2023-24 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Coaching, Country and Discipline Changes

Country
Norway
Just did a quick search of ISU Bios during the Warm Up at 4 Nationals, and Agnes is listed as the coach and / or choreographer for quite a few skaters that represent Luxembourg. So, I guess she might be based there now.

I didn't know she was coaching either.

CaroLiza_fan
Do the same skaters have some connection with Lorenzo Magri? Lorenzo is still listed as one of Mias coaches on the ISU bio but I have barely seen them working together since the season started. It was Lorenzo who invited Mia to the training camp at Colorado Springs, so maybe Lorenzo and Agnes have some kind of cooperation. I´m wondering if Mia will still train in Norway, I think it will depend on how much involved Agnes will be in Mias coaching, and if Nuriya is still coaching her. But normally I would think the skaters bring their head coach to the big competitions unless the other coach can´t go.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Do the same skaters have some connection with Lorenzo Magri? Lorenzo is still listed as one of Mias coaches on the ISU bio but I have barely seen them working together since the season started. It was Lorenzo who invited Mia to the training camp at Colorado Springs, so maybe Lorenzo and Agnes have some kind of cooperation. I´m wondering if Mia will still train in Norway, I think it will depend on how much involved Agnes will be in Mias coaching, and if Nuriya is still coaching her. But normally I would think the skaters bring their head coach to the big competitions unless the other coach can´t go.

No mention of Magri on any of them. But Saana Lindmann and / or Daniel Aggiano do appear on more than one.

I you want to check to see if you can find any connections, here are the links to the ISU Bios for the skaters I was talking about.

Ysaline HIBON: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00102269.htm
Rebecca TOFT: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00107636.htm
Dita GILTAIRE: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00103141.htm
Julie STRAUS CASINI: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00116532.htm

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
No mention of Magri on any of them. But Saana Lindmann and / or Daniel Aggiano do appear on more than one.

I you want to check to see if you can find any connections, here are the links to the ISU Bios for the skaters I was talking about.

Ysaline HIBON: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00102269.htm
Rebecca TOFT: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00107636.htm
Dita GILTAIRE: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00103141.htm
Julie STRAUS CASINI: https://results.isu.org/bios/isufs00116532.htm

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you, the first two have Agnes listed as former coach, the last two have not updated the programs for this season. I did indeed find her IG account, and you are right, she was/is coaching in Luxembourg. She posted a photo from September 2022 with Daniel Aggiago who seems to be her boyfriend?, they are both wearing Luxembourg team jackets on the picture. Agnes hasn´t been sharing many photos, so it´s hard to know if she is still coaching in Luxembourg. Apparently Daniel is coaching at IceLab in Italy now according to his IG, so that makes me wonder if Agnes did move to Italy as well or stayed back or go somewhere else. But there is no doubt she seems to somehow be connected to Europe now. Maybe there is no connection at all to the camp in Colorado Springs.

We will probably get some information during Euros about Mia and Agnes coaching situation.

Country
Norway
It seems Mia Risa Gomez got a new coach and it´s former single skater Agnes Zawadski from the US? She is listed as Mia coach going to Euros.

Source: https://www.skoyteforbundet.no/nyheter/uttak-em-kunstlop/

Did Agnes do coaching before? She is very young, born in 94. I could not find any information on Wikipedia saying she is coaching now. Would say this is very exciting.

Apparently Agnes is/was living in Colorado Springs and Mia was training with team US at camp there this spring. So it seems likely they made some kind of connection there.
The site is now removed i´m wondering if there is wrong information or if they published it too soon.

Edit: All though they removed the page, they added a new one about the competitions after Christmas. Agnes is listed as Mias coach for Challenge Cup also. With this new information that Agnes is going with her to further competitions, I think it´s safe to assume that Agnes is in fact Mias new head coach.

https://www.skoyteforbundet.no/kunstlop/nyheter/2023/uttak-isu-stevner-var-2024/

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Former U.S. pairs skater, Tarah Kayne, is now coaching at the Toronto Lakeshore Skating School, as announced by the school on their Instagram. Apparently, Canadian coach, Andrew Evans, is also based there.

U.S. pairs skaters, Danny Neudecker & Grace Hanns have switched their coaching team back to Dalilah Sappenfield at Monument, CO. Both Danny & Grace were previously coached by Sappenfield for many years, with other partners, before being coached by Drew Meekins & Natalia Mishkutionok at World Arena. Danny O'Shea who is paired with Ellie Kam, is also on the pairs coaching staff at World Arena, in Colorado Springs.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The site is now removed i´m wondering if there is wrong information or if they published it too soon.

Edit: All though they removed the page, they added a new one about the competitions after Christmas. Agnes is listed as Mias coach for Challenge Cup also. With this new information that Agnes is going with her to further competitions, I think it´s safe to assume that Agnes is in fact Mias new head coach.

https://www.skoyteforbundet.no/kunstlop/nyheter/2023/uttak-isu-stevner-var-2024/
Agnes is nearly 30 and has coaching experience. She trained with Tom Z in Colorado Springs before retiring.

Country
Norway
Agnes is nearly 30 and has coaching experience. She trained with Tom Z in Colorado Springs before retiring.
I guess she is not young anymore in figure skating terms, it just feels not that long ago since she competed with Gracie Gold who still is not retired. Well I know, Gracie is more the exception, it puts it more in perspective for how long Gracie really has been competing :eek2:

Anyways, I found an article in a Norwegian newspaper confirming that Agnes is now coaching both Mia and her little sister Ella at their rink, so it seems she moved to Norway to coach them, or she is going back and forth between training locations. After a look into social media, Agnes was coaching with Daniel Aggiano in Luxembourg last season. Daniel seems to be coaching at YGA now. Agnes might be connected to YGA as well, she was present in a photo at a training camp at YGA last easter.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Former U.S. pairs skater, Tarah Kayne, is now coaching at the Toronto Lakeshore Skating School, as announced by the school on their Instagram. Apparently, Canadian coach, Andrew Evans, is also based there.

