Yagudin is writing his autobiography | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yagudin is writing his autobiography

soogar

Record Breaker
I read Orser's book and boy was that boring. I liked Peggy's autobiography and Toller Cranston's book. Toller's book was the best, esp when he dished about Christopher Bowman bringing hookers to his place and playing dress up in Toller's old costumes (the hooker). One biography that is amazing is Nadia Comaneci's book Letters to a Young Gymnast. It's a short read but that book was so well written and inspiring. If Nadia wrote this thing herself or at least supplied a majority of the ideas for it, she is really deep and intelligent. I wasn't even a fan of her and now I really like her a lot.

Katya's book about Sergei was very interesting as well because she was really candid about their lives together. What I didn't like about Orser's book is that he totally glossed over his personal life. Rudy's book was excellent as well.

I think that Todd Eldredge should write a book. I think a chronicle of his ups and downs would be very interesting.

Kasey said:
But, if it did come out in English, I would be interested in reading it. MOSTLY, because Alexei has said before in articles/interviews, he says whatever is the first thing in his head....so I think it would be interesting to read what he's really been thinking all this time, about competitions and fellow competitors and such, instead of the "off the cuff" stuff! And with a book, he's worked more on how he really feels about things, and how he REALLY wants to say it (okay, HOPEFULLY!) So that will make it enjoyable for me.

Hi Kasey - As I mentioned before, we are kept informed of the happenings of many skaters by newspapers, magazines, television, and even the internet. So for the ardent fan of any young skater, it doesn't matter that there is nothing much to add to a book. But hey, enjoy.

Joe