TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP

euterpe said:
Carolina's PCS scores aren't as high as they could be because her skating skills are uneven. She has terrific speed and lands difficult 3/3 combinations, but has problems with the 2A and 3Z. Her speed tends to taper off as the FS progresses and she gets downright sloppy in the last minute of her program. Her spiral needs a LOT of work, and so do some of her spins. And although she has a kind of girlish charm, she still has that coltish, unfinished look.
We should be more conscious of the fact that the period between Worlds 2005 and Olympics 2006 is basically one year. Time to work, work, work.

In that period, it is possible for ALL skaters to work on their weaknesses and come out fighting. I'm sure Carolina's camp had her working on sustaining her momentum throughout the program for the Olys.

Joe

Joesitz said:
So we are still in the dark for the SP. I wouldn't mind PIT's Caprice Italien. It is not used as often as it was in the way back past. It might sound more refreshing than the much overused RimskyKorsakov. Italien is tricky music though.
Very tricky, IMHO too. The C. Italien is rather measured and understated. It's not conducive, IMO, to throwing caution to the winds and going all out. Even though it is supposedly patterned after Italian folk dances, it has a melancholy tinge with requires a certain degee of subtlety. I really don't think it is a good choice for Michelle.

MM

Last edited:
Mathman said:
Very tricky, IMHO too. The C. Italien is rather measured and understated. It's not conducive, IMO, to throwing caution to the winds and going all out. Even though it is supposedly patterned after Italian folk dances, it has a melancholy tinge with requires a certain degee of subtlety. I really don't think it is a good choice for Michelle.MM
There is also the crazy wife running wild on the beach in there too. There are parts where the music becomes frenetic.

Joe

cianni

On the Ice
Confirmed

TT is in Cal. this wk. working with Michelle will be leaving for Russia in wk. ands half. I saw Kimmie hit 4 3axels in a row and 3 3/3s clean so this wk. shes doing well. One Megan Orser is one to watch. She has some very interesting spins and moves inc. the famous Bielman spiral not a long one but its there. This girl is young and now in seniors but looks promising in practice. Tims still at Uof D havent seen him practice much but lots of exercises. Will keep watching.

R.D.

Record Breaker
cianni said:
TT is in Cal. this wk. working with Michelle will be leaving for Russia in wk. ands half. I saw Kimmie hit 4 3axels in a row and 3 3/3s clean so this wk. shes doing well. One Megan Orser is one to watch. She has some very interesting spins and moves inc. the famous Bielman spiral not a long one but its there. This girl is young and now in seniors but looks promising in practice. Tims still at Uof D havent seen him practice much but lots of exercises. Will keep watching.

THX for the reports. Keep 'em coming!

kyla2

Final Flight
Where's The Truth....

I hate to say this but on another forum site a poster (one who has never posted before) said Michelle is NOT doing triple-triples like they fell off of trees, and that the triple-triple she is trying (lutz-toe) is underoteted and that she is falling on it fairly consistently too. I hate to say it has the ring of truth to it, but it does. I am very worried that this is just like last year's postings. Posters saying she is doing this and that triple-triple or triple-triple-double combination, and the reality is far different. I guess we won't know until we see it with our own eyes. MZHeng, I trust you. Do you know where the truth lies? I guess I don't want to get my hopes up based on less than the truth.

R.D.

Record Breaker
kyla- You say the poster has never posted before. Naturally, even though this report "sounds" true, you just never know with existing posters, let alone with new ones.

One thing jumps out at me, and that is that the practice reports we're getting are inconsistent. This leads me to come to the conclusion that we do indeed have an epidemic of rumor-spreading now. Since it is the Olympic season the stakes are twice as high now, and this is when people WANT to believe these reports.

Who knows? It may turn out that one report or another is correct after all. Or it may turn out that none are correct. But we will never know. Practice reports are always the hardest to believe, because even if they are true, what's the chance that it will show up in competition? What does Cohen nailing all her jumps or MK falling on a few combos mean, really? In the next competition Cohen could melt, or MK could nail that jump that she's supposedly been struggling with for the past three months. It's all hearsay, really. But we do welcome them, nonetheless. It's the truth.

kyla2 said:
I hate to say this but on another forum site a poster (one who has never posted before) said Michelle is NOT doing triple-triples like they fell off of trees, and that the triple-triple she is trying (lutz-toe) is underoteted and that she is falling on it fairly consistently too. I hate to say it has the ring of truth to it, but it does. I am very worried that this is just like last year's postings. Posters saying she is doing this and that triple-triple or triple-triple-double combination, and the reality is far different. I guess we won't know until we see it with our own eyes. MZHeng, I trust you. Do you know where the truth lies? I guess I don't want to get my hopes up based on less than the truth.
Does anyone on that forum speak well of this poster? and what is this Forum? How did he/she get in to see MK practice? He/she is definitely a bubble buster.
It could be just one of those idiots who enjoys posting idiotic things about any skater. Someone who doesn't have a life, and wants to spread gloom.

However, given MK's past two seasons, there could be some truth in what he/she is saying. As another poster said that if it isn't in her arsenal already, how can she get these jumps in less than 6 months? Now it's days away to SA not to mention the upcoming cheesefest.

On a brighter note, Arutinian is back and maybe he can get 3Tx3T ready for the cheesfest. I am sure we will see that combo from Sasha and Emilie, and let's not forget, Kimmie. MK without that will be in serious trouble if the other ladies just knock them off.

I agree Kyla. It's a wait and see, but I would welcome any news of this bubble busting poster.

Joe

flowjo35

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
On a brighter note, Arutinian is back and maybe he can get 3Tx3T ready for the cheesfest.

