Wheee.....Snow Day! | Golden Skate

Wheee.....Snow Day!

CassidyL

Rinkside
Yay!! Hasn't stopped snowing for two days. School has been cancelled, trees are all white and the snow is fluffy and light!

Christmas is coming. :love:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Not so fun when you have to spend most of your weekend shoveling the snow (we had a HUGE Nor'easter last weekend). AND the snow days are only fun when you are at school. And the city doesn't do a very good job clearing the snow -- my grandmother lives in the city; she left home to get to the train station 150 yards away (this was 2 days AFTER the snow storm), and get stuck in the snow; she got out, but was all wet. Yesterday I was putting out the trash -- ended up up to my thighs in snow! And what about the snow commute? OUCH! Two weeks ago, we had a little bit of a snow, which quickly turned the roads to black ice. My commute is 30 miles, usually takes me 45 minutes -- TOOK ME 3.5 HOURS!!! NO KIDDING!!!! And now, we are supposed to have two days of rain, which should melt the snow, and then we should have flooding!

Seriously, I love the winter, but could devinitely live with less snow... Or keep the snow on the ski slopes only :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We have had a threat of snow here, but nothing to worry about which is a good thing because most people on the coast don't know how to drive in snow. Would make for an ugly commute! It could still happen though. Have fun playing in the snow.

heyang

Record Breaker
I used to love snow days when I was in school, too. Now, it just means shovelling and bad traffic. IMO, the best snow happens on Friday nights. Nice peaceful Saturday in home with snow drifting down outside and no urgency to rush out for shovelling - got all day Sunday to worry about moving the stuff.

Today's rain got rid of all the snow from last week's Nor'easter. Now, I've just got a huge puddle in my front yard (I live in a flood zone) and had to make u-turns on the way home due to the flooded roads. Fortunately, I remembered to go to the bathroom before leaving work today.