Video transcripts and translations | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Video transcripts and translations

synian

On the Ice

synian

On the Ice
Thank you, it'll take a while, but I hope tonight or tomorrow. If not, then this weekend.

if and when you will be able to do it (please, no stress !!!) I would loved to understand what they thought of it, if they really loved it or not ? (for the SD and the FD ...
many thanks

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Ok I will. That's unfortunately not our Eurosport version. They some time ago asked our ex ice daner Aleksandra Kauc to comment and her views and opinions are quite intresting, but I don't even know if anyone records Polish broadcast. This is the version from public tv, and their commentators are not so much updated with whole IJS thing (seems they have their heads sticked to 6.0) so they can sometimes sound a bit funny. Like for example when at TEB they were so concerned why Piper and Paul got level 3 twizzles (witch is not true as they were 4 with 1,20 GOE lol).

There are two commentators and I'm going to refer them as B (Przemysław Babiarz) and S (Piotr Sobczyński)

S: No matter who will win It's going to be a team from Gadbois Group. Currently presenting themselves on the ice Gabriella Papadakis and Guilliaume Cizeron. World Champions representing France. They are going to present us their free dance for the first time (HEHE)
B: We are going to have the premiere here. As you may see they have to score not so much due to win their 10 points advatage from SD. There was a lot of talking how modern this program is and because of it risky, but they can allow it here.
S: Just don't say nothing and let's watch
B: Yeah. And in what this modernity we are going to see? (almost whispering)
S: There was not even a second to doubt that we are watching dancers here (his tone sounds actually impressed)
B: Yes. And they are interpreting the music without dancing pulse (rythm maybe)
S: There is no clear rythm pattern and that was the biggest risk here, but it turns out that as for now thinking by this tech mark we see that panel of the judges has bought it all. And I'm not suprised that they received it so easily, because they are excuisite
B: Even if they would not buy it it not necessairly would be visible in technical mark, because all of their tech elements were performed at the top level with the higest majestry with all of the highest levels of difficulty. This marks of unaceptation of this music would be visible more in components
B: But they took this risk conciously with their coaches of course. They are experimenting because we are in the pre-olimpic season. Of course their goal is olympic medals. They have two world titles, so they are taking risk now and if they would be received badly they would loose only a world title.
S: And they would change it next year to more tradicional dances in the olympic season. But orginality has also in ice dance big value.
B: And now we see that Guilliame has a visible personality on the ice. He is a frame of this duo. Gabriella is a picture inside. As it should be according to all of the ice dance definitions.
And they are so young because she is 21 years old, and he only 22. It in the ice dance means that they are young couple. Because when Tessa and Scott their first and only one as it turned out later olimpic title in Vancouver they were in similar age. But OG are in two years so they are not going to be younger than V/M. They would be receiving title now.
S: But in comparition with 10 years before it's a huge change when it was just impossible to jump on the first place in ID. You needed to work and work for that type of success. You needed to have a lot of time spent in the discipline to give you gold medal. And here we had junior silver medal and then in 2014/15 they got all of the medals (LOL GPF anyone). They did it once again next season - WC EC and their national title
B: For their SD here they scored really high. Second in the history of SD scores 78.26. Their record for the FD is 118,17 and they scored it at WC this year but WC belonged to last season. There is no doubt that they are going to win, and they receive high PCS
S: Yes. In that part of the mark we can see appreciation for their dance quality
B: This is maybe not their SB but the score is high 193.50 allows them of course with big margin above their competitors.
S: So World Champions are on the Grand Prix wining here. They are going to have convincing performance one more time, but I guess it's going to be a formality, and they are going to perform at GPF in (you all know where but I'm incapable of writing it down without mistake). Two finals are behind us (they mean free programes but two are going to come with world champions performing in it.
B: So do join us then. But now thanking for your attention Piotr Sobczyński and Przemysław Babiarz

That was quite fun to do :D

Last edited:

synian

On the Ice
Ok I will. That's unfortunately not our Eurosport version. They some time ago asked our ex ice daner Aleksandra Kauc to comment and her views and opinions are quite intresting, but I don't even know if anyone records Polish broadcast. This is the version from public tv, and their commentators are not so much updated with whole IJS thing (seems they have their heads sticked to 6.0) so they can sometimes sound a bit funny. Like for example when at TEB they were so concerned why Piper and Paul got level 3 twizzles (witch is not true as they were 4 with 1,20 GOE lol).

There are two commentators and I'm going to refer them as B (Przemysław Babiarz) and S (Piotr Sobczyński)

S: No matter who will win It's going to be a team from Gadbois Group. Currently presenting themselves on the ice Gabriella Papadakis and Guilliaume Cizeron. World Champions representing France. They are going to present us their free dance for the first time (HEHE)
B: We are going to have the premiere here. As you may see they have to score not so much due to win their 10 points advatage from SD. There was a lot of talking how modern this program is and because of it risky, but they can allow it here.
S: Just don't say nothing and let's watch
B: Yeah. And in what this modernity we are going to see? (almost whispering)
S: There was not even a second to doubt that we are watching dancers here (his tone sounds actually impressed)
B: Yes. And they are interpreting the music without dancing pulse (rythm maybe)
S: There is no clear rythm pattern and that was the biggest risk here, but it turns out that as for now thinking by this tech mark we see that panel of the judges has bought it all. And I'm not suprised that they received it so easily, because they are excuisite
B: Even if they would not buy it it not necessairly would be visible in technical mark, because all of their tech elements were performed at the top level with the higest majestry with all of the highest levels of difficulty. This marks of unaceptation of this music would be visible more in components
B: But they took this risk conciously with their coaches of course. They are experimenting because we are in the pre-olimpic season. Of course their goal is olympic medals. They have two world titles, so they are taking risk now and if they would be received badly they would loose only a world title.
S: And they would change it next year to more tradicional dances in the olympic season. But orginality has also in ice dance big value.
B: And now we see that Guilliame has a visible personality on the ice. He is a frame of this duo. Gabriella is a picture inside. As it should be according to all of the ice dance definitions.
And they are so young because she is 21 years old, and he only 22. It in the ice dance means that they are young couple. Because when Tessa and Scott their first and only one as it turned out later olimpic title in Vancouver they were in similar age. But OG are in two years so they are not going to be younger than V/M. They would be receiving title now.
S: But in comparition with 10 years before it's a huge change when it was just impossible to jump on the first place in ID. You needed to work and work for that type of success. You needed to have a lot of time spent in the discipline to give you gold medal. And here we had junior silver medal and then in 2014/15 they got all of the medals (LOL GPF anyone). They did it once again next season - WC EC and their national title
B: For their SD here they scored really high. Second in the history of SD scores 78.26. Their record for the FD is 118,17 and they scored it at WC this year but WC belonged to last season. There is no doubt that they are going to win, and they receive high PCS
S: Yes. In that part of the mark we can see appreciation for their dance quality
B: This is maybe not their SB but the score is high 193.50 allows them of course with big margin above their competitors.
S: So World Champions are on the Grand Prix wining here. They are going to have convincing performance one more time, but I guess it's going to be a formality, and they are going to perform at GPF in (you all know where but I'm incapable of writing it down without mistake). Two finals are behind us (they mean free programes but two are going to come with world champions performing in it.
B: So do join us then. But now thanking for your attention Piotr Sobczyński and Przemysław Babiarz

That was quite fun to do :D

I want to thank you for this ... this is not too bad compared from french tv official commentator .... and comment are related to the program !!! that more than we could get !
please, nobody will be ever worse than our "official french commentatator .. .. since about 20 years who repeat himself every year during every program from any skaters about the tiger of siberie (for discribeing evgeni pushenko .. etc ...always the same really really old punchline (he has 3 of these) and tell them every time during every program about anybody. I really think he is afraid of silence .....
you described it like a lot more nice than we (french people) could described the french tv' commentators' speaking during the program about the foboulous mozart music from last year !! performance ?!? that it is going really difficult to beat for them and how mozart was such an acredible music (all of it during the live program of course !. trust me you really don't want to know more about him ... !!!

