What Figure Skater Should Taylor Swift Date? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What Figure Skater Should Taylor Swift Date?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard to be 100% certain when it comes to ghostwriters, studio writers, etc., but I think that Taylor Swift did write most of the songs that she is credited with, Her few covers and collaborations are openly acknowledged.

She was a songwriter before she was a singer. She signed a song-writing contract with SONY in 2004 (at age 14) and did not begin her performing career until two years later.
So, I picked up a local free rag at a restaurant, for the crossword puzzle. And there were all sorts of soft-news bits and pieces in it. Including one about a course that will be "offered through Stanford University’s English department next year. Every week, students will gather to discuss one of Taylor Swift’s 10 albums, paying special attention to lyricism, storytelling and oblique literary references."

It turns out that up to ten universities have offered courses about Taylor Swift's music, including New York University and Ghent College in Belgium. I just love it when people who automatically turn up their noses at a particular writer's works, because it's "cool" to downplay or otherwise bash someone whose music or other work is popular, get presented with evidence to the contrary. Same thing happened with the Beatles.