VCR Alert Sarah Hughes & Friends | Golden Skate

VCR Alert Sarah Hughes & Friends

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah, I'm watching it now.
Love Shear Lyn's number, even without the jumps the power of her edge made her skating just so much to enjoy. B/S's number moved me to tears, she has a different look, but I love this looks, a lot of new moves from them not seen in their eligible days, most of all, she still can do an airy throw triple. I'm wondering, if they kept their eligible status, they probably can won anothter OGM. And Yagudin, what can I say, his skating on ice reminds me an old chinese saying "like the fish in water." Not many skaters gave me impression like this.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shae's skating is wonderful as you say even without the jumps. Anton & Elena's program was fantastic. They skate so well together. She sure trusts him to be there when she jumps and he catches her. I don't know what the move is called but she has to trust he's going to be there. :laugh: :laugh: They are skating to Klinka now.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lynn51 said:
I believe the move is the Leap of Faith (think Underwood & Martini).
Lynn, you're right, just couldn't think of the name.

Dee

Vash01

Medalist
Sarah did not do any triple jumps but her skating was much better than what I saw last year with SOI (or was it a year earlier?). I had read that she had been training this year and it showed. I enjoyed the first number better. I liked the little pieces on her off-ice friends.

Elena and Anton were fantastic. They have all the tools to win the OGM again, even though they don't do sbs triple salchows. I saw this number 'If I could' when they skated it with SOI last year and the audience response was fantastic. Their throws are even bigger (more height) than when they skated in the eligible ranks. Their second number Kalinka was also very good (from 2 years back). They just fly across the ice.

I am really impressed with Ina & Zimmerman as pros. Both of their numbers were great. Todd Eldredge was also very good, particularly the second number. I wish Caryn Kadavy had chosen a more lyrical piece for one of her programs. She is such a beautiful skater; I felt that the music did not really suit her.

I am glad that NBC showed 2 hours of the show. Often they chack a lot of the skaters for various interviews and fluffs. I enjoyed the fluff about Sarah and her Dad. It was touching.

Vash

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
It will repeat on Bravo on Thurs, Jan 26, I hear. I hope so, because I missed this showing.

She was doing a lot of chenee turns and not much else so I switched to the football game. Enjoy it. Lambiel is there.

Joe

Lynn51

Rinkside
Actually, it's Underhill and Martini

I stand corrected, skater85 :chorus: My fingers were typing one thing while my brain was thinking another! :laugh:

Sarah seems like a lovely lady, but I would have really ennjoyed her special if she as well as Yagudin hadn't skated. I loved all the other programs though :rock:

mzheng

Record Breaker
LBC said:
I know the show is called Sarah Hughes and friends and nobody mentions Sarah. :laugh:
Oh, diddn't pay too much attention to every skater. I was kind running chao around the house, only sit down for some of them who could catch my full attention. Those three programs were the ones I watched from begin to end....But I did have glimps of some of Sarah's numbers, yeah, she looks much better than last SOI shows. One big improvement was her spiral, not only improved from last SOI wabbling edge, even her free leg position is improved from her eligible years, it was **straight**. And her classic lay back is now so refresh, since I havn't seen one since CoP installed in amature rank.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was busy watching football.

But I did turn a couple of times during commercials, the only reason being I like some of Ashanti's songs. :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tuned in briefly. Sarah still is unable to skate at anywhere near even her 2002-2003 season level, and she still has a ways to go before she could be considered to be "in shape" (that gold costume she wore at the end of the show was very unflattering). Caryn Kadavy, who is 38, was landing harder jumps than 20-year old Sarah.

None of the last 3 young teen OGM winners have maintained their skating skills. I think it is time for the OGM to be awarded to a LADY, not an adolescent.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashanti was breathing heavier than the skaters. Sarah had a great show. I enjoyed it very much.

Dee

mzheng

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
None of the last 3 young teen OGM winners have maintained their skating skills. I think it is time for the OGM to be awarded to a LADY, not an adolescent.
I was thinking maybe the young teens won their OGM when their body not fully developed so they can out jumped their competetors. Once they won that OGM, and their body start to grow mature. To adjust their new body to the jumps as if they need to learn the new skills, it is just too much for them to trainning on it. While a LADY (Kristi) win OGM, they already adjusted their mature body to the jumps and have musel memory developped. So they don't have trouble to keep their skills.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
Sarah did not do any triple jumps but her skating was much better than what I saw last year with SOI (or was it a year earlier?).
ITA. If she had skated in SOI like she did in the "Immortal" number, I don't think there would have been so much complaining. She had such wonderful edges, and her spiral positions were much stronger, especially in her back.

The best part of the show for me was getting to see B/S without S/P. I was starting to think they were going to be tied at the hip perpetually in North America. Bravo Sarah Hughes :rock:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed the skating cast very much (especially for Todd, Elena & Anton, Kyoko & John). I thought that Ashanti was going to have a "wardrobe malfunction" in the opening number. I loved seeing Elena & Anton skate to "If I Could" This is the program that wasn't shown in last season's A&E broadcast of the 2005 SOI tour. :cry: It was a treat to see them skate to "Kalinka" (I'll never get tired of that program). :clap:

I actually liked the fluff pieces with Sarah & her family, with the scenes around NYC. My favorite "fluff" piece was when Srah was on the ice with the hockey player and he imitated some of the poses from her "Fosse" program. I understand that Stephane & Shae Lynn skated to two programs. Of course we only got to see one each in the broadcast. :eek:hwell:, it would have been nice to see the second one for each. I did like seeing the children skating to "We Are the World."

Last edited: