Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 196 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lúthien is too much maybe. Also, she had black hairs, right? Elena Ilinykh can be a great Lúthien. :biggrin:
Yulia has to skate something that reminds you a young Galadriel. Mysterious and cool. ;)
I've always thought of Cate Blanchett when people mentioned Galadriel now. :drama:
I think of Lúthien because Peter Jackson hasn't touched her yet. :drama:
But yeah you do have a point, Yulia can be a very young Galadriel!! :bow:

Alba

Record Breaker
I was going to say that too! Even though she isn't as tall as Galadriel, Yulia would definitely encapsulate her beauty. Imagine Yulia with that long hair! That would be a very cool program!

Oh Yes! :yes: I wold really love to see a program like that. :love:
The funny thing is that when I see Gandalf as well, I imagine Yulia being his grandchild or something like that. :biggrin:
I've always thought of Cate Blanchett when people mentioned Galadriel now.:drama:

Me too. :)

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Could Russian posters kindly provide us with some summary? In English of course.

I'll add my two cents:
- Eteri said that these kind of statements (Sotnikova's and Lakernik's) are 'unacceptable' before Nationals.
- She doesn't understand why any of our four girls who competed at GPF 2014, do not deserve her place at Euros, if they will medal at Nationals. Liza? Elena? Yulia?
- She said Yulia has more titles and medals out of all currently skating russian girls (Silver GPF medalist, acting Euros champion, silver Worlds medalist, Olympic champion), and if someone should be competing at Euros without participation at National, it's her.
- And she thinks it would be okay to send Sotnikova to Euros this year if she would have injured her leg during the season after a couple of starts.

grantrf98

On the Ice
I'll add my two cents:
- Eteri said that these kind of statements (Sotnikova's and Lakernik's) are 'unacceptable' before Nationals.
- She doesn't understand why any of our four girls who competed at GPF 2014, do not deserve her place at Euros, if they will medal at Nationals. Liza? Elena? Yulia?
- She said Yulia has more titles and medals out of all currently skating russian girls (Silver GPF medalist, acting Euros champion, silver Worlds medalist, Olympic champion), and if someone should be competing at Euros without participation at National, it's her.
- And she thinks it would be okay to send Sotnikova to Euros this year if she would have injured her leg during the season after a couple of starts.

Thank you! This situation confuses me a little bit. I think there's doubt from the Russian Federation about sending Yulia to the biggest competitions (Euros/Worlds) because of her sketchy free program. Even if she earns her spot (even if she get 1st/2nd) the doubt will still be there, even with her accomplishments last season. Here's the ironic part: they are willing to send Sotnikova, who hasn't participated in a single competitive event since the Olympics, over the ladies who have. Shouldn't there be doubt of re-injury/lack of experience this season? So I definitely agree with everything Eteri said in her interview.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you! This situation confuses me a little bit. I think there's doubt from the Russian Federation about sending Yulia to the biggest competitions (Euros/Worlds) because of her sketchy free program. Even if she earns her spot (even if she get 1st/2nd) the doubt will still be there, even with her accomplishments last season.

No, I don't think they are having doubts about Yulia if she finish 1st or 2nd. Only the 3rd place.

starlight97

Final Flight
I'll add my two cents:

Thanks !
I agree with every word and not simply because I love Yulia.
Because spots should be awarded for results. It's not Adelina's fault that she hasn't got any this season, and won't have any until Euros (and you can hardly count winning a Russian cup event as an indicator!).
The third place finisher should go! Just imagine if it's Radionova who finishes 3.
Everyone speculates about Yulia/Anna being 'robbed', but what if Elena, who has shown incredible skill and consistency this season, having earned her spot lights out, gets sick before nationals or has a bad day (meaning maybe 2 pops cause that's gonna throw you into third at Russian Nat. :laugh::drama:)... and is left out?
I'd be more than malcontent I think

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
No, I don't think they are having doubts about Yulia if she finish 1st or 2nd. Only the 3rd place.

