Volosozhar and Trankov golden in Bratislava | Golden Skate

Volosozhar and Trankov golden in Bratislava

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia took their fourth European title since 2012 on Saturday in Bratislava. Germany’s Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot claimed the silver medal in their debut as a team at the event, while Russians Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov repeated as bronze medalists.

More

Despite the win, Trankov was annoyed with the pairs schedule.

“It was a very hard start to the day,” said Trankov. “We had an early practice then we stayed here in the rink before the free program because we had no time to go to the hotel. The schedule is crazy. I don’t know why since 2014 the organizers have made the schedule so crazy for pairs when we have these hard elements. All pairs skaters are very unhappy about this. The European Championships is the most horrible competition for pair skaters.”

....always known for speaking his mind :biggrin:

iamchrislao

On the Ice
Lovely skates from these two. But i prefer Savchenko and Massot! And I love their programs this year!!!!!! despite the mistakes I found myself rooting for them and enjoying the artists I see on the ice :)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Same about the schedule. The Free skate has a lack of quality for all pairs.

To my mind V/T looked good in spite of little mistakes. But their marks were a little low compared to the past. To my mind this was really fair and they were not overscored for the first time.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Same about the schedule. The Free skate has a lack of quality for all pairs.

To my mind V/T looked good in spite of little mistakes. But their marks were a little low compared to the past. To my mind this was really fair and they were not overscored for the first time.

I think that's partly because of where we are in the cycle- not just for them but in general, once the next Olympics is imminent, scores are going to start inching up again...