Video transcripts and translations | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Video transcripts and translations

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
During the kiss and cry he says something like:
Well as usual, no matter how much I work...(she tells him to shut up)
he continues to say: and how (hard) I work.
After the scores he says something in the likes of "the greatest moment" (couldn't hear the rest).
She replies: It's not funny.
He replies: I not happy, I'm very sad

Thanks. I would still be interested to know what Grishin & Trankov said...not necessarily every word, but the highlights, at least.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Since I did this for Yuzuru's Fan Fest, I'll double it here just in case. I'll try to get to poor Kovtun tomorrow

Russian TV Channel Arena
Yuzuru Hanyu
SP
NHK 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351G9q2Dtng

By this GPF Yuzuru Hanyu will turn 22 years old - just on the day of SP draw. Now Yuzuru Hanyu, Sochi Olympic Champion, 2014 World Champion, the holder of all imaginable and some unimaginable world records in single men's figure skating will show us his short programme. He was beaten by Patrick Chan in Canada. Now he's changed his costume and he's also changed the Missisauga ice arena for one in Sapporo.
(after Yuzu's 4Lo stepout) Oh, he jumped the 4Lo during the warm-up, but he couldn't hold the landing a bit here! But 4Sal+3T was brilliant! And what an axel - I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get +3 from all the judges, very surprised!
Well, there's no doubt who wins the SP, but you can feature me in Japanese comic books, since I have very surprised look - the 3A got a +2 from one of the judges and it shows in the preliminary protocol. But it was the only judge who did it. I'll remind you that Hanyu's SP world record is 110, or nearly 111 - 110.95, which was set not in Japan, but at the GPF which Yuzuru won. Willl he get more, that is the question? It was a great SP, a great skate, of course, the 4Lo wasn't done successful, but still quite decently, so Brian Orser can share the huge candy he got from the stands with him. The yellow Winnie the Pooh should become the best talisman in the history. So Brian says, it was fine, it was all right. Brian says it was great very calmly, he continues that it was all right. Well, it was quite impressive!
The athlete reeled a little when doing his 4Lo, so he couldn't land it cleanly, but otherwise there shouldn't be any bones to pick on with the judges in other elements. All the non-jump elements are Level 4. This 3A is so clean, landed ideally on a backward stroke, no problems, no doubts about its being fully rotated... Oh, yes, now we can see that the score is getting sorted out and is becoming more adequate, since he gets +3 all around for his 3A. Probably, the judges couldn't quite decide what to give it, so one +2 could have counted in, but now it's been taken away. +3 only for his axel, which is as it should be, no doubts about that. He gave it his all. This year the competition is getting fiercer. That's a nice repeat (about Yuzuru's gesture with his right hand)
Yuzuru rubs his hands in anticipation. Well, he's had greater scores, but you can't expect more with such a serious mistake on his 4Lo. Yuzuru Hanyu gets 103.89, and if I'm not mistaken, it's the season's best result overall. Which place is he holding? That's right - he's first.

Yuzuru Hanyu
FS
NHK 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKHP8z3XDI

If there's anyone else the Japanese audience waited for with more eagerness, I don't know who that is. It's Yuzuru Hanyu, the Olympic Champion, World record holder in SP, FS and cumulative scores, who's performing in his homeland. As a matter of fact, he's from Sendai, which is not far from Sapporo, on the same island of Hokkaido (some seriously skewered geography here, I know).
4Lo, great! 4Sal, beautiful! 3F. One more 4Sal in the second half of the programme, deep into the second half of it! He didn't succeed with it, so the jump will have a lowered base value. What is Hanyu coming up with! 4T! Four quads and three done cleanly or very cleanly! 3A-3T in the second half of the programme! (after Yuzu doubles his salchow) Even Hanyu lacks strength a bit sometimes. 3Lz right at the end!
Hahyu is stunning even even when he falls! He does something incredible! Not long before the beginning of NHK Yuzuru said he felt ready to reach 300 points in his score for two programmes. So if we remember how well he skated in his SP, we'll find out he got 103.89 points, which means he has to get a little over 196 to get to that phenomenal mark. Judging by his technical marks he might well do it, since this is his home GP, home stadium, home audience, home ice. The love of home audience can produce miracles with Yuzuru. Well, yes, he didn't manage to land his second 4Sal, and since it had to be in a combo - you can't repeat the same jump solo, one of them has to be in a combination, that's why its base value will be lowered, -4 and a deduction for the fall. But even without that jump Hanyu is just brilliant: 4 quads, 3Lz right at the end, wonderful spins, step sequence... Where does this delicate and outwardly frail young man take his energy from? There, he touched his talisman, the yellow Winnie the Pooh, for luck and set off to make history for the umpteenth time. It's just unbelievable!
Now I'll get down to calculations to see who's going to the GPF - Javier Fernandez, Patrick Chan, Shoma Uno and now Yuzuru Hanyu - the four of them are going there. We have the only skater left - Nathan Chen, who was fourth in France, so he has to finish second here to get to the Final. Then he edges out Adam Rippon, but Rippon will go to the Final, but Boyang Jin will be left at home. If Chen comes third or lower, Boyang will go to the Final and Nathan will be left out, just like Sergey Voronov. Can you imagine that - even Voronov had a chance, albeit thin, to go to the GPF. But it was highly unlikely because for Sergey to get to the Final, Hanyu had to finish outside the six top men here, which is improbable. So far we've enjoyed the best part of Hanyu's performance (he goes over his calculations again!!!) There comes the score! Oh yes, yes! Yuzuru Hanyu gets 300 points! 197.58 and over 301! 301.47 is the score Yuzuru Hanyu gets! He said he would do it, and he kept his word!

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Thanks. I would still be interested to know what Grishin & Trankov said...not necessarily every word, but the highlights, at least.
Well first Grishin says it was a classic Kovtun
Max explains what went wrong Says nice words about Averbuch's choreo
Then they're silent &then Grishin comments about the rush for quads making men fail to compete with clean progs

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thread bump. This thread got buried even though I'm sure some of you might love to get translations of some of the GPF's performances.
I wish it could become a sticky thread.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Guys, sorry, I've been ill for a while, so... been lazy. Last days of work - I should get down to it before new year.

stmusicality

Spectator
Hey guys! Stumbled on this thread and think it's an amazing idea! Thanks so much to all of the people posting such great translations!!

If at all possible, I'd love to know what's being said in this old video (from Euros 2015) about Papadakis/Cizeron (love them!)--it's a bit long but I'd appreciate any translations, especially in the parts starting at around 7:40 where we get to see a bit of their daily training routine.

https://vk.com/video-82098134_171089126?list=fded3a63623a79db38

Thanks so much in advance, and let me know if the link doesn't work or anything!

sadya

On the Ice
Country
Netherlands
I gave it a try, but my French isn't great and because of lack of use I'm forgetting more of the language each year. I still do understand better than speaking it, but not all phrases and words. Here is what I did understand so you have some clue about what they're saying, until someone with better knowledge of the language makes an accurate translation:

First part of the video:

Host is welcoming us in Stockholm and talks about being enchanted by the FD of P and C. Then tells us we’re going to watch the ladies FS this evening. (talks about the fierceness of the ladies field) He next welcomes and congratulates P and C with their gold, talks about how it took them years to reach the top, how historic it was that they went from 15th to first place.
P: says it wasn’t easy to move up (in the rankings) and that’s the idea we grew up with, but it’s good to know anything can happen in sports.

Host asks about the choice of music.
C: It was our coach who proposed it, we were already talking about changing our style, we wanted classical music, this was something different from previous years.

Host: What aspect did you work most on?
C: Interpretation, the role of the actor, the pleasure of the program is that it's sincere, the emotions are real for the public, this year we really tried to touch the audience.

Host speaks about their French and Canadian influence, the people they learnt from, talks about how they began their career in Lyon and are in Montreal now.
P: Working in Montreal is interesting because it mixes the quality of Canadian skating, their glide and purity in skating with European originality, it all mixes in a very good and interesting way.

Host: This audience celebrated your performance. All skaters agree that this was a great audience.
P: agrees, finds this audience cordial and warm: 'it was a real pleasure (skating for them)'.