Lakernik specifically mentioned Lipnitskaya. I think if Radionova for some reason will be third, she will still go at Euros.

adelia

Record Breaker
So will Sotnikova overtake Elena/Liza if one of them gets 3rd place, despite their outstanding season thus far?
Euros will be Liza/Elena +1. The third person will either be Anna/Yulia (if they finish within the top 2 at Nats + whoever of the two finishes higher) or Adelina (if neither Anna/Yulia finish top 2 at Nats and Adelina has regained fitness).

Edit:
This is how I read it. Of course the Fed can always change their minds. But I think this makes the most sense.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Euros will be Liza/Elena +1. The third person will either be Anna/Yulia (if they finish within the top 2 at Nats + whoever of the two finishes higher) or Adelina (if neither Anna/Yulia finish top 2 at Nats and Adelina has regained fitness).

Edit:
This is how I read it. Of course the Fed can always change their minds. But I think this makes the most sense.

I think you're right.

alebi

Medalist

Edit:

I also think you're right even if it's completely unfair :disapp:
I said before that, for me, Yulia needs to skip Euros and be 100% ready for Worlds, but honestly not this way! She has the right to decline the call if she wants, because she has done the same or more things then Adelina for the Russian figure skating. She should have the same importance and consideration. But all these chitchats before their Nationals is absurd and only brings more stress to a girl who now is clearly needing more serenity and respect!

edit: I also think that this strategy isn't good for Adelina too... She has already won a controversial OGM and if the Fed shows also a public favouritism, the rest of the world will always consider her a not deserving skater

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Now I feel worse for Julia after reading about this. She's already having a hard time mentally (feeling stressed etc) and then her struggles with her FS. Then to be singled out like that is just awful. =( What a way to crush her spirit... I hope she can channel all these negative emotions and criticisms and turn it into a remarkable skate in Nationals. Then she can school that Lakernik! :rock: Ganbatte, Julia!:cheer2:

(I have this fear that even if she does well, the Russian fed might still change their mind and say that it's not enough though. It seems that they can basically just do whatever they want...:slink:)

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice
"Bloody Eteri" is on fire! She's right about everything said in this interview. She's a fair player and I respect her alot! Eteri should've said it now because after the RC would've been too late. No matter the results Yulia knows her trainer is going to fight and I think this is the most important thing right now for her. They both respect the rules unlike some others, and they play by them. I know that some people from RF are very powerful and they can ruin Etery and Yulia if they want but after the OG Yulia became Russia's favorite child and it would be more difficult.

adelia

Record Breaker
Now I feel worse for Julia after reading about this. She's already having a hard time mentally (feeling stressed etc) and then her struggles with her FS. Then to be singled out like that is just awful. =( What a way to crush her spirit... I hope she can channel all these negative emotions and criticisms and turn it into a remarkable skate in Nationals. Then she can school that Lakernik! :rock: Ganbatte, Julia!:cheer2:

(I have this fear that even if she does well, the Russian fed might still change their mind and say that it's not enough though. It seems that they can basically just do whatever they want...:slink:)
If she finishes top 2, they will send her to Euros. Rus Fed has nothing against Yulia personally.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If she finishes top 2, they will send her to Euros. Rus Fed has nothing against Yulia personally.
I highly doubt that they have anything against her. But personally I think it's not the end of the world if she won't go to Euro. That title she already has. I hope she will have chance to go to Worlds instead.

adelia

Record Breaker
I highly doubt that they have anything against her. But personally I think it's not the end of the world if she won't go to Euro. That title she already has. I hope she will have chance to go to Worlds instead.
Yup.

mat

Rinkside
The Federation already between two fires. On the one hand, CSKA (behind Adeline) with its strong pushers . On the other hand, many fans of Julia. If Julia takes 3rd place for the RF trouble is guaranteed, regardless of what decision they took. What saith the Likiernik it's just stuffing from the Federation to explore possible reactions.

Ayeshoo

On the Ice

Sorry, you're both right. Nothing against Julia specifically... :)

Yamita

On the Ice
I guess Eteri needed to speak out at a time when they should 100% focus on training because this Rus Fed comment has bothered Yulia. The comment could be "we will not rule out Adelina" to encourage her participation instead of favoritism which discourages/hurts other ladies.

IMO this comment at this time is inconsiderate, unwise, and does nothing good for Rus Fed itself at all.

I hope Yulia is staying focused at this moment without thinking about anything else ...:think:

Last edited: