Weinstein and Simon thrive in Colorado | Golden Skate

Weinstein and Simon thrive in Colorado

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Earlier this summer, U.S. pair team Lindsay Weinstein and Jacob Simon made a coaching change and moved from Buffalo Grove, Ill., to Colorado Springs, Colo., to train under Dalilah Sappenfield, Laureano Ibarra, Eddie Shipstad, Drew Meekins, and Trina Pratt. [More]

Last season, the skaters had a throw triple loop in both of their programs. This season, the team will change out the throw triple loop with a throw triple Salchow in their short program, and will also add the same element to the long for their second throw jump.

“In the short amount of time I’ve had with them, they have shown me that they are fully committed to their goals this year,” said Sappenfield. “They are hard working, disciplined, and determined athletes. To me, that is a reflection of the good coaching they received in Chicago. I am excited to continue working towards our goals as a team and seeing what our journey will bring.”
Wishing this young team much success this season! :cheer2:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This season, the team is using music that their coach heard in France (unknown at press time) for the short program and selections from An American Tail soundtrack for the long. The skaters debuted the short program at the 2015 Broadmoor Open, and both routines were also used in competition at 2015 Skate Detroit this past weekend.

They should be able to make good technical improvements in Colorado. Good luck to them on the JGP.