Host: Even though the country is cold and snowy, the people are warm from inside.
C: It’s true that the public was unbelievable, it was something powerful and emotional for us to feel that the audience was with us throughout the program. We gained our victory with them.

Host: You are still young, around 20 years old, what more do you wish for? Of course there is Worlds coming up with more strong competition, what else would you wish for right now?
P: To always remain loyal to ourselves, each year we want to try to skate more interesting programs, we hope to bring something (different) to skating.

Host: talks about the podium moments, how the organizers had the French flag hanging badly (loose from one side).
P: It was funny, it gave something comical to a very solemn ceremony.
P and C together: It was very funny.
There is some more talk about the ceremony being special, with the public spontaneously standing up during the national anthem, they weren’t told to do that. P thinks they all made the evening special together. The host hopes the personality of P and C will never change.

Second part of the video, 7:40:

Voice over: We have an incredicble story following P and C from January. They live here in Montreal since last summer.

C: It takes about 10-15-20 minutes to walk to the rink, it’s a bit of a challenge every day.

During training: coach says they have to find the balance (in the lift).

Voice over: They have 3 coaches. One month after the Europeans, the work continues. They work on the smallest details.

Coaches (Marie-France): They are lucky to have found each other young, so we didn’t have to work with them on (having/finding) a connection (with each other).

Voice over: They have been skating together for ten years, brought together by the coach of Papadakis. P and C are 19 and 20 now. They kept making progress until past fall when they won CoC and TEB within a few months and were third in GPF.

Coach: I want more character from you, G, look at him with tenderness.
Coach now skating with them: Try to do this in front of judges, you turn like this and . . . [he shows them the move, they try it]
Coach: Paampaam and look! Very good. Okay.

Voice over: After the ice there are drama lessons.

Drama teacher: Don’t do (makes sounds and movements), now that is very Romy Schneider , I control myself.
P and C try the movements differently now.
Drama teacher : That’s better, dear. That’s all, that’s it, yes.It’s like the blues that. [she growls] As a viewer you get cramps. [laughs].
P afterwards: This is like a psychiatrist or psychologist looking for . . .
Everyone laughs a bit when she says that.
P: No it’s true, it’s like an outlet for something we all resemble, finding all the personality traits we have. (I didn't fully understand all she said)

Voice over during arabesques of the students: The day is ending. Classic dance lessons and physical preparations however never end.
P while training in the fitness center: This is my favourite activity (she says more, but I didn't understand)

Girl (coach? fellow student?) talking about C during dance lessons: I have already tried to convince him to have a career as a dancer after this.

(I didn’t understand properly what P and C said in the locker room area after their lessons)

Voice over: The long, very long day is finally over around 21.00 hours.
P: We eat at my place after training. (she jokes about something I didn't understand)
They make dinner and eat while joking.
(I didn’t quite understand what the voice over said slightly before that – something about not breaking stuff I think – and what P and C were joking and laughing about during their meal)
Voice over: The secret of their success today is their harmony.

Voice over: This week their work in Canada will be judged. They are first after the SD. Their progression is impressive. There is a lot of pressure for the important evening (of the FD).
Coaches during their FD run through: good, very good.

Voice over during backstage preparation: Before the victory of Europe, every second they continue (to concentrate? Keep their momentum?, sorry, didn't understand properly)

Voice over during FD: they execute their FD with perfection. The work has paid off. Everything is perfect, the technique, the interpretation, it’s evenings like this when once dances to (amidst) the stars.
C: We feel many emotions at the same time, I don’t know, I’m sorry, there are no words to describe my feelings. I don’t know.
P: I don’t have any either.

