Your top 5 favorites in Beijing? | Golden Skate

Your top 5 favorites in Beijing?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
1) Sui Han's quad twist + victory at home
2) Papadakis-Cizeron's gorgeous Fauré's FD (i liked their RD as well but I didn't like RDs in general this year)
3) Nathan Chen's overall
4) Kaori's LP + skipping on the ice overcome with joy
5) Shoma 's Sp in team event + Yuma's LP in team event

honorable mention with Canadian content : Madeline Schizas's performance in the team event, rising up to the occasion.

Last edited:

klena

On the Ice
1. Kamila Valieva SP (team event)
2. Anna Shcherbakova FS
3. Tarasova/Morozov SP and FS
4. Sinitsina/Katsalapov FD
5. Stepanova/Bukin RD

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
1. Sin/Kats story, 4 skates and silver
2. Trusova landing her 5 quads in Olympics
3. Zhou’s gala
4. Russian Teen Titans Men’s team and Olympic Rings side-show
5. Shoma Uno, 3x medallist!

And, why five, because I have to add Nathan’s FS and that gold!!! And, yes, his fashion sense as well. 👍✅🙌

Edit: am gonna break the rule of five and add Gubanova too. My new fav this Olympics.

Erin9

On the Ice
1. Nathan Chen- over-all. So happy to see him give across the board fabulous performances especially after the 2018 disappointment. He had a good time- and it showed.

2. S/H- FS- so happy to see them get gold. Especially at home. Lovely program. Awesome quad twist.

HM for 2: the silver and bronze medalists FS in pairs too. Fabulous competition between the top 3. T/M and M/G both deserve shout outs here. Pairs competition just rocked this time.

3. Kamilia V- short program team event. A masterpiece. What an extraordinary talent and lovely skater.

4. P/C- both programs to win the dance gold. Just lovely to watch and well deserved gold medal. Especially after 2018.

5. Yuma fs team event. Super fun to watch.

HM- C/B team event fs and H/D fs dance final.

*** I can’t give anything to the women’s event competition. The drama sucked any enjoyment out of it for me.

I have to say a lot of what really made this Olympics special was to see so many performers that had disappointments in 2018 come back and nail it/move up- Nathan Chen, P/C, S/H, H/D, T/M off hand. That was just nice to see. Very satisfying to see them get to come back and have their moments.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
1) Zhenya Semenenko's debut and his emotions after the FS ❤️
2) Miura/Kihara's FS (both TE and IE perfomances were absolutely stunning)
3) Kaori 2x Olympic bronze medalist with three fabulous skates
4) Katya Kurakova's redemption FS
5) Junhwan "Ina Bauer" Cha's solid skates to place 5th
And many others including Madeline in the team event, Olya's 14th place (she did much better here than at Rostelecom, Nats or Europeans) and the last warm-up in the pairs event.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
In order of the events....
1) Kamila Valieva SP in the Team Event. Unfortunate that this is the only good memory she will have of these Olympics.

2) Nathan Chen's LP which won him the Gold Medal. 2018 is now a distant memory.

3) The FDs of P/C, S/K, H/D, C/B ---- they were all fantastic. 4 distinct styles and performed beautifully. For 3 of these teams, 2018 is also a distant memory.

4) Anna Shcherbakova's LP which won her the Gold Medal. She is one of the fiercest competitor's I've ever seen. And she's also smart enough not to pay any attention to all the doom & gloom "Anna is done!" opinions. Some day she will be done, but not today!

5) The LPs of S/H, T/M, M/G ---- I've never seen a closer competition than this. Depending on what "strengths" you personally prefer, a case could probably be made for any of them. Looking at the judges' rankings, even they couldn't agree! S/H & T/M have also erased the bad memories of 2018. M/G look poised for even greater things in the future.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
1. Anna Shcherbakova FP and winning gold
2. Mark Kondratiuk: delivering in the team Event
3. Sui/Han winning gold in their home country
4. Papadakis/Cizeron finally won their gold medal
5. Mishina/Galliamov winning bronze after their horrible fall in the team event.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Sinnerman on Olympic Ice 🔥🔥🔥

(and Jason 6th overall:party2:)

2. Donovan Carrillo SP. He made the free, thank you Jesus :drama:and went viral in Latin America

3. Sui/Han winning gold on home ice.

4. Kévin Aymoz SP

4. JunHwan Cha everything

and Yuma Kagiyama everything and Shoma SP and Nathan....

In fact, the whole men's SP. I know we have forgotten about it by now, but the top men, and a few others, brought their A game.:rock:

withwings

On the Ice
I have not seen all events in their completeness, so from what I have seen so far

1. Sui/Han and T/M; S/H for winning gold with glorious skate and T/M for winning their silver medal/personal gold
2 . Madeline Schizas SP and LP in Team event- what on earth one can achieve a determination/for the sake of the team/others
3. KAORI SP and LP and her reaction after her both skates
4. Junhan Cha both programs
5. Jason Brown- perfection of perfection

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
1. Shoma's SP both events
2. Wakaba's SP both events
3. T/M SP + their reactions to medalling, glad they produced 2 clean skates at the biggest competition 🥳
4. Sui/Han FS + quad twist
5. Yuma's FS team event

The pairs event was wonderful. I hope it will attract a bigger audience in future!

Sui/Han for sure is near the top for me. I keep wanting to watch the FP. Hurry up and put it on YouTube Olympics! Lol.
It's already up here and here ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Shoma's SP both events
2. Wakaba's SP both events
3. T/M SP + their reactions to medalling, glad they produced 2 clean skates at the biggest competition 🥳
4. Sui/Han FS + quad twist
5. Yuma's FS team event

The pairs event was wonderful. I hope it will attract a bigger audience in future!

It's already up here and here ;)
It's Geoblocked for me........

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. T/M's programs and silver medal, I'm so happy for them!! 🥰
2. Mark K defying expectations during the team event!
3. Donovan Carillo making the free skate and lighting the world up with his smile.
4. Brendan Kerry being awesome - and his hair was back to its fabulous best!
5. Vika and Nikita getting silver because I really enjoyed their programs and thought they deserved it. 😁

Honourable mention: Josefin and Nikolai M getting to skate at the Olympics! :hb: :cheer: