What Makes Davis and White So Special? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What Makes Davis and White So Special?

LauraV

On the Ice
I read that website about Voir's "secret love child"--and marriage, if I remember correctly. On the one hand I wanted to laugh, but on the other it was SO delusional that it really is more sad than funny.

;)

I agree - I looked at the site because it's the sort of thing where you can't believe it exists unless you see it with your own eyes. My first reaction was to hope that Scott and Tessa have bodyguards. And restraining orders.

Having said that - it's, well, revealing that the site in question seems to traffic is some of the worst of the D&W do everything wrong theories, and to be the source of some of the dubiously edited and interpreted videos that purport to "prove" that D&W "skate on flats" and generate speed by hopping, etc, etc. Bizarre and sad.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I agree - I looked at the site because it's the sort of thing where you can't believe it exists unless you see it with your own eyes. My first reaction was to hope that Scott and Tessa have bodyguards. And restraining orders.

Having said that - it's, well, revealing that the site in question seems to traffic is some of the worst of the D&W do everything wrong theories, and to be the source of some of the dubiously edited and interpreted videos that purport to "prove" that D&W "skate on flats" and generate speed by hopping, etc, etc. Bizarre and sad.

Fan

Fanatic

Fan

Fanatic

So close, and yet vive la difference!

caitie

Medalist
It used to amuse me because the "evidence" was so silly, i.e. look at this how this speed skater's wife is more excited during her husband's race than Scott's girlfriend is during Mahler, how convincing! But now that Tessa and Scott's behavior has gotten progressively more and more inconsistent with being a couple, not to mention being a couple with a child, they've escalated to the point where they talk about Tessa, Scott, and their families as if they are part of some huge, sociopathic conspiracy that is abusive to a (nonexistent) child, and it's pretty scary.

But what I can tell you is that my dancer neighbor seems to have a knack for seeing all the performances where Elena makes a mistake and gives up! I haven't talked to her since the Olympics so maybe her opinion changed!

This team was crap the whole season, then jumped up at the Olympics and relegated V&M and D&W to last year's news. :) I would very much like to hear a critique of I&K's Olympic performances. :yes:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
It used to amuse me because the "evidence" was so silly, i.e. look at this how this speed skater's wife is more excited during her husband's race than Scott's girlfriend is during Mahler, how convincing! But now that Tessa and Scott's behavior has gotten progressively more and more inconsistent with being a couple, not to mention being a couple with a child, they've escalated to the point where they talk about Tessa, Scott, and their families as if they are part of some huge, sociopathic conspiracy that is abusive to a (nonexistent) child, and it's pretty scary.

uh not just their families but skate canada and the isu are all in on the big conspiracy on keeping their baby secret too

bearing in mind the strongest piece of evidence they have of tessa being pregnant is a picture of her about 5-10 pounds heavier posing for a picture holding a jacket over her stomach

uh not just their families but skate canada and the isu are all in on the big conspiracy on keeping their baby secret too

bearing in mind the strongest piece of evidence they have of tessa being pregnant is a picture of her about 5-10 pounds heavier posing for a picture holding a jacket over her stomach

Hey now! That is some serious evidence there. ;) I think the same thing about women when I see them with jackets draped over their arms hiding their stomachs in public. ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh maybe he wants to keep the relationship private for his own personal reason. He has no obligation to the public to reveal anything.

HOW DARE YOU!

You're just coming right out and saying it, aren't you??? That we fans of the sport have absolutely no business delving into his personal life.

And even worse: You're saying he really doesn't have to let us in on his private affairs unless he wants to.

You've got some nerve. Don't you know that here in America, if anyone has ever been mentioned on the television then we all have a right to know every little thing about you... it's our DUTY to speculate and sniff out the truth that is being hidden from us.

Thank God for real celebrities like the Kardashians, who at least make an effort to keep us informed about their sex lives and diets. I'm especially fond of celebs who tell me what to think on political matters and who to vote for.

noskates

Record Breaker
Tonto - when I first started reading your post I was kind of disgusted. Then when I kept going I realized you were all "tongue in cheek!" Whew!!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I should have used a sarcasm tag. LOL

As you've figured out, I'm not a fan of fans who cross a line regarding privacy.

Mrs. P actually expressed my sentiments perfectly. She's a wise lady.

Edit to add: I'm also not a fan of celebrities with inflated egos who cross a line into my affairs that are none of their business.

Classic example: Barbara Streisand. Love her singing, but I'd like her to shut up otherwise.

keasus

On the Ice
See, it really is just like Hollywood... ;)

keasus, my neighbor is a member of the NYCB. I look after her apartment, bring in the mail, sometimes take care of her cat when she and her boyfriend aren't home or on tour (he's a musician). I'll have to pass along your remarks to her. She's also a skating fan (and for the record, she does not have kind things to say about I/K, but then again she once told me she loves to dance crunk!).

WeakAnkles, Between taking care of your neighbor's cats, mail, etc., coming to the rescue of locked-out tenants, AND you are a skating fan, you sound like a wonderful person. I wish you were my neighbor:thumbsup:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
WeakAnkles, Between taking care of your neighbor's cats, mail, etc., coming to the rescue of locked-out tenants, AND you are a skating fan, you sound like a wonderful person. I wish you were my neighbor:thumbsup:

Awwwwwwww...uhm uh :eek::

Actually, my neighbor rescued me (though I've done the same for other tenants in the past). It's a good building--we look out for each other.

Thank you for such a nice compliment though!

RiceSkate

Rinkside
There was a People magazine article back in 2010 where Charlie and Tanith revealed they were together so its not a secret nor has it been one really.