Voice over: The party can begin for these precocious talents, becoming World Champions at just 19 and 20 years old. P and C have the world at their feet.
(there was more during the party, but I didn't properly get it)

I am very sorry for any translation mistakes and I hope someone will have a better one for you soon. :)

Last edited:

stmusicality

Spectator
WOW thank you so much for this translation sadya!! And don't worry about any mistakes--if anyone can fill in any gaps that would be great, but this was such a fun read! Thank you again!!

synian

On the Ice
I gave it a try, but my French isn't great and because of lack of use I'm forgetting more of the language each year. I still do understand better than speaking it, but not all phrases and words. Here is what I did understand so you have some clue about what they're saying, until someone with better knowledge of the language makes an accurate translation:

First part of the video:

Host is welcoming us in Stockholm and talks about being enchanted by the FD of P and C. Then tells us we’re going to watch the ladies FS this evening. (talks about the fierceness of the ladies field) He next welcomes and congratulates P and C with their gold, talks about how it took them a year to reach the top, how historic it was that they went from 15th to first place.
P: says it wasn’t easy to move up (in the rankings) and that’s the idea we grew up with, but it’s good to know anything can happen in sports.

Host asks about the choice of music.
C: It was our coach Romain Haguenauer who proposed it, we were already talking about changing our style, something different from ours previous years, we wanted to bring more contempory's feelings to a classical music

Host: What aspect did you work most on?
C: Interpretation, the role of the actor, the pleasure to play this program, our feelings are sincere, the emotions are real for the public, this year we really tried to touch the audience.

Host speaks about their French and Canadian influence, the people they learnt from, talks about how they began their career in Lyon and are in Montreal now.
P: Working in Montreal is interesting because it mixes the quality of Canadian skating, their glide and purity in skating with European originality, it all mixes in a very good and interesting way.

Host: This audience celebrated your performance. All skaters agree that this was a great audience.
P: agrees, finds this audience cordial and warm: 'it was a real pleasure (skating for them)'.

Host: Even though the country is cold and snowy, the people are warm from inside.
C: It’s true that the public was unbelievable, it was something powerful and emotional for us to feel that the audience was with us throughout the program. We gained (lived the program) our victory with them.

Host: You are still young, around 20 years old, what more do you wish for? Of course there is Worlds coming up with more strong competition, what else would you wish for right now?
P: To always remain loyal to ourselves, each year we want to try to skate more interesting programs, we hope to bring something (different) to skating.

Host: talks about the podium moments, how the organizers had the French flag hanging badly (loose from one side).
P: It was funny, it gave something comical to a very solemn ceremony.
P and C together: It was very funny.
There is some more talk about the ceremony being special, with the public spontaneously standing up during the national anthem, they weren’t told to do that. P thinks they all made the evening special together. The host hopes the personality of P and C will never change.

Second part of the video, 7:40:

Voice over: We have an incredicble story following P and C

G: we have done it, we are european champions
G : the most important thing is that they are in gold

voice over : here is he story of an incredible success. at the begining of january, Gabriella and guillaume lived here in Montreal since last summer
C: I am losing my hand (taking a selfie because of the weather) but dispite of it, i'am fine.
C+P : It takes about 10-15-20 minutes to walk to the rink, it’s a bit of a challenge every day.
P : we are happy to come into the rink (it's warmer)

During training: coach whoah she loose the balance here but he says they have to find the balance (in the lift).
C: I am not enought in a sitting position and still she is falling ...
Voice over: They have 3 coaches for 5 hours a day.
C: she doesn't agree of course !
he tries again and Romain told him : wait, keep her more longer ... here she is ok
MF : the legs have to be straigt, the foots in the direction of the ice
Romain : do it marie ! you are not saying she is heavy ?!!
MF : they already have the talent, They are lucky to have found each other young, so we didn’t have to work with them on (having/finding) a connection (with each other).
Voice over: They have been skating together for ten years, brought together by the coach of Papadakis. P and C are 19 and 20 now. They kept making progress until past fall when they won CoC and TEB within a few months and were third in GPF.

One month after the Europeans, the work continues. They work on the smallest details.

Coach: I want more character from you, G, ..in the eyes. you look at him with too much tenderness. This is lacking of character
Coach now skating with them: Try to do this in front of judges, you turn like this and . . . [he shows them the move, they try it]
Coach: Paampaam and look! Very good. Okay.
C: when we arrive at the last half hour of the training, we are in the hurry to have the training to finish yes !!

