Who's Going ??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's Going ???

brenlynn

On the Ice
anyone making signs, bringing stuffed animals... things to that effect?

im brainstorming up ideas for signs for orscher and lucash, belbin and agosto, and jenny kirk. making signs is such a painstaking task, i am a perfectionists!!

i am going stuffed animal shopping this weekend and i am going to find the most ridiculously HUGE stuffed animals for my favorites in each discipline (the ones mentioned about signs and ryan bradley) i just love the look on skaters faces when this HUGE stuffed animal comes raining down on the ice!!

brenlynn

On the Ice
i believe the sheraton is the official hotel and it's connected to the arena. i wanted to stay there but there were no rooms for the week. it's a really nice hotel, i stay there when i come to hamilton for csoi and kurt's gotta skate. you'll really like it there! i'm sure i'll spend a lot of time in the lobby skater-watching when i'm not at the arena!!

VGL

Rinkside
cygnus said:
Yup- I'm getting there Tuesday afternoon- will probably attend a practise that day, and Wed Am (but I may walk over to Dundurn Castle Wed morning- I've always wanted to see it, and it may be the best day to sightsee). Weather permitting, of course.

Dundurn Castle is a great place. However, it's a bit of a walk from Copps.

cygnus

Rinkside
VGL said:
Dundurn Castle is a great place. However, it's a bit of a walk from Copps.

According to my trusty map and ruler, it's a little less than 2 kms- that less than half an hour walking. Like I said- weather permitting...

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Hey Blade1... Antilles is the friend who is going with me :) can't wait to meet ya!! Oh, and you too VGL!

Antilles...we are staying at Howard Johnson's ;)

cygnus...I have stayed at the Admiral Inn before (I assume that is where you are staying) it's a bit of a hike, on a nice day...not really but the weather we have been having it may seem like eternity :laugh:

brenlynn...I will likely take a couple stuffed animals for Jeff, that is about it.
:love:

Blade1

On the Ice
The Sheriton is a lovely place. Stayed there for 2002 Canadians, and the girls I was rooming with , we had a blast. And I agree, sitting in the lovely loby watching the people go by is fun. During 2002 Canadians I was in the elevator with Debbi Wilkes, such a lovely lady, chatted up with her during the flight down to the lobby.

Its pricey I'll give you that, but very convient. And if the tunnel is open, you don't even have to walk outside to get to the arena