Which areas is Stephane Lambiel underscored in? | Golden Skate

Which areas is Stephane Lambiel underscored in?

Which areas is Lambiel undermarked in?

• jump GOE

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • spin value(grade of difficulty given to spins)

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • spin GOE

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • footwork

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • skating skills

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • transitions

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • performance

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • choreography

• interpretation

• none of the above, he is not undermarked

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Stephane has managed to win two World titles and an Olympic silver despite the fact judges dont like him. He mostly succeeds since others bomb enough, or do easier jumps(no quad), that the judges have no choice but to give him results. What areas do you feel he is underscored in, if any?

Vash01

Medalist
Stephane was not underscored in any category. If he was, he would not be a two time world champ and an Olympic silver medalist.

Vash

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Vash01 said:
Stephane was not underscored in any category. If he was, he would not be a two time world champ and an Olympic silver medalist.

Vash

If you dont think he is underscored, that is fine, but I disagree with this line of reasoning. He has the medals and results he has since the judges most cases had to give them to him since most of his competitors had as many or more mistakes or dont have a quad while he is doing 3. Buttle doesnt even do a quad and misses as many jumps as Stephane does in competition, same with Weir, Lysacek the same plus being weaker in every area of his skating(although the judges overscore him in alot of areas). Joubert has quads too, but always makes more mistakes, same with Sandhu. Takahashi and Oda arent good enough to beat Lambiel right now. If your competitors are making as many or more mistakes as you are, and doing easier jumps there isnt really any choice but to put you ahead of them.

I laugh at the thought of anybody coming up with a single event where the judges could have put him lower than they have in the last 2 yeras.

evenstar

Final Flight
Yes, but have Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, and many others beaten Stephane Lambiel in the past year or two??

I don't really think Lambiel is underscored.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
evenstar said:
Yes, but have Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, and many others beaten Stephane Lambiel in the past year or two??

I don't really think Lambiel is underscored.

No, AND they certainly HAVE NOT deserved to at any point in time, so that would prove nothing. Always beating skaters who in no way have deserved to beat you at any event would not be proof of not being underscored.