Who wins with the following pairs of people skating cleanly | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who wins with the following pairs of people skating cleanly

If these skaters both skate cleanly who wins?

• Total voters

krenseby

Final Flight
Guessing Midori Ito's FS jump layout under COP

3Lz+2T
3A
3F
3Lo*
3S+2T*
3T+3T*
2A*
Base value = 44.1

Midori doesn't have 3/3 with 3 loop.
She could do if she tried, but I don't know for sure.
Mao has jump layout of 51.5 points.
Mao's jumps win over Midori's.

Well Midori was amazing as a jumper for the point in time in which she competed and I bet she would have mastered some new jumps as well. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ouch, I clicked one wrong button... Anyway, these are my choices:

Lambiel over Weir - of course Lambiel
Shen & Zhao over Totmianina & Marinin - the first pair has more charisma and better choreography, IMO, and they would be equal in TCS and better in PCS
Shen & Zhao over Zhang & Zhang - a clear win
Arakawa over Slutskaya - Arakawa definetely
Cohen over Asada - this one would be very close, but Sasha would win because of PCS

Last edited:

evenstar

Final Flight
Shen and Zhou can beat any current pair team right now because of their superior artistry, solid technique, and huge throws and twists. They could beat most, if not all of the pair teams in the past. I voted for them automatically.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
For fun I looked at some of the votes and what amazed me more then anything was 5 of the 6 people who voted for the Zhangs to beat Shen/Zhou with both skating cleanly, did not vote for Totmianina/Marinin to beat Shen/Zhou with both skating cleanly.

Why I find this interesting is that to me that would seem an impossible combination, since last year it was proven multiple times the Zhangs even skating flawlessly cant beat Totmianina/Marinin with even a decent outing.

axelheart

Match Penalty
Pair is the only discipline that the virtual 6.0 system still rules.
The Chinese federation simply doesn't want their "youngsters" to be on top of the "veterans". I don't think S/Z are particularly superior to Z/Z. It's a matter of politics and seniority.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Must concede I am a bit amazed Cohen is that close to Asada in the votes. In fact until just recently I think Cohen was in front until Asada jumped in front just the last few days.

kittycat26

Match Penalty
Guessing Midori Ito's FS jump layout under COP

3Lz+2T
3A
3F
3Lo*
3S+2T*
3T+3T*
2A*
Base value = 44.1

Midori doesn't have 3/3 with 3 loop.
She could do if she tried, but I don't know for sure.
Mao has jump layout of 51.5 points.
Mao's jumps win over Midori's.

Midori would gain advantage over Mao and all other women singles skaters in the GOE scores however. Alot of her jumps would get +3s from some of the judges in GOE.