Who would you skate with? | Golden Skate

Who would you skate with?

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
Even though I couldn't skate to save my life, I thought it would be cool to see who everyone would like to skate with as a pairs or ice-dance partner if they were a skater, or if they are a skater already, get me?

If I were a pairs skater I would love to skate with David Pelletier, he makes everything look so effortless and he is so strong and kind-hearted, not to mention he is nice to look at.

If I were an ice-dancer I would love to skate with Emanuel Sandhu, of course he is a singles skater but if he did make the turn to ice-dancing he could he the best in the world, man he could probably dance better than most ice-dancers.

Honorable Mentions;

Maxim Shabalin
Peter Tchernyshev
Olivier Schoenfelder
Mariusz Suidek (sp?)
Hao Zhang
Maxim Marinin

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
Pair skater or Ice dance...Johnny Weir. Even though he is a clockwise jumper. But I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuv his skating and he makes everything look so easy and beautiful. :agree:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I second the vote for Hongbo Shao for pairs.

I'd pick Sergei Sakhnovsky for ice dance. He's so expressive. :)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
For ice dance, Ben Agosto.

For pairs, Anton Sikharulidze. I need a taller one in pairs, 'cuz I'm 5'9 to 5'10 . I'd pick Anton, anyways :love:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I need "Real Russian Strong Man" like Artur Dmitriev! :love:

Alternately, if I could teach a hockey man to figure skate, I'd skate with that hunk of a rookie, Alex Ovechkin, from the Washington Capitals. That babe can move 100 mph with elegant deep edges &, I bet, could toss even me halfway down the rink. :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I would love to dance with Denis Petukhov. He has such fabulous edging and knows how to show off his partner. And he's hot, too ;)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Johhny Zimmerman:love: :love: :love:

Sergei Sakhnovsky presents Galit in such a beautiful way it would be great to skate with him (IF I cold skate, LOL). Artur Dmitriev would also be an honor and since this is just "what if" the late Segeii Grinkov.

soogar

Record Breaker
I would skate with Klimkin or the Murve (or both).
I would love to skate with Emily as well.

Jhar55

Medalist
Well, I can't skate either expect forwards and backwards. I'd have to pick Lloyd Eisler. :)

IDLERACER

Medalist
I was once actually in a situation where I could have asked Tai Babilonia to skate with me. It was at a public rink, she was practicing figures in the middle, when the voice came over the loudspeaker "Next skate will be for couples only." I didn't have the nerve to actually approach her and ask her to skate, and with hindsight, that was a good thing. I would've probably made a complete fool of myself.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Pairs: I really dont' know, but he'd have to be pretty strong if we were doing overhead lifts (I weigh 135) and if we didn't want to look silly, a clockwise spinner/jumper as I'm pretty much irreparably a lefty in that respect.

Though I don't know which way he spun, Sergei Grinkov, though. Lloyd Eisler looks like he'd be fun to skate with, too.

Ice Dance: CHRISTOPHER DEAN. I mean, I'd make a FOOL of myself, and it would probably be nitpicking hell but I'd still do it. (And beg him to teach me their '94 original dance rhumba. Not that I'm capable of it yet, but we're fantasizing, right?) Alexander Zhulin also springs to mind.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Definately Sergei Sakhnovsky, Maxim Staviyski, Maxim Marinin, Alexei Tikhonov, Partice Lauzon, Ruslan Goncharov and Roman Kostomarov

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
You wanna know who I would really love to skate with- Andrrrrrrrei Maksimishin, from Russia, I wouldn't be payinh much attention to the skating I would be looking at him since he is so hot and makes even Brian Joubert look ugly.