french commentator from eurosport are a lot better but I never found anything in youtube from them (like you !!) (usually, they are ancien competitors and really knowledged people with interesting words about programs from the skaters

Fayruza

Match Penalty
I can't believe Icebergup channel has been banned from YT, they were always the first to put up the videos :no:
Here is a new link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ml5GlRapc
Could you also to the FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEB7IqYpL5A
you're the best :hap10:

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron
SD
TEB 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ml5GlRapc

Gr: Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron are starting the GP series at home. They are skating their SD last.
TAT: We have to understand why they skate this way and they defeat any competition. Let's watch them.
(after the skate)
TAT: That's absolutely... the audience know what they're doing when they give a standing ovation - it's not because they're French, it's because it's technically excellent and so light. If they show the twizzles, pay attention... when their first twizzle is over, they make such a stop in more difficult... they make it even more difficult, they make it, they turn... see how their coaches are happy. The coaches were dancing along so much that it was stunning. We're sitting near, we have people warming up behind, on the left we have folks from French television, on the right we have the coaches dancing, while the athletes themselves are dancing right in front of us. The athletes are the farthest, all the others are just here close at hand. I liked it, I liked it more than at the practice. They know how to do it.
Gr: They've finally presented themselves in this dance, and it was great it was quite exciting.
TAT: She has an attitude not just to music, but to him as well. She plays her part very well. That's the first twizzle, and now have a look - there (disappointed) - the exit on different feet. That's the way they show it - I have to thank French TV for their low professionalism. They made small elements at the end in order to... see what their score is?
Gr: It's very good.
TAT: What does 'very good' mean - have a look what their points for the twizzles are!
Gr: Twizzles Level 4, GOE 2.
TAT: Has anyone made level 3 twizzles today? And did you see them at the previous competitions?
Gr: Yes, I've seen Level 4 twizzles, but the French dancers have impressed me again today.
TAT: that depends on the coaches too , since their Canadian dancers skate just as well, because the Canadian also make their twizzles more difficult too. It's the coaches making twizzles more difficult. They vary the exit from each element by new ideas. They show off their balance.
Gr: Wait, TA, just a second.... a world record. I have nothing else to add.
TAT: I have to agree.

synian

On the Ice
SD
TEB 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ml5GlRapc

Gr: Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron are starting the GP series at home. They are skating their SD last.
TAT: We have to understand why they skate this way and they defeat any competition. Let's watch them.
(after the skate)
TAT: That's absolutely... the audience know what they're doing when they give a standing ovation - it's not because they're French, it's because it's technically excellent and so light. If they show the twizzles, pay attention... when their first twizzle is over, they make such a stop in more difficult... they make it even more difficult, they make it, they turn... see how their coaches are happy. The coaches were dancing along so much that it was stunning. We're sitting near, we have people warming up behind, on the left we have folks from French television, on the right we have the coaches dancing, while the athletes themselves are dancing right in front of us. The athletes are the farthest, all the others are just here close at hand. I liked it, I liked it more than at the practice. They know how to do it.
Gr: They've finally presented themselves in this dance, and it was great it was quite exciting.
TAT: She has an attitude not just to music, but to him as well. She plays her part very well. That's the first twizzle, and now have a look - there (disappointed) - the exit on different feet. That's the way they show it - I have to thank French TV for their low professionalism. They made small elements at the end in order to... see what their score is?
Gr: It's very good.
TAT: What does 'very good' mean - have a look what their points for the twizzles are!
Gr: Twizzles Level 4, GOE 2.
TAT: Has anyone made level 3 twizzles today? And did you see them at the previous competitions?
Gr: Yes, I've seen Level 4 twizzles, but the French dancers have impressed me again today.
TAT: that depends on the coaches too , since their Canadian dancers skate just as well, because the Canadian also make their twizzles more difficult too. It's the coaches making twizzles more difficult. They vary the exit from each element by new ideas. They show off their balance.
Gr: Wait, TA, just a second.... a world record. I have nothing else to add.
TAT: I have to agree.

That 's interesting to learn about the twizzle stop and exit. No one else spoke about it . They really enjoy their SD and they praise about the coaches team too. I loved that they saw Gabriella's feeling to the music and the relationship with Guillaume.
I find funny that they want to know the secret to their skating
Thank you so much for this

Fayruza

Match Penalty
I can't believe Icebergup channel has been banned from YT, they were always the first to put up the videos :no:
Here is a new link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ml5GlRapc
Could you also to the FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEB7IqYpL5A
you're the best :hap10:

FD
TEB 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEB7IqYpL5A

Gr: Three pairs are in the final, and though Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron are not going to win their ticket to Marseille, since it's their first GP competition, they have to be watched all the time. When they're on the ice, they make masterpieces - they've shown us that these two years. Happy Birthday, Guillaume Cizeron! He's 22.
TAT: One masterpiece isn't the same as another (meaning: not every masterpiece can be equally good).
(after the skate)
Gr: Well, TA, is this different from the Mona Lisa or Picasso's works?
TAT: I'm just stunned. There's no beginning, no end, there's just a story of life. I have to ask if that's what they skate, I perceived it so. And you can't see anything with them, such a union with music, with its texture, every detail - they answer to it with their soul. They're just breathtaking. I don't see any fatigue, any structure as I see with everyone - this is what they started doing, they ended... Here, the second step sequence was done in such a way that only at the end did I realise it was a step sequence. Such pliable bodies, perfect choreography. They just do whatever they want to do. (something barely audible for background music, but still praising P&C) I'm just delighted I've come here and am seeing this earlier than I could have done. It's just perfection of the style and music and motion and ideas. One want to applaud to them endlessly. I also want to applaud to the coaches - you can train anything, but coming up with something new, envisioning it and putting it across, making the skaters love it, showing them the path where they feel absolutely free and complex, and you can express your attitude to life, life as it comes and goes, and we feel sadness and joy and love and tragedy, as it began. And we can see all that in these 4 minutes and live with them. I'm very impressed by this dance.
Gr: They get 155 points, and they win. They were beyond the reach for their rivals here.
TAT: the coaches thank the audience and the judges for watching this.
Gr: (the coaches) have also lived a whole life within these 4 minutes and it was interesting to see them, anyway - they defeat Brian Orser for the second place among coaches. The first place still belongs to Nikolai Morozov.

SHE IS A BIT INCOHERENT AT TIMES, SORRY!

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
https://youtu.be/7Em__Z7uceg

This is an interesting title. I would like to know what Elena says about "having no friends", could anyone translate the interview please? I would be grateful :)

What she said is that she has no close friends among Russian figure skating girls, but she keeps in touch with Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva who she considers to be kindred souls.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Could someone please translate the commentary from Kovtun's SP? I'm also interested in what he and Inna said before and after the program, if it's possible to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4icfU7xwnfY

No way - Grishin isn't keeping his mouth shut either. I wouldn't promise to make it out even when everyone's out - Goncharenko wasn't speaking into a microphone!
OK, is Thursday OK? I've a hellish schedule before then, I'm afraid.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No way - Grishin isn't keeping his mouth shut either. I wouldn't promise to make it out even when everyone's out - Goncharenko wasn't speaking into a microphone!
OK, is Thursday OK? I've a hellish schedule before then, I'm afraid.

Take your time! I appreciate everything you do & don't want to overwhelm you. But I know we have quite a few native Russian speakers on here...doesn't anyone else like translating? :)

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Take your time! I appreciate everything you do & don't want to overwhelm you. But I know we have quite a few native Russian speakers on here...doesn't anyone else like translating? :)
But of course, I don't mean to hog it all for myself! But if it's not done within these four days, I'll try to get round to it! :)

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Could someone please translate the commentary from Kovtun's SP? I'm also interested in what he and Inna said before and after the program, if it's possible to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4icfU7xwnfY

During the kiss and cry he says something like:
Well as usual, no matter how much I work...(she tells him to shut up)
he continues to say: and how (hard) I work.
After the scores he says something in the likes of "the greatest moment" (couldn't hear the rest).
She replies: It's not funny.
He replies: I not happy, I'm very sad

Last edited: