Which skates should I get as a first pair? | Golden Skate

Which skates should I get as a first pair?

Melissa_O

Spectator
I want to start figure skating and my city has an ice rink only during the winter and it also doesn't have a shop where I can buy skates from.I've skated before since I was like 8 but not figure skating. I can skate forward and backwards ,do forward and backwards swizzles and also do a two foot spin. Now I want to actually do this sport and buy my first pair of skates,but I have to buy them online. Also I'm almost 16 and I weight 45 kg. Should I buy Jackson Artiste ,Edea Overture or maybe other skates?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi and welcome. Where are you from in the world? I or someone here should be able to tell you where you can get properly fit.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
In order to help you, we need more info on your foot. Arches: non-existent, low, medium/normal, high, very high? Is your foot wide, not wide, wide in toebox and more narrow towards heel?
Also what is the shape of your foot?
Health_web_005_2.jpg

Melissa_O

Spectator
In order to help you, we need more info on your foot. Arches: non-existent, low, medium/normal, high, very high? Is your foot wide, not wide, wide in toebox and more narrow towards heel?
Also what is the shape of your foot?
Health_web_005_2.jpg
I think I have an wide foot ,normal arched and greekshaped but I'm short and skinny so I don't know how wide it is compared to an adult

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think I have an wide foot ,normal arched and greekshaped but I'm short and skinny so I don't know how wide it is compared to an adult
Ok. Look into a few brands: Graf, Jackson, and Risport. The closest in person fitters to you (IIRC) are going to be in Budapest, Hungary.
Graf Ruby Victory, Risport Electra, Jackson Freestyle.

Good luck!