Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

s_parks

Record Breaker

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Personally, I hope that they skip the GP entirely this season and come back sometime in early 2017

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oh my gosh - it is so good to see her. Selfishly, I'd love to see her at Skate America, but I know that is just WAY too soon. And how can you know when you're REALLY ready! They do some elements that are really grueling, and I would be so afraid she would hurt herself again. Good luck to them both! :clapper:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh - it is so good to see her. Selfishly, I'd love to see her at Skate America, but I know that is just WAY too soon. And how can you know when you're REALLY ready! They do some elements that are really grueling, and I would be so afraid she would hurt herself again. Good luck to them both! :clapper:

I would also love to see them at SA for selfish reasons :laugh: but Sui/Han are "known" for competing while not being completely healed (Worlds 2013 comes to mind), and we all know how that turned out... I hope they're not as reckless this time around and take all the time they need to rest.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, she already snuck out of the hospital more than once before the formal discharge, didn't she?

Don't expect her at SA. She acknowledged a long road ahead in her recovery on her August 12 Weibo message linked above. She was really happy for a few minutes of straight line skating.

Darn - pretty much had figured no SA for them, but was still hoping against hope! This is definitely for the best. Guess we'll have to keep re-watching their amazing SP from Worlds -- and the FS too! Rest well, and no hurrying!

musicfan80

Medalist
Agreed - no hurrying, especially when it come to health. Chinese Nationals are still some time away, and even then - if they have a promising monitoring session - they hopefully would be named to the 4CCs/Worlds team.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just searched for Wenjing's news in Chinese. Back in the last week of June, Hongbo said it was hopeful for her to participate in 2017 Asia Winter Games in Sapporo.

Here she and Cong are included in photos of competitors for Pairs at COC 2016. This is dated 2016-09-08 but I'm not sure if it's valid. Yu/Zhang and Peng/Jin are in the line-up as well.

There were reports in August about her on ice practice, when she started doing 10 - 20 minutes of straight line skating. There are more details but I have no time to translate at the moment.

Videos of Wenjing dancing in 2015.

Their current practice probably does not include throws and jumps, just as when she was recovering from the injury last year.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I was worried about if wenjing would be rushed, but it looks like her recovery and training is going well, as it should. I think SA is a definite no, CoC also seems unlikely but not impossible.