Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Re: Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

Looks like Yuna and Shen/Zhao will easily make the semi-final. The final four will likely be:

Yuna v. G&G

Shen/Zhao v. Yagudin (Torvill/Dean v. Yagudin will be a close match!)

The final will be Yuna v. Yagudin. The best female v. the best male. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Where do we see the vote totals? How much did Kwan to to Gordeeva/Grinkov by?

miki88

Medalist

The polling is ridiculous because people can vote in more than one poll at the same time. Therefore, some people who vote for a certain skater will then vote against their greatest competitors to ensure their skater will have a easier route in the next round. :rolleye:

Where do we see the vote totals? How much did Kwan to to Gordeeva/Grinkov by?

I think you have to be on Facebook to see further information on the USFS Facebook page. They are discussing this over on the MK forum, and one person reports that at the time Gordeeva and Grinkov were ahead by nine votes.

Also there were complaints that the polls were not working for a time and a lot of people tried to vote but couldn't. Also, one person noted that "every time Michelle got close there was a flood of G&G votes to put them in the lead again."

How times change! To think there is someone who can get more votes in a U.S.-based popularity contest than Michelle. :eek: :laugh:

In other MK news, here is a picture, posted on the MK forum by acurina, of Michelle scarf juggling with first lady Michelle Obama. :)

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0aZjefE5Hc3YW?q=Michelle+Obama

seniorita

Record Breaker

Kwan was out? :jaw:I missed this.. yuna will be the winner, I think I ll bet for it, cause in mundial I havent got a single game right :laugh:

every time Michelle got close there was a flood of G&G votes to put them in the lead again
not to take away the originality of this, but I saw the exact same phrase(!) in plushy forum when he was against slutskaya:laugh: Since they allow voting from the same ip, someone can have 100 accounts and vote ....and that is what you should have done mathman to save michelle. :unsure::p

Last edited:

I did! I did!

But those terrible G&G maniac-uberfans ganged up on me!

seniorita

Record Breaker

well you know the rule..if she is not on this bracket she is not a great skater;)

mathematic observation, some polls were being too fanatic and the comments were hilarious below them, in plush-lysacek votes passed 1200 altogether, and michelle's past polls also reached 1000 and yuna's votes pass the 2000 limit and keep going:laugh:, and some quiet skaters have passed the rounds now with just 100 votes. So the secret was elsewhere but I dont know it :cool:

fairly4

Medalist

for some the internet was down in G&G and Michelle brackett, went down on friday couldn't get into vote over the weekend.
pop-up on monday after voting was done. went to look on the vote and couldn't get into all weekend, so if i couldn't i know some others couldn't as well.

interesting, about that.
but it was rigged since the beginning.
only wanted certain skaters to get into it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Why on earth woild the usfsa want to rig their poll so that the outcome meant NO, I repeat, NO usfsa skaters make the final rounds????

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

for some the internet was down in G&G and Michelle brackett, went down on friday couldn't get into vote over the weekend.
pop-up on monday after voting was done. went to look on the vote and couldn't get into all weekend, so if i couldn't i know some others couldn't as well.

snip

Same thing happened to me. I tried to vote for the Kween and I could not.

Same here. I tried to vote for her on Thus. night and nothing happened when I clicked the vote button. I meant to PM Dee for help but I forgot...

Go, Alexei!

MKFSfan

Medalist

I don't think it's that G&G have so many fans but that YuNa fans voted against Michelle. Regardless, even this die hard MK fan can't be too unhappy G&G won...but how much you wanna bet those who voted for G&G suddenly switch their support to Orser...

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France

I don't think it's that G&G have so many fans but that YuNa fans voted against Michelle. Regardless, even this die hard MK fan can't be too unhappy G&G won...but how much you wanna bet those who voted for G&G suddenly switch their support to Orser...

Sad.

And then when it comes to Yu-Na vs. Orser, Yu-Na will have like 90% of the vote. LMAO.

Hearing all of the problems, I'm glad I didn't try to vote. I would have thought I was the jinx when the site tangled up the results for Michelle. I'm also naive enough to vote only once.

Not that this proves anything. How can you measure this anyway, even if the voting mechanism worked? Pairs from the 1960s versus a singles skater from today? Men who do quads versus a lady who never did more than a double but who basically invented women's figure skating? How could we choose just one?

But it's fun to see how things turn out.

Well, we may not find out who is the greatest skater ever, but we might find out whose fans rule the Internet! :rock: Upward and Onward! :)

Now that Michelle is out, everyone vote for Torvill and Dean! :clap:

cosmos

On the Ice

Why do you think that YuNa fans voted against Michelle? Definitely not. I've never heard of that kind of activity on YuNa fan boards, Korean or International.

YunaBliss

On the Ice

As someone who followed this poll very closely from the inception,

Michelle lost by about 11 votes at the end - she had 240 votes, while G&G had about 250 votes.

Yuna fans did NOT vote against Michelle - if they did, the vote count for G&G would have been MUCH higher, and more importantly, Yuna fans have no reason to vote against Michelle. Michelle is probably the 2nd most popular skater in Korea...

The way I see it, Michelle lost because her fans did not (or could not..) vote, while G&G fans did

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France

Fans of Michelle Kwan are fans of real skating.

Real skating hasn't been around for years.

No wonder her fans wouldn't be paying attention to a poll like this.

seniorita

Record Breaker

Ha! Am I the only one who managed to vote for Michelle here?:biggrin:

You might be, Seniorita! And you have my thanks.

If I had to pick just one skater as the best, I'd have to choose her or Kurt. But I can't imagine picking just one.