Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think Wei is too quick to assume and judge. The message says a recovering Sui will be on ice, and, together with her partner Han, will bring about the climax of the show, accompanying S/Z in Adagio, the Vancouver OGM program, looking back at 30 years of hardships and glories in the development of Chinese figure skating, as a tribute to the dedicated coaches and athletes.

It sounds more like a participation, in part as honorees, in a tribute rather than a full performance.

eta: The "Tweet" is an excerpt from the Amazing On Ice (Celebration On Ice), a celebration of the 30th anniversary of Chinese Figure Skating, looking back at the past progress and forward to the Beijing Olympics, as an important part of the more and more cultural programs on winter sports that Beijing residents can expect in the next few years.

It is fitting for Sui/Han to be a part of this celebration. They are really the most important link between the past and future glories, the greatest hope for China for the Beijing Winter Olympics.

Edited to clarify further: The message says Sui is still in rehabilitation but is confirmed to appear in the show so it seems they waited to see if she had progressed enough to take part.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
That's definitely better if they are just participating instead of performing. Hopefully she won't be skating at all in the show, although "accompanying" S/Z in their performance could mean a variety of things...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's definitely better if they are just participating instead of performing. Hopefully she won't be skating at all in the show, although "accompanying" S/Z in their performance could mean a variety of things...

There is not a word about Sui/Han performing, nor about Shen/Zhao performing for that matter. There is no way S/H can perform with S/Z without training and rehearsing. It is S/Z's program, for a Pair.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah that's true, which is why I was pretty confused about the situation in the first place. I guess we have to wait and see what the show will look like then.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Latest interview by Sina indicates Sui/Han will start the 16/17 season at the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo, meaning they will skip the GP and most likely 4CCs.

Tanka

On the Ice
I can see Sui/Han assigned for the very first Grand Prix event in October. It just cannot be true, can it? It seem too early for them to compete...

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm assuming that they will WD from their grand prix events. It's a shame, because the field at Skate America isn't that deep and they could've had an easy win. However, on a different note, I hope that their possible withdrawl will allow Wang/Wang to get a second GP spot...

Spiral

Final Flight
I can see Sui/Han assigned for the very first Grand Prix event in October. It just cannot be true, can it? It seem too early for them to compete...

I'm also surprised. I thought Duhamel/Radford would go to SA and SC, which would have been convenient for them, as it's closest to their training base, and Sui/Han would do COC and NHK, which would have been most convenient for them and also given Wenjing maximum time to recover. But instead DR have apparently chosen to fly all the way from Canada to Japan for NHK and the very next week presumably to Marseille. It doesn't make sense for either team, as far as I can see. Why didn't the national federations involved negotiate better? :scratch2:

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Latest interview by Sina indicates Sui/Han will start the 16/17 season at the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo, meaning they will skip the GP and most likely 4CCs.

Oh no! Say it isn't so! I was so excited (but shocked) to see them listed for Skate America. Darn. But the most important thing is that Sui is healthy. Awwww. :confused::sad4:

musicfan80

Medalist

s_parks

Record Breaker
Her hair looks cool! It's a fun change - especially in the off season. I really hope they don't rush back too soon and that the Chinese Federation takes that in consideration if they wait until late and are in great form.

The chinese fed should be kissing S/H's feet. For all the the crap ways that the fed has managed/treated the pairs(cough, Y/J, COUGH S/H pre-world medal), S/H have held up chinese pairs skating after people expected(sadly wrong) them[chinese pairs] to really rise after 2015 worlds. that aside, someone who's gone through a surgery as major as sui's should never be pressured to hurry back on ice, but it's especially laughable of the csa to pressure them back to skating; they're absolutely in no position to do so.
(end rant against the crazy fed)

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's been posted in other threads, but here is a link to a program Sui/Han performed at a recent ice show: --> http://v.qq.com/cover/c/cty90oitjactd26.html?vid=z0020zi4s11

What a tear-jerker :sad21: Is this their new competitive program, perhaps? Maybe an exhibition?

I loved watching Han skate by himself, since he is usually overshadowed in my mind when I watch Sui/Han skate together :laugh: And when he brought Sui out at the end and she was wiping away her tears :cry: It's so touching to see pairs that not only skate well together, but support one another on and off the ice.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It's been posted in other threads, but here is a link to a program Sui/Han performed at a recent ice show: --> http://v.qq.com/cover/c/cty90oitjactd26.html?vid=z0020zi4s11

What a tear-jerker :sad21: Is this their new competitive program, perhaps? Maybe an exhibition?

I loved watching Han skate by himself, since he is usually overshadowed in my mind when I watch Sui/Han skate together :laugh: And when he brought Sui out at the end and she was wiping away her tears :cry: It's so touching to see pairs that not only skate well together, but support one another on and off the ice.

reading how they described their programs i think its gonna be their LP , i cant wait to see it cause its already beautiful, emotional and fitting their current situation(just the way they described it, emotional music but not roamantic), i just love Han, he is The Best!!