Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
True! Everybody loves Boyang Jin!

I would like to hope that either Chock & Bates or Hubbell & Donohue get a medal, but then there would be no room for the Shibs. :(

In spite of my predictions not including him, I would actually LOVE for Boyang Jin to win. Because there's been so much Chen/Fernandez/Chan/Hanyu/Uno hate going around that it would be amazing to see Jin win, and shut down all that negativity.... and also make these anti-fans retrospectively lose their minds and bash their heads at neglecting to campaign against Jin.

For a moment, they might forget their respective vendettas/hate and unite around Boyang. :rock:

#ImajinAllThePeople :biggrin:

nekun

On the Ice
In spite of my predictions not including him, I would actually LOVE for Boyang Jin to win. Because there's been so much Chen/Fernandez/Chan/Hanyu/Uno hate going around that it would be amazing to see Jin win, and shut down all that negativity.... and also make these anti-fans retrospectively lose their minds and bash their heads at neglecting to campaign against Jin.

For a moment, they might forget their respective vendettas/hate and unite around Boyang. :rock:

Don't forget Boyang has the good omen for the Olympic gold, his first senior World bronze medal.
I won't surprised if he win.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Likely: 1. OAR 2. Canada 3. USA
Wishful: 1. Russia 2. Canada 3. USA

anyanka

Record Breaker
Don't forget Boyang has the good omen for the Olympic gold, his first senior World bronze medal.
I won't surprised if he win.

His first two, that is ... ;)

He was fabulous at 4CC, a technically difficult program with improved presentation skills. He may be able to ride that wave into Pyeongchang!

nekun

On the Ice
His first two, that is ... ;)

He was fabulous at 4CC, a technically difficult program with improved presentation skills. He may be able to ride that wave into Pyeongchang!
Yeahh I know, what I truely mean that the last four OGM in men won bronze medal in their first Senior World participant.

Yagudin,Plushenko,Lysacek and Hanyu all won the bronze medal in their senior World Championship debut.

Among the top men right now only Boyang who has it, if you count out Yuzu coz he already had the OGM

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yeahh I know, what I truely mean that the last four OGM in men won bronze medal in their first Senior World participant.

Yagudin,Plushenko,Lysacek and Hanyu all won the bronze medal in their senior World Championship debut.

Among the top men right now only Boyang who has it, if you count out Yuzu coz he already had the OGM
Oh i didn't know that. Interesting.

girl in red

Rinkside
the olys are coming and da da daaaaaa,crazy wishes cant wait to be fullfield,so:

MEN- patrick, boyang, javier would be a perfect podium for me even though i need to say i love all my boys because they work so hard and do unimaginable things.I wish them all the best of luck.If i could i would give a medal to each and every one of them:clap::bow:
LADIES- i am not really interested in this section but let s say....carolina:luv17:, zagitova, medvedeva(alina is super cute and she can take gold as well)
ICE DANCE-gold p/c or v/m i admire both so i cant pick a favorite but for bronze i pray for the shibs! sorry to say this but imo h/d are overrated(their programs are a bit over the top for my taste)
PAIRS-this category,oh my...i wont be able to watch because most certainly i ll have a heart attack. i just want sui and han to take that damn gold:pray:,aliona can take silver and end her career beautifully having won so many medals,and third will be for t/m
Those are my wishes....i cant wait for them to come true but most of all i cant wait for the incredible moments that our favorite skaters will share with us in the upcoming games!BREAK a leg everyone:agree::clapper:

Nika09

On the Ice
Hanyu, P/C, S/H and Zagitova for gold!

And want Javi, Shibs, Vanessa/Morgan, and Satoko to get any medal soo badly!

(now slowly moving to predictions thread for make the real ones, which are gonna be very different).

icybear

Medalist
All I know is that someone is going to controversially take gold because of politics or judging etc. I'm 99% sure it'll happen one way or another. Mark my words. And I don't mean fans bickering because their favourites didn't win but actual unfair judging.

Roo87

Medalist
Ladies:

Pairs:
- Hoped: 1 Sui/Han, 2 Savchenko/Massot, 3 Duhamel/Radford ( impossible )
- Feared: 1 Savchenko/Massot, 2 Sui/Han, 3 Tarasova/Morosov

If S/M win the gold i’m happy for them anyway, but if i need to make a choice i like more Sui/Han’s programs. Third place seem predictable, it’s a russian medal.