U.S. pairs skaters, Danny Neudecker & Grace Hanns have switched their coaching team back to Dalilah Sappenfield at Monument, CO. Both Danny & Grace were previously coached by Sappenfield for many years, with other partners, before being coached by Drew Meekins & Natalia Mishkutionok at World Arena. Danny O'Shea who is paired with Ellie Kam, is also on the pairs coaching staff at World Arena, in Colorado Springs.

Do you have a link for the Neudecker and Hanns announcement?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Do you have a link for the Neudecker and Hanns announcement?
No, I checked their Instagrams and there is no official announcement. It is a rumor at this point, but someone knows as H/N would no longer be at World Arena. They would have switched to the Monument rink. I guess we will find out at some point, officially.

H/N had problems at Pairs Final, and did not make U.S. Nationals eligibility. If they are eager to continue, perhaps returning to their former coach is a last ditch effort.

Sarahle

Spectator
I guess she is not young anymore in figure skating terms, it just feels not that long ago since she competed with Gracie Gold who still is not retired. Well I know, Gracie is more the exception, it puts it more in perspective for how long Gracie really has been competing :eek2:

Anyways, I found an article in a Norwegian newspaper confirming that Agnes is now coaching both Mia and her little sister Ella at their rink, so it seems she moved to Norway to coach them, or she is going back and forth between training locations. After a look into social media, Agnes was coaching with Daniel Aggiano in Luxembourg last season. Daniel seems to be coaching at YGA now. Agnes might be connected to YGA as well, she was present in a photo at a training camp at YGA last easter.

Hello,
Just starting following your conversation about Agnes and Daniel Aggiano.
I can confirm he is now coaching at Icelab, Bergamo.

I have one question: I saw in some comments that they were in Luxembourg and that now for some skaters in Luxembourg it is Saana Lindmann.

Do you know who she is ? I don't know her.

skaterpups

Rinkside
No, I checked their Instagrams and there is no official announcement. It is a rumor at this point, but someone knows as H/N would no longer be at World Arena. They would have switched to the Monument rink. I guess we will find out at some point, officially.

H/N had problems at Pairs Final, and did not make U.S. Nationals eligibility. If they are eager to continue, perhaps returning to their former coach is a last ditch effort.
She also teaches at the Monument rink under Dalilahs team since this summer (seen from her instagram) so makes sense.

Country
Norway
Hello,
Just starting following your conversation about Agnes and Daniel Aggiano.
I can confirm he is now coaching at Icelab, Bergamo.

I have one question: I saw in some comments that they were in Luxembourg and that now for some skaters in Luxembourg it is Saana Lindmann.

Do you know who she is ? I don't know her.
Hi, i´m sorry I didn´t see your post before.

I´m not familiar with Saana Lindmann. In fact I can only think about one skater from Luxembourg but I can´t even remember her name. Something with Hiibon.

It seems Agnes for the moment is coaching with Mia in Norway. She posted a story yesterday about the view from her window which was a snowy Stavanger.

I´m not sure but I think maybe the contracts for both Agnes and Daniel ended in Luxembourg and that they are now coaching in different locations.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have no idea who Saana Lindman is, but the name sounded so Finnish, so I went to see if I find her from instagram and I did. I was right, she has some photos from Finland there. Swedish type names are common in Finland and Saana is a Finnish name. And looking more forward I found this article in Finnish

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just working on my predictions, and spotted a country switch that isn't in either this season's thread or last season's.

Men's Singles skater Daniel Samohin has switched from Israel to America.

Is he crazy?! He was one of the Top 2 skaters in Israel, and getting regular international assignments, including to the Majors. Now that he is skating for America, he's going to be a mid-field skater that doesn't get considered for international assignments. Or, if he does, it will be to smaller events.

Bad move. Very bad move.

CaroLiza_fan

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Just working on my predictions, and spotted a country switch that isn't in either this season's thread or last season's.

Is he crazy?! He was one of the Top 2 skaters in Israel, and getting regular international assignments, including to the Majors. Now that he is skating for America, he's going to be a mid-field skater that doesn't get considered for international assignments. Or, if he does, it will be to smaller events.

Bad move. Very bad move.

CaroLiza_fan
Maybe something happened with him and the federation.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Maybe something happened with him and the federation.

Yeah, that is a possibility.

He is skating at the Skating Club of Boston. I wish him well.

Is he still being coached by his Dad? Or is he being coached by one of the established coaches in Boston?

You know, I'm starting to wonder if that could be the reason. After a few years of not achieving the scores that he had been, did Daniel decide that he wanted a coach that could take him to a higher level than his Dad could? And the Israeli Fed didn't want to pay for what would be a more expensive coach. So, he switched to representing the country he grew up in, because they were willing to give more support to him.

Sounds plausible to me.

Still think it's a crazy move, though.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Bad move. Very bad move.

CaroLiza_fan
I believe Daniel Samohin moved to the USA at a very young age with his family and always had the option of skating for different countries.
I see this as a Corey Circelli move. Probably not with Olympics at aim but more for personal reasons and "comfort". Skating for Israel right now may not be that easy (not even talking about politics) logistics (traveling, funding) wise.

I don't think fans are in the right place to judge if a skater is making good or bad decisions for themselves.