Joe that same poster stated that he has seen Michelle land 3T/3T's in practices this summer. Over the years various people who have seen Michelle practice have seen her do various 3/3's and landing including Dick Button and Peggy Fleming (remember how upset Dick was at Marshalls when it was not put in her program). According to a poster, RA has been coaching Michelle at least 2/3 days a week at her new rink. I think while we don't know which reports are reliable, they all say the same thing "Michelle is working very hard in all the practices they have seen". So if the reports about various things turn out to be untrue, we do know she will come out fighting this season. :rock:

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joe, this was a brand new poster who just came on and said this would be his one and only post on the topic. He/she was trying to "set the record straight" that MK was not landing six different 3/3's and that the only one he saw completed was the T/T ... not the lutz/toe.
It's almost impossible to figure out for sure what the total truth is since none of us know these posters personally. My guess is most of the reports have some accuracy to them. Since none of these folks are there for all her sessions, they might all very well be telling what they honestly saw. We know she IS working very hard, and I'm certain is doing all possible to make a 3/3 a part of her program this season.
For me, I need to take a breath and just let the season unfold as it will. I love hearing what's happening, but I don't want to get my hopes set so high that I'm bound to be disappointed.

Much easier said than done though! :eek:hwell:

R.D.

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
Joe, this was a brand new poster who just came on and said this would be his one and only post on the topic. He/she was trying to "set the record straight" that MK was not landing six different 3/3's and that the only one he saw completed was the T/T ... not the lutz/toe.

Trying to "set the record straight"? All the more reason for me not to buy into all of this hype. :eek:hwell:

cianni

On the Ice
Practices

I take most reports as just that reports either a repeat of what someone else saw or maybe by someone who saw Michelle practice on a given day at one session. I watch the skaters at UofD every day at the afternoon session and I can tell you the practices are up and down for all the skaters. The jumps are great one day popped or a big fall the next day not to mention the 2 footed ones every day. i see the skaters skate great and hit the ice hard and thats all the skaters. The skaters will improve as the season moves on. I think there are too many expectations coming at Kwan and I hope she comes out with fire in her belly. Im not sure 3/3s are going to be the big winner this season because as things are now we know flawed skating can be the winner . Anyway watching the skaters every day I see practices from a different perspective.

OK Guys - It's true that practice sessions are just that - neither posititve nor negative. Watching the boys in Nats during practice, they all land their 3.5s but when the moment of truth arrives, it's pop ups, falls, double foot landings... well, you know.

I do think the 3x3s are important for Europe. It seems to me the Europeans enjoy the technical at its highest levels and accept adequate presentation, although they do like a showman a la Evgeni., and the competition will be held in the middle of Europe in the Italian Alps. It is a Sport first! The Asti Spumanti will be flowing.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think there are too many expectations coming at Kwan and I hope she comes out with fire in her belly. Im not sure 3/3s are going to be the big winner this season because as things are now we know flawed skating can be the winner .

Well, there's good reason. This is an olympic year and she's committed herself to it. She hasn't really done anything in the past four years (and don't you try to tell me she was able to win X and Y and Z, or done this little thing here and there, that's pretty clear to me already) and she's slowly falling behind the others. I think people generally expect her to come back and put herself in contention. Is it too little, too late for Kwan? Or will she succeed? These are the questions being asked. And I can tell you right now that her most ardent fans at MKF still believe in her. So not all hope from the Kwan fans is lost.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I know this Kwan fan still believes in her. I don't care if non-Kwan fans, or even Kwan haters for that matter, say that she's too old and that she's basically toast. I'll still be watching her and cheering her on. It's all good... :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Pau-goodle76 said:
I know this Kwan fan still believes in her. I don't care if non-Kwan fans, or even Kwan haters for that matter, say that she's too old and that she's basically toast. I'll still be watching her and cheering her on. It's all good... :rock:

...and I've got a post to prove it!! ;) :laugh:

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Trying to "set the record straight"? All the more reason for me not to buy into all of this hype. :eek:hwell:
What hype?? I guess we have different definitions of hype. These reports could all be a hoax, therefore not hype.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
cianni said:
I take most reports as just that reports either a repeat of what someone else saw or maybe by someone who saw Michelle practice on a given day at one session. I watch the skaters at UofD every day at the afternoon session and I can tell you the practices are up and down for all the skaters. The jumps are great one day popped or a big fall the next day not to mention the 2 footed ones every day. i see the skaters skate great and hit the ice hard and thats all the skaters. The skaters will improve as the season moves on. I think there are too many expectations coming at Kwan and I hope she comes out with fire in her belly. Im not sure 3/3s are going to be the big winner this season because as things are now we know flawed skating can be the winner . Anyway watching the skaters every day I see practices from a different perspective.

ITA!! Practice reports are just that - practice reports. Do I believe MK is hard at work? Yes. That just makes logical sense if she has hopes for an Oly medal - especially if she hopes for gold. Do I believe she's practices some 3/3's? Yes. This is quite believable since she was A) practicing them last year (Dick Button even commented, so I assume he saw this on practice ice at nationals) and B) one or two 3/3's would increase her chances for a polium finish or Oly Gold. Which 3/3's? Dunno, and really don't care. Is the program layout that was reported accurate? Don't know - and it really doesn't matter because that's likely to change anyway before Skate America.

Do I think Sasha is practicing a quad? I hope not as I can't imagine her taking it to the competitive ice this season. Just IMO, but I would rather see her get her 3's stable, invent a few new moves, get some interesting choreo happening, and not waste time on a high risk move I don't think she needs at all. (I will EAT those words if she successfully completes quads in comp this year!!)

I do hope those folks who actually get to see practices on occassion will continue to report what they believe they saw. The rest of us can draw our own conclusions.

DG