What are your biggest hopes for the new season? | Golden Skate

What are your biggest hopes for the new season?

NanSinger2

On the Ice
I thought this would be an interesting topic. One of my big hopes is that Angela gets back into the mix and competes well.

Thoughts?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ITA about Angela! :)

I also hope that Anabelle and Patrice have an amazing season and win their first Canadian Title...

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
I hope that AP can have another wonderful season. I would love to see her medal at Nationals, and make the Worlds team. A medal at Worlds would be oustanding, but for this seaons, I just hope she will be there!

NanSinger2

On the Ice
TaraFanatic4eva said:
I hope that AP can have another wonderful season. I would love to see her medal at Nationals, and make the Worlds team. A medal at Worlds would be oustanding, but for this seaons, I just hope she will be there!

Me too!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I'd love to see:

(1) ... that the artistic and athletic integrity of figure skating as both an art and a sport are maintained during the implementation of the new judging system.

(2) ... Yags make a comeback.

(3) ... Mok make the podium at Nationals

(4) ... Jahnke get a consistent triple axel if not a quad

(5) ... Joubert add a little flair to his programs - and consistency.

(6) ... now this is probably getting greedy, but I'd love Michelle to build on what she did last year and win National and World gold again - triple/triple or not (although, it'd be fun to see her throwing those like they're easy.)

Panther2000

On the Ice
I would love to see.

For starters: Healther Skaters. Last season was very bad do to injuries to alot of the top skaters. So many missed most of the season.

I think the most I wish for is A very Healthy Alexei to comeback & skate this up coming season. SOrry, but the mens skating was very borning without Alexie & plush pushing each other. Timmy has made improvements. But, is still not anywhere near the total talent of Alexei & plushenko.

For Mihcelle to Skate Again this season ( or whatever she will be skating this season) to comeback like she did this past season. Amazing. I wish her another amazing season.

That the Judging is on the Up & Up.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I would like it if we had a pairs team that can compete with the rest of the world.
Daniel and Little Lulu

Bynx

On the Ice
My Wishes:

1.)Michelle goes back to her obscure music choices and keeps them despite critics and judges.

2.)B/A win nationals and place atleast top 5 at worlds.

3.)AP makes the world team.

4.)Weir keeps his head together and wins nationals and gets a medal at worlds. He's so much more interesting than Goebel.

5.)Joubert follows up last season with an even better season, culminating in taking the world title.

6.)Lambiel gets a medal at Europeans and has a top 6 finish at worlds.

7.)Nari Nam makes it back to nationals and has a very respectable showing.

8.)Cohen is able to keep her head together for atleast one entire competition.

9.)S/Z have another blowout season!

paralegalmkfan

Rinkside
My hopes for this season:

1. MK wins another national and world title.

2. APM and Angela make the nationals podium and worlds team.

3. If APM and/or Angela don't make the nationals podium, then someone like Amber and Mok making the podium.

4. For a healthy season for all the skaters.

5. To see Alexi Yagudin back on the ice. :D :D :D

Lynn226

On the Ice
My hopes for the new season:

1. Angela Nikodinov has a successful season and earns a berth on the world team.

2. Sasha Cohen wins a medal at worlds.

3. Emanuel Sandhu wins his 3rd Canadian title and finishes in the top 6 at Worlds.

Antilles

Medalist
I'd like to see Sasha get it together. I'd like even better for Emmanual to get it together, and have three amazing performances at Worlds and prove to everyone what he can do.

I want Buttle to prefect his quad and triple axel.

I want to see Shen and Zhao shine again, so everyone who ever complained about their artistry will have to eat crow. :)

I woul like to see D&S win Worlds, and see B&A on the podium (I realize these are probably long shots). I also want to see L&T back.

I want to see Alexei come back. I would be very interested to see his programs. With the split between Tarasova and Morozov, both Alexei's and Sasha's programs could look very different. I'm hoping they'll still be as good.

Finally, since Elvis says he is coming back, I hope he does well and avoids injury.

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
-I would dearly love to see Angela do really really well and medal at an nationals, preferably higher than bronze.

-I hope NNN makes a great comeback.

-If Sarah doesn't go to nationals, I hope Sasha can control her nerves and come home with a gold medal.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That Tim continues to improve his presentation.

That Yebin makes the podium in at least one of her GP events.

That Ryan Jahnke makes the podium again at nationals.

That Angela recovers fully and skates an entire gorgeous LP without falling or doubling any triples in at least one competition.

That Stephane Lambiel medals at Euros.

That Jenny Kirk and Andreev make a successful conversion to
pairs and skate for the US

That L&T don't retire and have the season of their lives

That Elvis lands his quad in competition at least one more time.

That Alexei recovers well and skates great.

That Klimkin makes the podium at Russian nationals so that we get to see him at Worlds.

That Klimkin skates all his programs perfectly this year.

That van der Perren gets a consistent quad

That the new judging system is slapped into shape and that
it works so that most people watching the GP competitions
agree with the results

That Wing and Lowe win Canadians

That Inoue and Baldwin land their SBS triple lutzes this year
in competition.

(Well enough of wishes that won't come true!)

What I wish most is for every skater to have the skate of their lives at some competition this year, and for none of them to
have major injuries.

dpp

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I would like to see the following people have the year of their lives in skating:

Pleshenko
Kwan
AP
Sasha

I wish:
Speedy recovery to Yagudin
Rudy Galindo to be healthy and skate again
Kristi have a trouble free pregnancy and delivery

mzheng

Record Breaker
I have the same wishes as

Panther2000 said:

For starters: Healther Skaters. Last season was very bad do to injuries to alot of the top skaters. So many missed most of the season.

I think the most I wish for is A very Healthy Alexei to comeback & skate this up coming season. SOrry, but the mens skating was very borning without Alexie & plush pushing each other. Timmy has made improvements. But, is still not anywhere near the total talent of Alexei & plushenko.

For Mihcelle to Skate Again this season ( or whatever she will be skating this season) to comeback like she did this past season. Amazing. I wish her another amazing season.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
My Wishes =)

*Its been mentioned but my BIGGEST wish is for Angela to come back healthy, strong, and kick ice all season long. She is such a gorgeous skater and with being at Nats this season in Atlanta, I would LOVE to see her skate awesome and end up on the podium while I am down there. Go Angela!!! :D

*Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto to win their first Canadian title and continue to shine and improve in their world standings. A worlds medal would just be icing on the cake for me!! :D

*Michelle and Tim to keep improving and keep that fire that they had this past year burning for another one full of awesome skating.

*No more injuries for the skaters this season!!! =0

*That the corrupt people in the ISU get booted and the judging gets reformed by this and not changing everything around and making the judges more hidden than they were and yes, I know this is like the BIGGEST dream in the world but it would be awesome. =D

*For Ryan Jahnke, Matt Savoie, and Jeff Buttle to have kick butt seasons and get those triple axels and quads consistant!! =D

I am sure I have more but this is long enough for now....LOL ;)

shanilia

Rinkside
My hope is that someone else besides Michelle Kwan will win Nationals and Worlds.

Michelle deserves every win she earns, but it would be nice to see someone else have the thrill of victory for once.

Timothy Goebel will burst alive with choreography - then he'll have the complete package.

Angela Nikodinov will have a consistent season.

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Hopefully my remarks aren't too repetetive. Here goes:

I hope:

Sasha pulls it all together and wins this season with some flawless (or at least near-flawless... not bittersweet wins, let's say) programs

Johnny Weir gets it together as well and makes a showing at Worlds

Plush perfects his 4-3-3 and has another dynamo season with some interesting, innovative programs (but do I expect any less? ;))

Alexei makes a strong comeback so again I will be torn between him and Plushy :)

Tim breaks out of the box with his music choices and choreography and brings us some interesting programs I know he's capable of

Carolina Kostner improves her speed and presentation to be a contender at Worlds

Lambiel lands quads

I think I could go on forever but I'll stop there :)