Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 195 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Could Russian posters kindly provide us with some summary? In English of course.

In short, Eteri is angry that they're considering sending Adelina to the Euros without her taking part in a single competition.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, the google translation is not that good, although you could understand more or less what she's saying.
I think she is throwing a shot to those who told Yulia that she should partecipate in the GP series this year? ;) :biggrin:
Well, she has a point there.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, the google translation is not that good, although you could understand more or less what she's saying.
I think she is throwing a shot to those who told Yulia that she should partecipate in the GP series this year? ;) :biggrin:
agree, given the fact that Adelina has been injured for so long and she hasn't been tested under pressure of this season and her new programs are not jugded internationally yet.

Fayruza

Match Penalty

Not really. All she says is that she could have told Julia to relax and get ready for the Euros as well! Whereas she still encouraged her to take part in every GP competition, even though Julia wasn't quite ready.

Alba

Record Breaker
Not really. All she says is that she could have told Julia to relax and get ready for the Euros as well! Whereas she still encouraged her to take part in every GP competition, even though Julia wasn't quite ready.

Yulia was also told that she should because of ranking or something like that. She said that after China, in the interview with Flade. Furthermore, someone could reply to Eteri: "but Adelina didn't relax in order to prepare for Euros. She was injured, so due to force majeure." You see what I mean? Unless she somehow doubt that.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Yulia was also told that she should because of ranking or something like that. She said that after China, in the interview with Flade. Furthermore, someone could reply to Eteri: "but Adelina didn't relax in order to prepare for Euros. She was injured, so due to force majeure." You see what I mean? Unless she somehow doubt that.

I'm sure she doesn't doubt that, but her point is that skaters should earn their right to go to these major competitions by their performance this year. Otherwise it kills the compettitive drive in other skaters if one is selected as a favourite.
She has a point and she's ready to fight - which is better than just keeping silent.

lenok83

On the Ice
I'm sure she doesn't doubt that, but her point is that skaters should earn their right to go to these major competitions by their performance this year. Otherwise it kills the compettitive drive in other skaters if one is selected as a favourite.
She has a point and she's ready to fight - which is better than just keeping silent.

Fayruza, you are right!

Alba

Record Breaker

Well, I agree with that myself but these are the (non) rules. I would prefer her to say that when Yulia wins. Anyway, it's understandable why she doesn't like that. Yulia could be the one left home. :scowl:

Last edited:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Thank you Isabel. I believe Yulia will do better at Nationals too. I hope she has figured out how to stay focused without thinking too much about edge calls, falls, or even winning.

Here are some new videos from her fans on YouTube. Apparently, Lipnyatas are still working hard. :) I apologize if any of them was posted before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLni2GKzNLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shi_A30tPLI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMEIYs9v7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkc1txKC7c

The last one is actually Sam's video. I noticed that, near the end, Yulia reached down to thank the ice (I think).

I meant to comment about this before but I forgot, Serafima made a similar type motion when she got off the ice for the SP. Something from Eteri's group, maybe? Or just a coincidence after a great skate? Anyway I thought it was cute and meaningful.

stryke

On the Ice
To me they are showing respect and giving thanks to the ice in the same way a soccer player would kiss the field after a great victory. Yuzuru did the same thing as he stepped onto the ice for his medal ceremony.

Meoima

Match Penalty
To me they are showing respect and giving thanks to the ice in the same way a soccer player would kiss the field after a great victory. Yuzuru did the same thing as he stepped onto the ice for his medal ceremony.
Yuzuru always touches the ice, and even bow down to the ice. It's like his ritual.
I think Western ladies don't share the same belief. But there's high possibility that they want to say thank you to the ice.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Yuzuru always touches the ice, and even bow down to the ice. It's like his ritual.
I think Western ladies don't share the same belief. But there's high possibility that they want to say thank you to the ice.

I believe he started doing it ritually after the 2011 earthquake. Always touches the ice when he steps on it and always bows before and after entering/leaving the rink.
He said he feels lucky to be alive and always thanks the ice for allowing him the chance to skate/not taking it for granted.

Alba

Record Breaker
By the way, I'm a LOTR fan, and I was thinking about Yulia doing a program as an Elf. :love:
I don't know but in my imagination, she would be the daughter of Galadriel. :)

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia can be a great Lúthien! :cheer:

Lúthien is too much maybe. Also, she had black hairs, right? Elena Ilinykh can be a great Lúthien. :biggrin:
Yulia has to skate something that reminds you a young Galadriel. Mysterious and cool. ;)

Last edited:

grantrf98

On the Ice
Lúthien is too much maybe. Also, she had black hairs, right? Elena Ilinykh can be a great Lúthien. :biggrin:
Yulia has to skate something that reminds you a young Galadriel. Mysterious and cool. ;)

I was going to say that too! Even though she isn't as tall as Galadriel, Yulia would definitely encapsulate her beauty. Imagine Yulia with that long hair! That would be a very cool program!