Good luck to all :handw:

You actually think it's impossible for D/R to win a medal? If they're clean they most definitely can, especially is they have the quad.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
For Dance I'd be very thrilled if the Shibs could win the gold medal. A little more realistically, I'm torn between V/M and P/C I admire Tessa and Scott but P/C's Moonlight Sonata is my favorite classical piece of music so I'll pick Maia and Alex. :luv17:

For Men I'll choose Nathan, Hanyu and Javi in any order.

Pairs: S/H or S/M. I don't mind either team

Ladies, I haven't decided on the winner I want yet but I'd love Mirai to sneak in for bronze.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Yeah, I always hope for skaters to win so that they might get bashed and hated on too, sure :unsure:

As for my personal wishes:
Men - Yuzu, Boyang, Javi
Ladies - Evgenia, Gabby, Kaori
Pairs - S/M, S/H, J/C
Dance - V/M, C/B, W/P
(I know most of these are... Out there :laugh: )

treeloving

Medalist
1. More than anything else I really truly wish Savchenko will win gold (I want this so basdly that I will skip watching pair, too stressful for me). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2. Cizeron will shake his hip to the podium to receive his ogm. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3. Javi at last gets his OG medal (in any colors)>>>>>>>>>4.Kostner wins ogm like she should have 4 years ago. 5. Zagitova doesn't win.>>>>>>>6. Men with artistic and beautiful jump (Namely Javi and Yuzuru) win (but if Yuzuru doesn't win I don't want him on podium because he will feel sad regardless).

Of course if I have the only wish for anything, it is to see Savchenko as OGM winner.

joanne129

Rinkside
Ladies: zagitova, i really wabt her to win gold because her jumps really deserve it, she is so cute and humble that i will be so happy for her win over med
Pairs: S/H plsssss, want them to take it so badly, sm's pcs are overscored imo and SH's elements and skating are my cup of tea
Dance: PC
Men: the cleanest wins

madison

Record Breaker
Ladies: Medvedeva, although my sentimental favourite is Zagitova, i don't want her to carry the burden of an OGM at only 15, i want her to have reasons to improve herself in the next years. Zagitova and Sotoko on the podium.
Pairs: S/M because I just love their free program. S/H and T/M on the podium
Ice dance: P/C because they have magic, they brought a new style in ice dance. V/M and B/S on the podium
Men: I don't really follow it, but I'd love to see Kolyada with a medal :luv17: because he has quality in everything when he's on.
Team event: OAR because they will have to fight in unusual circumstances and not with their full forces. USA and Italy on the podium. Canada, sorry, but not once the commentators and the athletes proved the lack of fair-play and classiness.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Team event: OAR because they will have to fight in unusual circumstances and not with their full forces. USA and Italy on the podium. Canada, sorry, but not once the commentators and the athletes proved the lack of fair-play and classiness.

It would be awesome if Italy got on the podium [not sure if feasible], they have a great team this season.
When has Canada not played fair though?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Ladies: Medvedeva (G), Miyahara (S) and Zagitova (B)
Men: Yuzuru (G), Nathan (S), Javi (B)
Pairs: Sui/Han (G), Savchenko/Massot (S), Tarasova/Morozov (B)
Dance: P/C (G), Virtue/Moir (S), Shibs (B)

madison

Record Breaker
It would be awesome if Italy got on the podium [not sure if feasible], they have a great team this season.
When has Canada not played fair though?

I was referring to some comments made during this season. One of the commentator compared the Russian ladies, Medvedeva and Zagitova, with mice, other said that during the first part of the Zagitova's program the public can go to the bathroom, other with the famous It's Russia (referring to the scores at the Rostelecom) and so on. I think these comments are over the top:slink:

ChanClan

On the Ice
I was referring to some comments made during this season. One of the commentator compared the Russian ladies, Medvedeva and Zagitova, with mice, other said that during the first part of the Zagitova's program the public can go to the bathroom, other with the famous It's Russia (referring to the scores at the Rostelecom) and so on. I think these comments are over the top:slink:

so Canada shouldn't medal because their commentators are not classy?