Who would you skate with? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who would you skate with?

tdnuva

On the Ice
Ok - I have to forget how tall I am AND how much I weigh (and of course that I can't skate)... ;)

Then - David Pelletier in pairs, or Alexei Tikhonov or Robin Szolkowy ;)

And in dance... Christopher Dean... even though I suppose we would have TONS of discussions cause I am definitely not as placid as Jayne Torvill... :laugh:

Linny

Final Flight
You're missing it

You guys are going for appeal (hard to beat John Zimmerman for appeal) and not for safety... best guy around for absolute safety and he's got a certain appeal, too, is Hao Zhang. He's a real mountain of a man but has a certain Teddy Bear kinda of demeanor.

Linny

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Isn't Debi Thomas an Orthopedic surgeon now? Tenley Albright is a surgeon also. I wouldn't necessarily skate with them, but it would be wise to have them nearby!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Pairs: Definitely David Pelletier or Mark Ladwig, not only for the fact that I think they are awesome skaters and awesome people but for the fact that they are both have a great sense of humor and I like to laugh. :agree:

Dance: Ben Agosto or Denis Petuhkov :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning - his SOI programs with Tara rocked

David Pelletier - Jamie is way too lucky!

Gorsha Sur - He does in ice dance what Dave does in pairs... he makes it look so effortless, and he's intense, but he seems like a really great guy and someone who I would work with

and Steven Cousins - because he's hot lol

but I can't skate so *shrugs*:no:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
Pairs: Definitely David Pelletier or Mark Ladwig, not only for the fact that I think they are awesome skaters and awesome people but for the fact that they are both have a great sense of humor and I like to laugh. :agree:

Dance: Ben Agosto or Denis Petuhkov :yes:
ooo yes Denis would be another great ice dance choice :yes: Such a sweet guy! :love:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Linny said:
You guys are going for appeal (hard to beat John Zimmerman for appeal) and not for safety... best guy around for absolute safety and he's got a certain appeal, too, is Hao Zhang. He's a real mountain of a man but has a certain Teddy Bear kinda of demeanor.

Linny

See, I'm going for (in dance, anyway) "Guy most likely to beat some technical and artistic improvements into me." I would pay to skate with Dean or Zhulin just for the experience, but what I'd really want is a lesson.

On pairs, my criteria would be "big enough to lift me, strong enough not to drop me, and a clockwise spinner because I'll kill myself trying to learn to spin anti-clockwise." At my height/weight, that rules out a lot of guys!

LarasB

Rinkside
For Pairs it would be Anton Sikharulidze and for Ice Dance it would be Gwendal Peizerat.

Lanie

On the Ice
Pairs... probably Anton S. or John Zimmerman. :) I'm going with what most people are saying, I guess!

Dance... I'd have to ask Sinead Kerr very nicely, "Can I borrow your brother? pleeease?". :D

screech

Final Flight
DANCE
For a person not actually in the discipline, I'd chose Jeff Buttle. He has such ease of movement across the ice - such effortless flow. His edges are stellar, and he has amazing lilt and can utilize his whole body effortlessly. His knee bend is excellent, and he can interpret any piece of music and express it so well.

For an actual dancer, Gwendal Peizerat, but he better not expect me to lift him (though I'd try, but would look like a constpiated duck on crack while attempting to do so)

PAIRS
For a non-pairs skater, Brian Joubert. He seems to have a strong upper body and would be able to lift me effortlessly, yet he also has the technical aspect of it. Plus, people often become romantically involved with their pairs partners (and dance, another reason for Gwendal and Jeff)

For an actual pairs skater, Sergei Grinkov. Watching videos of him (cause I was a wee one back in his and Katia's competitive days) there was never any anxiety or worries watching him. I felt safe watching him and knew he wouldn't catch his blade on a lift, or anything like that - best pairs skater ever IMO.

SkatingFan94

Rinkside
Sergei Grinkov for pairs, there was/is no one better.

For dance, maybe Gorsha Sur but I think I'm too small to be an ice dancer. I also like Sergei Ponomarinko.

Linny

Final Flight
Chait Sakhnovski's program

The poster almost sounds like the male partner in this pair uses the first name of Chait... nope. S/he's thinking Sergei, right? At any rate, your taste leaves me buffled. Sergei may be a nice man but he's pretty scarey looking to my eye. I've always wondered if, seeing him in an airport or somewhere off ice, whether I'd have the nerve to say 'hello' or whether I'd run the other way.
Linny

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I forgot to hyphenate Chait/Sakhnovski. I apologize.

He's cut his hair and he looks great. And he moves like he understands latin dancing.

soogar

Record Breaker
hockeyfan228 said:
I forgot to hyphenate Chait/Sakhnovski. I apologize.

He's cut his hair and he looks great. And he moves like he understands latin dancing.

Sergei S. is an excellent dancer. Chait was really lucky to get him.