Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
Just look at that serious face and stare!
I remember Alba writing Yulia looked uncomfortable on Elle photo shoot, it seems she's never liked being dressed in fancy stuff just for cameras. :biggrin:

She's so cute here, OMG! :laugh:

Actually in some of her Elle pictures she was great. I had more an issue with who did the pictures rather than my darling Yulia. ;):love:

I've heard that Rai Tv is famous fo being biased. So are they and Sky Italia the same?

Actually Sky doesn't follow skating, but they had the Olympics so they had the main (general) commentator which was good.
Ambesi from Eurosport, just for the Olympics, which as you know is really very good, Fontana for the ladies and men, and Maurizio Margaglio for Ice Dance.
Fontana went bananas. :rolleye:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
They say:
GUY: " And that is the new little star of Russia !"
KATARINA: "Well she was ou little BIG star all along and still is"
GUY: "It was a bit disappointing in the singles competition, she sadly fell in both, short and long program, but she goes home with a medal anyway- remember her 'famous' skate in the Team Event! Helped the team to win Gold on Plushenko's side, who sadly announced that a screw in his back broke and we wish him well-being and will enjoy Lipnitskaya's skate now"
KATARINA: *laughs* "For the third time now! (Yulia jumping a 3T) this has to be everybody's favorite for an exhibition, it's save, but beautifully executed by her"
KATARINA: *Yulia doing her spin* " Wow still unbelievable flexibility, the spins are really without peer(she's untouchable in that area)!"
GUY: " Yulia Lipnitskaya! Katarina we will hear a lot of her in the future! Such a successful year, Euro Champion, the youngest in history, team gold here and there are the WC in a few weeks!
Being only 15 she might do 2 more Olympics, she will go her way, I'm sure of that."
BOTH: "Chose a very adult theme here (Je t'aime) and we all swooned about how mature she skated Schindler's List, but she has her better and best years still ahead of her!! She's a 15 year old with a lot of charisma now and... She'll grow!."

Swoon is the right word, Katarina was totally in love with her at the Team Event! But who isn't :)

I was watching her SP again yesterday (THANK YOU, Alba, for the videos) and I was reminded again, that despite the fall the rest of the program was as good as she ever skated it. Well, perhaps except for at Worlds. I can still remember people saying that Ashley should have finished ahead of her and I still don't understand that. Yulia has the highest difficulty and executed 95% of her programs flawlessly. Especially in the long, she fell on her lowest scoring triple but that didn't ruin the program.

Many other people seem to see it this way: "My favorite didn't skate well technically-wise but the rest of their program was good so they deserve to place well." then they turn around and say "Yulia fell so her score should be really low" they seem to completely forget that she was wonderful on her other elements, especially the highest value ones, and don't count the rest of the program's high quality.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alba

Record Breaker
I was watching her SP again yesterday (THANK YOU, Alba, for the videos) and I was reminded again, that despite the fall the rest of the program was as good as she ever skated it. Well, perhaps except for at Worlds. I can still remember people saying that Ashley should have finished ahead of her and I still don't understand that. Yulia has the highest difficulty and executed 95% of her programs flawlessly. Especially in the long, she fell on her lowest scoring triple but that didn't ruin the program.

Many other people seem to see it this way: "My favorite didn't skate well technically-wise but the rest of their program was good so they deserve to place well." then they turn around and say "Yulia fell so her score should be really low" they seem to completely forget that she was wonderful on her other elements, especially the highest value ones, and don't count the rest of the program's high quality.

Ashley finished were she was suppose to, and deserved to finish.
She had F+3T<< in the SP and 3F+3T< + an e call for her 3Lz (just like Yulia), plus bad GOE's right across the board for her 3F+2T+2T.
Wagner had a flying sit spin level 2, while Yulia had flying camel level 4, not to mention the execution of both Yulia's spins, flying spin and the combination spin with a change of foot.

Alba

Record Breaker

Yeah, my two beautiful, gorgeous girls. :love: :yay:

I think Elena like her a lot. She had put some pictures with Yulia at Worlds as well on her instragam. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Still looking for CBC Olympic FS (have CBC SP in Yulia's 54GB torrent).

I had it and somehow the file was damaged. I will downloaded again, if you want.

I will upload the team event with CBC comment.

papa

Match Penalty
I had it and somehow the file was damaged. I will downloaded again, if you want.

I will upload the team event with CBC comment.
It'd be great Alba! :bow:

There is only CBC team event SP in the torrent. :eek:hwell:
It's good source, but not always best quality (in some cases you can find better quality on youtube even) and lacking many feeds (e.g. english worlds commentary).

Alba

Record Breaker
It'd be great Alba! :bow:

There is only CBC team event SP in the torrent. :eek:hwell:
It's good source, but not always best quality (in some cases you can find better quality on youtube even) and lacking many feeds (e.g. english worlds commentary).

No problem. I'll do it tonight. :)

The quality is good.