Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

starlight97

Final Flight
This is her SP in the TE, with CBC comment: https://vimeo.com/106919278

What they are saying here is so my thoughts: " Almost 73 points and STILL no smile!"
She never kinda does fist pumps or jumps around after a flawless skate. Because this is no unique achievement for her! A clean skate seems to be her Standart, what she is ....pleased with. Anything less and her face just falls. The only time she showed at least some emotion as a senior was after her FS at Europeans, because she delivered perfectly even though she had bad practices and couldn't hit her jumps there.
She has very high standards and expects a lot from herself but is so humble at the same time.

Alba

Record Breaker
What they are saying here is so my thoughts: " Almost 73 points and STILL no smile!"
She never kinda does fist pumps or jumps around after a flawless skate. Because this is no unique achievement for her! A clean skate seems to be her Standart, what she is ....pleased with. Anything less and her face just falls. The only time she showed at least some emotion as a senior was after her FS at Europeans, because she delivered perfectly even though she had bad practices and couldn't hit her jumps there.
She has very high standards and expects a lot from herself but is so humble at the same time.

I agree, and to think that some said at worlds this girl isn't happy unless she's winning. :rolleye:

Carol Lane comment makes me laugh here: "Well done me." :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree, and to think that some said at worlds this girl isn't happy unless she's winning. :rolleye:
Yeah, someon said it in a mean way. I don't get why people think Yulia doesn't smile. she smiles a lot and I have showed them photos of her smiling and having fun. They still think she lacks emotions. Oh my Lord! :unsure:

starlight97

Final Flight

I know so many people misinterpret that! It's not like she can only smile when she wins, she doesn't skate to beat others, she always tries to beat herself. (If that makes sense)
That's what I meant by her having high standards.

Also she doesn't act for the cameras. Many skaters smile and act happy even though their score is way lower than it should be or despite a bad skate, because they feel like they have to play the part.
Yulia isn't like that, she's very... authentic I would call it.

Alba

Record Breaker
I know so many people misinterpret that! It's not like she can only smile when she wins, she doesn't skate to beat others, she always tries to beat herself. (If that makes sense)

Also she doesn't act for the cameras. Many skaters smile and act happy even though their score is way lower than it should be or despite a bad skate, because they feel like they have to play the part.

I 100% agree. :thumbsup:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight

Wow, definitely. I couldn't have found a better way to say that. :clap:

anyanka

Record Breaker

Which is why once she does more competitions and can better handle her nerves, she will become as serene and calm as Yuna, but with a steely determination to win, too. This is why I think Yulia could own the next quad outright.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Which is why once she does more competitions and can better handle her nerves, she will become as serene and calm as Yuna, but with a steely determination to win, too. This is why I think Yulia could own the next quad outright.

I think so too, but you never know what could happen. She definitely has the ability, consistency and the je ne sais quoi to do it. So hopefully.

Any word on the Japan Open yet?

papa

Match Penalty
Yulia FS Team Even with CBC comment: https://vimeo.com/106915535
:love:

I'm uploading the Short as well.
Thank you Alba! :clap:

So... what else do you have? :biggrin:
I want every single commentary from Yulia's 13-14 season: Italian, Spanish, Eskimo, Mbutu, Klingonian and Latin! :laugh:

Lets look at Olympic TE. I have:
- FS: BBC,CBC,CCTC1,CCTV5,IRC,NBCHD,NBCSN,NTV+,СПОРТ 1,official yt Olympic feed,
- SP: BBC,CBC,NBCHD,NBCSN,NTV+,TV ASAHI, СПОРТ 1.
Do you have more? :)

PS. I'd especially love to hear Italian/Spanish/French commentary!

starlight97

Final Flight
http://vimeo.com/m/105655687
(Alba I roamed through your amazing videos :biggrin:)
And I just want to acknowledge THIS skate again! When she finishes: "The big, BIG skate of Carolina Kostner, people, a big exclamation mark!"
So true, this was such an outstanding skate, after all she had been through and I think between Yuna Kim's last skate, Yulia's emergence to stardom and Adelina's seemingly out of nowhere triumph, the greatness of Carolina in Sochi kinda got lost.
Outstanding performance for Caro :clap:

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you Alba! :clap:

So... what else do you have? :biggrin:
I want every single commentary from Yulia's 13-14 season: Italian, Spanish, Eskimo, Mbutu, Klingonian and Latin! :laugh:

Lets look at Olympic TE. I have:
- FS: BBC,CBC,CCTC1,CCTV5,IRC,NBCHD,NBCSN,NTV+,СПОРТ 1,official yt Olympic feed,
- SP: BBC,CBC,NBCHD,NBCSN,NTV+,TV ASAHI, СПОРТ 1.
Do you have more? :)

PS. I'd especially love to hear Italian/Spanish/French commentary!

:laugh:
Unfortunately I don't have others, except Germans from ladies competition.
I had the italian, Eurosport ITA from worlds and Sky from Sochi but my media center where I had recorded was damaged and all things I had in there were lost.

The BBC and NBC that you have, are from the Team event?

Alba

Record Breaker
http://vimeo.com/m/105655687
(Alba I roamed through your amazing videos :biggrin:)
And I just want to acknowledge THIS skate again! When she finishes: "The big, BIG skate of Carolina Kostner, people, a big exclamation mark!"
So true, this was such an outstanding skate, after all she had been through and I think between Yuna Kim's last skate, Yulia's emergence to stardom and Adelina's seemingly out of nowhere triumph, the greatness of Carolina in Sochi kinda got lost.
Outstanding performance for Caro :clap:

True! :yes:
Although I do prefer her SP, absolutely fantastic, I think she gave her 200% in both programs and IMO these were the best performances of her life.

starlight97

Final Flight
I think she gave her 200% in both programs and IMO these were the best performances of her life.
:thumbsup:
-----------------------------------
I gotta ask this:
Where do you guys think Yulia would have finished if she had skated two clean programs in Sochi?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on that (without bashing any of the other skaters of course)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I gotta ask this:
Where do you guys think Yulia would have finished if she had skated two clean programs in Sochi?
I'd really like to hear your thoughts on that (without bashing any of the other skaters of course)
I think at least silver! :)

Alba

Record Breaker
-----------------------------------
I gotta ask this:

Hummm difficult to answer that question because I love her. So I might be biased. :)

In SP I would've put Carolina first, Yuna second and Yulia third.
The only reason I'm not putting Adelina third is that I didn't like the music, cutting of her SP at all.
In any case, Yulia or Adelina third would've been ok with me.

The FS is difficult because not only I love Yulia but I love SL as a program, and I wasn't crazy about any of the free programs from Yuna, Carolina or Adelina. So, I would've put Yulia first, Carolina or Adelina second and then Yuna.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If Yulia went clean, then this is my choice:
SP Caro 1st, Yuna 2nd, Yulia 3rd
LP: Mao 1st (8 triples you know), Yulia 2nd, Caro 3d, Adelina 4th, Yuna 5th.

Alba

Record Breaker
If Yulia went clean, then this is my choice:
SP Caro 1st, Yuna 2nd, Yulia 3rd
LP: Mao 1st (8 triples you know), Yulia 2nd, Caro 3d, Adelina 4th, Yuna 5th.

Ah well, if we assume that even Mao went clean than the gold medal goes to her.
I would've put her in first place for the short as well.