What are you doing Memorial Day? | Golden Skate

What are you doing Memorial Day?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I am going to my granddaughters. The 29th is my great grandson's first birthday and the 30th my daughters. 6/2 is their anniversary. (my daughters). Sure looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend. :bow: :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Um, it will be the first year I don't go camping/fishing down at Deep Creek with my family so I will be a most depressed little girl lol

actually I think my Aunt and I are going to do some sight seeing around the Mat-Su bowl....

Suzy

On the Ice
Putting away my winter clothes (finally) and hopefully a little flower planting.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll probably catch up on a bunch of household tasks that are long overdue, drive up to the old house in Peekskill to check on the contractors, do some shopping and perhaps catch a matinee of DaVinci Code and/or X3.

Also, my friend might take his boat out on Monday depending if he finds the time to get it ready.

Otherwise, most of my friends have plans out of town where it's not possible for me to join in (ie. wedding to attend, not enough room in car for me to tag along, etc.)

Overall, I'm kinda looking forward to having a weekend at my own pace.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Danielle, Garry and Ashlyn are coming in tomorrow and staying through Monday:love: . My sister is hosting a BBQ for the entire family. We will make our rounds to the cemeteries to leave flowers. Do any of you visit the cemetery at Memorial Day?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
now that I'm in Anchorage and we have the National Cem. at Fort Rich like 5 minutes away (and my uncle is buried there) yes... before not so much...

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'll be camping at the beach and meeting my friend's new baby.
Can't wait!
xoxo
Rave

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I will be spending the weekend in the 90 degree Richmond heat at my son's soccer tournament... I know. Y'all are so jealous you could simply die... :laugh: There is no joy in being a soccer mom... none at all... at least during election year we are pandered to...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my mom is a soccer mom in the summer, skating mom in the winter... try that combo lol

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I visit the cemetery a few days before Memorial Day to put flowers on my husband's grave. I skip the Memorial services, tho. Today, I'm watching it pour rain.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
my mom is a soccer mom in the summer, skating mom in the winter... try that combo lol

Your mom is a saint & you better be nice to her... That schedule would absolutely KILL me... And we won't even start talking about the associated costs...