Drama teacher: make it breathing, you 'll see, you are going to feel it
Voice over: After the ice there are drama lessons.
Drama teacher: Many thanks, this is super generous. yeah better. hoo Don’t do (makes sounds and movements) this is not ..., no, this is very Romy Schneider , I control everything... If you are giving too much there is nothing to leave to me as a spectator here.
P and C try the movements differently now.
Drama teacher : That’s better, dear. That’s all, that’s it, yes.It’s like the blues that. [she growls] As a viewer you get cramps. [laughs].
Voice over: working the interpretation is essential
P afterwards: This is like a psychiatrist or psychologist looking for . . .
Everyone laughs a bit when she says that.
P: No it’s true, it’s like an outlet for something we all have, finding all the personality traits we have. what we are feeling finding our inconscient personality we are not perfectly aware of

Voice over during arabesques of the students: elongate, elongate and lift the thigh
voice over: how are you feeling guillaume ?
C: very very good !! a little harder here, i'am swetting
The day is ending. Classic dance lessons and physical preparations however never end.
P while training in the fitness center: This is not my favourite activity (but at least this is the fisrt time i feel warm enought)
G: I can't do more

Girl (classic danse coach) talking about C during dance lessons: I have already tried to convince him to have a career as a dancer after this.
it is about from 10 hours that Gabriella and Guillaume work without a pause

(G : did you like it ?
c: We are not satisfied as long as we finally are in our bed
G: on another side, this mean that we need to go back home (so going outside in the frozen weather and this ...is so much harder

Voice over: The long, very long day is finally over around 21.00 hours.
P: We are going to eat at my place after training, it 's nice. (she jokes about she is going to prepare a good soup (it seems more that she is going to open a can or something like that..)
voice over: the duo is getting along very well. no broken plates, and we are not here every day but what we can see,
They make dinner and eat while joking.
C: it'is cold
P: it is ?
voice over : it is alright !
C : she is always late, she is not a great cook !!
P : Oh, it is you who wanted pasta
C : I am jocking
P : he like to jibe and can be touchy
C : that right, I confess. This this the only person who put yaourts upside down in the fridge
P : it was like it in my bag so ...

voice over : Harmony this is the secret

Voice over: This week we are in stolkom. This week their work in Canada will be judged. They are first after the SD. Their progression is impressive. There is a lot of pressure for the important evening (of the FD).
Coaches during their FD run through: good, very good.

Voice over during backstage preparation: from now on, time is stopping. Last hour before the victory of Europe, every second drip one by one they continue to concentrate to stay in their bubble,

Voice over during FD: they execute their FD with perfection. The work has paid off. Everything is perfect, the technique, the interpretation, it’s evenings like this when once dances to (amidst) the stars.
C: We feel many emotions at the same time, I don’t know, I’m sorry, there are no words to describe my feelings. I don’t know.
P: I don’t have any either.

Voice over: The party can begin for these precocious talents, becoming World Champions at just 19 and 20 years old. P and C have the world at their feet.
(Fabian : we want a photo with the champion !! Nathalie : thiis is the first photo from our first victory ... seems like she was not happy !! they try funny ones )

I am very sorry for any translation mistakes and I hope someone will have a better one for you soon. :)
I try to help, but it will probably not perfect either !!

sadya

On the Ice
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't matter. At least we're getting there. :) Thank you very much for helping. I like the humour of this pair which I'm only noticing now actually.

Last edited:

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
I'd love to know what the Spanish commentators are saying about James/Cipres' FS :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZeYwEVDCGk

They loved it!

Some talk about previous pairs..

Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres, who were in second position yesterday, 29 and 25 years old. Fourth last year. Of course, if someone deserves to be in the podium it’s them.

They do a quad throw sal. Good combination, triple-double-double. If they do the quad sal, they do it now… Yes! (both commentators) Two footed. Triple sal. Triple flip. Bravo. What a skate! What an entrance to the death spiral. Wow. What an entrance (to the lift). What a program.

What a skate by Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres! Yes sir! Not time to even finish! Great! With a standing ovation! What a thrill! Look at the tech score. 74. 48. Yes, they will review it, analize it, but what a program! Look, Didier Gailhaguet on his feet. They deserve it, they deserve it, yes. What a final, Susana, it’s been a while since we’ve enjoyed a final at an European Championship. So moving, so moving.

