Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

papa

Match Penalty
... and she skates with love in return.
I watched Skate America ladies competition this weekend, rooting for Lena and Liza, cheering their success, but in the end I've to agree with one of the forum comments: "Let's hope Julia will save us with another Schindler's List". :laugh:;)
There were some nice programs, some very good technical performances, some surprises, but overall, not many of those skates really moved me. Cesario, Liza, Lena and Park were interesting, Imai - beautiful, but there was no "it" factor in any of those for me.

Am I spoiled by Julia? I guess so... :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I can't believe in ISU's bio these days. Don't even know who is taller, and how tall.

Alba

Record Breaker
This waiting is killing me. Meanwhile, I'm watching her SP almost everyday and I just LOVE it. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
This waiting is killing me. Meanwhile, I'm watching her SP almost everyday and I just LOVE it. :love:
I feel the same. I don't even know if I have enough courage to watch her live. I was so anxious for her at Worlds I had to turn off the live stream and only turn back after knowing her scores and placement, then rewatched the online clip.

Alba

Record Breaker
I feel the same. I don't even know if I have enough courage to watch her live. I was so anxious for her at Worlds I had to turn off the live stream and only turn back after knowing her scores and placement, then rewatched the online clip.

Me too. I don't know if I will be able to watch her at TEB, live. :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Me too. I don't know if I will be able to watch her at TEB, live. :slink:
You should bring some tea to calm down before she skates.

Anyways, not to mention both Yulia and Yuzuru will be at Cup of China. How can I even watch the live stream without overreacting anxiously!!! :bang: both men and ladies dicipline!!!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I remember what a shock it was when she fell in Sochi. I understand that she has no intention for splats - here her interests and those of the fans are alligned. Just hope that she will deliver. Rewatching her clean programs is such a pleasure.

Alba

Record Breaker
Rewatching her clean programs is such a pleasure.

:yes::agree:

Anyways, not to mention both Yulia and Yuzuru will be at Cup of China. How can I even watch the live stream without overreacting anxiously!!! :bang: both men and ladies dicipline!!!

Yep, CoC is going to be the same for me but at least I'm at home so I can change the channel till they've finished.
OMG, I used to feel like this when watching Michelle Kwan, Kulik, Yagudin etc. :biggrin:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
May I join too? I have to say that Julia's new SP is over in a flash for me - somehow all the other programmes take longer. Might be a bit of Lipnitskaya magic, of course!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
May I join too? I have to say that Julia's new SP is over in a flash for me - somehow all the other programmes take longer. Might be a bit of Lipnitskaya magic, of course!

Of course you can. Welcome!! I like how Sandra sounded almost scared to talk during the team skate coverage of Yulia's SP. She kind of whispered at one point......" This girl is all business" and " It's like she goes into a trance". :bow: I am all for many types of skating. I understand and appreciate programs designed to connect with the audience. But I live for the serious and intense approach that Yulia brings. She doesn't need to smile at the crowd or look to them for approval as she goes. I notice that she connects in a different way. A way in which the audience can only explain thru absolute silence. :) She captivates me and like you said....her programs fly right by. Unless of course if it's unfolding live and my heart is racing as she approaches each jump pass holding my breath for her. I'm so excited and nervous about the upcoming season. Kind of glad there is no news to speak of. I can only imagine the level of training and focus she is currently undergoing. Her identity is her hard work and determination. Well.......that and she is a pretty good spinner too ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
:yes::agree:
Yep, CoC is going to be the same for me but at least I'm at hope so I can change the channel till they've finished.
OMG, I used to feel like this when watching Michelle Kwan, Kulik, Yagudin etc. :biggrin:
When Plushy was in his prime, I rarely had this kind of worry, though. But of course, that time I was just a highschool student, I didn't invest in FS as much as now. When I was younger, I watched Kwan and just remember that she had beautiful posture. :biggrin:
Don't know why I grow so anxious when I am older!! :scowl:

Like a worrying parent over their children. Oh please FS god please treat them well!

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Of course you can. Welcome!! I like how Sandra sounded almost scared to talk during the team skate coverage of Yulia's SP. She kind of whispered at one point......" This girl is all business" and " It's like she goes into a trance". :bow: I am all for many types of skating. I understand and appreciate programs designed to connect with the audience. But I live for the serious and intense approach that Yulia brings. She doesn't need to smile at the crowd or look to them for approval as she goes. I notice that she connects in a different way. A way in which the audience can only explain thru absolute silence. :) She captivates me and like you said....her programs fly right by. Unless of course if it's unfolding live and my heart is racing as she approaches each jump pass holding my breath for her. I'm so excited and nervous about the upcoming season. Kind of glad there is no news to speak of. I can only imagine the level of training and focus she is currently undergoing. Her identity is her hard work and determination. Well.......that and she is a pretty good spinner too ;)

Hmmm, that's why I prefer to first learn how she skated and only then watch her skate. And somehow, I'm more reluctant to watch it when I learn she made a mistake - I feel too sorry for her then!
I watched the SA ladies SP live, but not sure will be able to face in at CoC. Just would feel too nervous. Can't remember myself feeling like this over any skater - and I've been watching figure skating back from Rodnina's days!

Meoima

Match Penalty
So... does this mean when it's Cup of China, this thread will be full of anxious posters who dare not watch the live stream, and constantly check the result page? @_@ I am afraid it might get overload!