Which retired(ing) skaters will you miss? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which retired(ing) skaters will you miss?

Alchamei

Record Breaker
From those who were not mentioned, Lubov and Dylan. Such a shame they didn't get their chance at the Olympics.

I'm also wondering if and when we'll see Yuzuru again. I know he doesn't want to retire yet, but with his injuries and him probably having no plans for the future yet I wonder when we'll actually see him skate again. I'll certainly miss him if he has a break or doesn't manage to return.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
From those who were not mentioned, Lubov and Dylan. Such a shame they didn't get their chance at the Olympics.

I'm also wondering if and when we'll see Yuzuru again. I know he doesn't want to retire yet, but with his injuries and him probably having no plans for the future yet I wonder when we'll actually see him skate again. I'll certainly miss him if he has a break or doesn't manage to return.
Yuzuru already said that wc is uncertain due to injury but he is not going anywhere, he said he still has unfinished business and going for 4A, His manager shirota today confirmed that 4A is coming once he heals. In an interview he said he is very excited of this new era of mens skating and still wants to dominate in this new era.

I will miss Misha, V/M, Patrick, javier

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
yet I wonder when we'll actually see him skate again.

Next season.

____

I am going to miss Javier. He's moving back to Spain and so though he said he might try for another Euros, I do think this is basically it. It's been a blast and I hope he has a great retirement, as well as everyone else!

tzazu

Medalist
Javi, Misha, V/M, Patrick, Duhamel/Radford, Luvob&Dylan, Bobrova/Soloviev (if she decides retires this year), Capellini/Lanotte?, Elladj Baldé, and it will be more that I don't remember now:sad21:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan without any doubt. I've loved watching him for 10 years and I will miss seeing him throughout the season. I know that he will be coaching and could do some shows but, it's very hard to get out to those shows and they aren't televised like they used to be.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Misha is retiring?

Yep, he already wanted to retire last season but pushed himself for the Olympics. He already had to refuse so many wishes for choreography and shows that it's admirable he maganed to prepare himself so well. His skating aura will be certainly missed!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yep, he already wanted to retire last season but pushed himself for the Olympics. He already had to refuse so many wishes for choreography and shows that it's admirable he maganed to prepare himself so well. His skating aura will be certainly missed!

Oh, I didn´t knew. Good for him, maybe he will get a career like Jeffrey Buttle´s. After see him in gala I was hoping he will go to ISU, he seems savvy in marketing and social media.

I´m gonna miss his interaction with other skaters in competition. He seemed specially close to Yuzuru, Evgenia and Boyang.

Enero

On the Ice
Javi 😢

James/Morgan will likely be hanging up their skates too. I will miss them.

Are the Shibutanis sticking around? If not, I will miss them too.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Javi 😢

James/Morgan will likely be hanging up their skates too. I will miss them.

Are the Shibutanis sticking around? If not, I will miss them too.

I don't know about the Shibs. After finishing as the top US team in Korea, I think they'll be sticking around for a couple more seasons. They may not stay around until 2022 but, I don't think they'll retire.

mrrice

Record Breaker
All of them. It's the end of an era, isn't it? :(

For the US Ladies. I won't mind this Era coming to an end. Ashley's lone silver medal in 2016 is the only bright spot in what has been a less than stellar decade for our women. Our Novice ladies are doing well and I hope they're getting the message that back loading is the key to success.

Suzzie

Rinkside
Patrick Chan, no doubt. I already miss him. it was hard to watch competitions without him. i know he will do shows, but competitions are another world.
and Tessa and Scott, if they will retire. i've read they would tell about the future this summer

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
This season's retirements?

Alexandra Proklova I am the most sad about even though it was known for a long time. If Tuktamysheva retires I'll be pretty sad also. And Anna Pogorilaya in the case her back injury is too bad for her to be able to continue(How it appears to be, unfortunately).

Nooo! I thought Anna P. had so much potential for greatness :(

Our Novice ladies are doing well and I hope they're getting the message that back loading is the key to success.

Oh, I hope not. That was last week's news. The future is triple Axels and quads. I hope the U.S ladies don't get caught lagging behind again. ;)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think anyone mentioned Michal Brezina, but I'll miss him too (I think he's retiring after Worlds), aside from some skaters already mentioned. I wish he'd been able to get a world medal since he was 4th twice, but at least he got a European medal.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
@ blue idealist, I think I've read he wants to compete for 1-2 more seasons.

I'm going to miss Javier the most. His style is unique. I'm using the present tense, as I still hope we get to see him somewhere one last time, even if it's not this Worlds. But I'd like for it to be this Worlds. Ending both the season and his competitive career on the world stage, just before he leaves TCC, would just feel so right. :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
All of them. It's the end of an era, isn't it? :(

I feel like that too. It could be a massive change across the board. Javi, D/R, Bobrova/Soloviev, WeaPos. I cannot imagine Yuzu hanging on for much longer? Why would he? It'll feel very strange...:(

If Stolbova/Klimov retire, I'd be heartbroken...but also understanding. Ksenia is injured for now, but you never know with them. Only when it actually happens.