Of course, all four couples were impressive, but this couple has filled me. I’m getting emotional too, because after all this time, to see the French in the podium… And how they fought for it. This is their sixth EC, they always finish fourth, fifth. Look at the score, the technical level, how good they did to go to Silvia Fontana and John Zimmerman. They have polished them (is that ok?), brought out the better in them. What a beautiful final!

Watch the tech score, they are getting really good points. The only mistake has been the fall on the throw quad, the only neg score. But it’s a pair that deserves to be on the podium, they deserve it. Judges are still deciding. It’ll be hard for them to get the gold medal, because T/M work has been sensational, and they had a difference of six points already, but of course they deserve to be on the podium. Yes, yes.

During repetition: Triple twist. Triple toe combination, good position of both, combined with double-double. Both pretty secure. The throw quad, here it is. Look she two footed, no doubt, over rotated. She held on, a fall would have taken another point. Triple sal, both marvelous, very secure. Really difficult entries to the lifts. His effort to lift her without her help. What a good choreography, feeling. It has moved us all, I belive. Here Morgan breaks..

Suspense. Well, not for the first position, but for the podium. 145, 84, improving 12 points their best score, they are gonna be third. They go to the third position and they are waiting to see if they get the bronze medal. We are happy, she says, so, bronze medal. Fantastic! Bronze medal.

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow that was fast, thank you so much ffloweer!!!

I just can't stop watching this skate :)

louisinsane

Rinkside
Could someone please translate what Tarasova is saying about Savchenko/Massot during their FD at Europeans ?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x59s6j3_ec2017-aliona-savchenko-bruno-massot-fs_sport

Thanks so much

If it is still needed, here you are. I might have misheard Tarasova sometimes as the crowd was violently shouting at some moments.

Before the start of the skate
Tarasova: She had been in Ukraine for long time but she was of no use there.
The skate started
Tarasova: Beautiful!
After the triple salchow
Tarasova: Wow! Wonderful!
After the first lift
Tarasova with a solemn voice: Alena Savchenko is skating! Skating spectacularly!
At the end of the skate
Tarasova: The program was performed brilliantly! Performed with one mistake. Just moving to tears. Seems like they bewitched the audience since very beginning. There was such a silence that a fly could be heard. She captured the audience. And, of course, she is crying because she has played her heart out. They skated divinely. Divinely! Standing ovations…
Grishin: Some unimaginable TES score!
Tarasova: It must be this way!
Grishin: Without quad throws or twists, and only 2,5 axel throw. It is 14th Europeans for Alena Savchenko. She withdrew from two of them and won medals of nine Europeans.
Tarasova: She didn’t give up. She didn’t grow older. She invented the new things and skated. Enchantress! A true enchantress!
Grishin: Counting with the last year Championship she won 10 medals of European Championships. I have mistaken. But it doesn’t matter. A lot of medals.
Tarasova: It doesn’t matter. She has always had medals. She is an outstanding female pair-skater of the modern times.
Grishin: Savchenko may have fifth Olympic Games in 2018.
Tarasova: Their twist which they did at the beginning. It must be level 3 for sure.
Grishin: Yes. Level 3.
Tarasova: Because they made some steps and changed the direction. How stubborn she is! She didn’t put her hands up. It doesn’t matter. Well, level 3. She is so stubborn! That is why she is the way she is, Alena.
Grishin: Yes. She has won so many titles.
Tarasova: That’s why when I wrote to her: ”Just don’t take some awful music”. Because she has chosen some awful music lately. One could hardly listen to it. She wrote back: “We have chosen the music and you will be pleased”. I am like her fan because I am a fan of all talented people. I can appreciate this work of her, this irrepressible passion for skating. Well, look how she finished. This is a pure creative and refined person.
Grishin: Savchenko’s opponents have a very difficult situation as she has earned nearly 150 points for FS. I think, Massot has never earned so many points for both programs skating with Daria Popova. 222 points for overall score.
Tarasova: Ksyusha and Fedor! Pull yourselves together!