think a good actor if he/she has adeqate skating ability can improve his/her skating program. Not the other way around.

I think Tara could do a skating movie made for little girls but can she skate at all anymore? I dunno.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tara should go to college while she's still young and find herself an interesting career where she can harness her competitive drive and make it work for her.

Making it in show business requires TALENT. Tara just doesn't have any acting talent, and all the classes in the world won't make her a good actress. If she had any talent, she would have made it by now with the big push forward that Olympic title gave her.

mzheng

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
But, she says it was worth it, so good for her.
Well, what do you expect her say in public? "I made a mistake to trade in my hip with OGM"? It took courage to addmit a mistake. Besides, the OGM is all she has now. With her Hollywood advantures still going no where near she had been in skating, compare to the skater she had competed for OGM 7 years ago in 1998, MK still gets endorsments coming in her way even without big wins these days. Just the competetive instinct would lead to her saying "It worth it." in public......That said, I always thought it was her coach and mother's fault to let her practice like that. She was just a kid back then and wishful one, but adults should take control if she was too out of it.

antmanb

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Well, what do you expect her say in public? "I made a mistake to trade in my hip with OGM"? It took courage to addmit a mistake.

Well since none of us are mind readers (unless there's something you're hiding :p ) the only thing we can take as fact is what a person says and/or makes known to the public. Tara says its worth it and that if she had to do it over again she would - well then that's what we as a public have to believe, end of story, make arguments to the contrary but ultimately the answer is - no-one knows and in the absence of anything to the contrary i'm happy to believe what a person tells me about their feelings towards something.

Anthony

mzheng

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
Well since none of us are mind readers (unless there's something you're hiding :p ) the only thing we can take as fact is what a person says and/or makes known to the public. Tara says its worth it and that if she had to do it over again she would - well then that's what we as a public have to believe, end of story, make arguments to the contrary but ultimately the answer is - no-one knows and in the absence of anything to the contrary i'm happy to believe what a person tells me about their feelings towards something.

Anthony
Well. If every one is allowed only talk about facts here. There are 90% less of posts....I won't even bother to come here, just read from majore medias.

Besides given the history of her camp ever changed stories, I guess it is reasonable to speculation and/or 'mind read' a bit into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

antmanb

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Well. If every one is allowed only talk about facts here. There are 90% less of posts....I won't even bother to come here, just read from majore medias.

I didn't say you can only talk about facts - i purposefully included a statement to the effect that you are welcome to make arguments against the facts as stated by a person but ultimately if we're talking about a persons feelings we can only take their word for it, we can put ourselves in their shoes and say "If it was me then X, Y or Z" what you can't do is make the correlation "if i were in their shoes then X, Y or Z therefore such and such a skater is incorrect that s/he feels A, B, C s/he must feel X, Y, Z" that's the only point i was making.

Ant

R.D.

Record Breaker
Maybe it's just me, but I'd figure this kind of discussion is what makes forum talk interesting. Yes, to substantiate arguments you can turn to the bare facts but that's typically reserved for the real debates. (Like, Who do you think won this competition?)

mzheng

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
....we can put ourselves in their shoes and say "If it was me then X, Y or Z" what you can't do is make the correlation "if i were in their shoes then X, Y or Z therefore such and such a skater is incorrect that s/he feels A, B, C s/he must feel X, Y, Z" that's the only point i was making.

Ant

My head spinning! :eek:hwell:

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
Well, what do you expect her say in public? "I made a mistake to trade in my hip with OGM"? It took courage to addmit a mistake. Besides, the OGM is all she has now. With her Hollywood advantures still going no where near she had been in skating, compare to the skater she had competed for OGM 7 years ago in 1998, MK still gets endorsments coming in her way even without big wins these days. Just the competetive instinct would lead to her saying "It worth it." in public......That said, I always thought it was her coach and mother's fault to let her practice like that. She was just a kid back then and wishful one, but adults should take control if she was too out of it.

I thought that this thread was about TT choreographing Kwan!By the way, at least she got OGM and nobldy can take it away from her, she got it on the first try.
Why do you think that they are all striving for and not giving up, the big one(OGM). What difference does it make what she is doing with her life now, she is probably doing what she wants.

It seems no matter how old you are in figure skating, parents have controll most of the time. According to you Tara's mother had control over her at 15, big deal! Michelle is 25 and her father has a certain amount of control over her!

What do you mean by that she was too out of it? Yes, I agree with the statement that she was a wishfull one. She got what she wished for--the OGM.

See, I did it myself, got off track!!!! :) :) :) :)