Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
Did you know all the buttons and ornaments are sewn on, not just painted? I read somewhere about it.
I wonder if she put the original red costume from Euros on Ebay, how much would some wealthy "Lipniata" pay? :):think:

Actually you can see they are not just painted.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

papa

Match Penalty
Interview with Yulia from "Фигурное Катание" (Figure Skating) magazine, after GPF in 2013, translated by Alex Zimin on official fanpage.

http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/fs_magazine.pdf (page 24)

We did this interview when we returning from Japan GPF to Moscow.

-Yulia, you had great attitude in this GPF. You cried after winning in Moscow (Rostelecom cup). When you got 4 place after SP in Fukuoka, you say: "And what, now I should hang myself?". Only one week has passed between this competitions.
-In Moscow i miss elements, fail jumps. I was upset of my skating, because you can't win with such skating. In Japan I was nervous anyway, but I fought to the end. Even Eteri said: Yulia, well done, you fought. I had to prove myself after Moscow, that it not happen again.

-And you did it?
-Yes.

-How did you come in figure skating?
-Mom brought me.

-Because you had a good flexibility?
-I have my flexibility from nature. But we worked on stretching in Ekb in skating school. I was 4 yo when I came to the rink. Mom says, I just began skating, when I wearing skates first time. My first coach was Elena Levkovets.

-You immediately liked figure skating?
-What else I have in my life? We even bought apartment near the rink, because whole year we went by taxi to the rink to 7 a.m. Elena saw my talent, she said, what I needed 2 trainings per day. She was with me while my mom was at work. Many thanks to her.

-Why did you decide to move to Moscow?
-We realized that we have no prospects in Ekb.

-It was hard?
-Somehow by itself. I don't like to recall this. Everything went, and not for nothing.

-How long you get used to Moscow life?
-Everything was unusually. In Ekb I skated twice a day for one hour. It was the end of season when I come to Moscow, and Eteri had a lot of time to training on the ice. I skated 2-2,5 hours during two weeks, because I needed that Eteri took me. I just jumped, skated, rotated without stopping. We went two days and in the first training I jumped 2 axel and toe. Toe - first in my life.

-From fear?
-Maybe. I still jump so.

-Why you went to Moscow so long?
-We went on car, mom was driving. I spent two days in the car - and immediately to the ice rink after that. Then I start to training, skating. All was good, except last season (12-13) when I got injured.

-We know, you like horses?
-Yea, from childhood. I dunno why, but I've always loved horses.

-You are not afraid?
-No. 2 years ago I was the first who ride this horse. We have many horses in the village, but this horse is mine. Her name is Pobeda (Victory, white horse from photo) - she was born on May 9. She is tall, she have many different breeds. Actually I dunno much about it, not a professional. Have a bridle, saddle, just put on horse and ride throughout the neighborhood. So beautiful here - river, forest, hills. Very soothing.

-How did you learn to ride?
-I really wanted. Few times a week I went to equestrian camp in Ekb. School, trainings, home, trainings again - it's tiresomely. Then we bought the cottage near Ekb. There are so many animals, not only horses. I'm really love to communicate with them. Sometimes better than with people.

-Because animals can't answer?
-Dunno. I have a cat in Ekb. My liked. He's old, already 10 yo. I was presented this cat to my 5 b-day. He's housecat, he had never been on the street. Mom actually doesn't very like animals, but she adores this cat. We would like to get a cat, but we don't have own apartment in Moscow. Now my cat live in village with my grandma. At first I was worried, but he is very happy to live on the nature. And my dalmatian afraid of him.

-You have a dog?
-And dogs, and horses, and chickens...

-Maybe you can to milk cows?
-Yea. We don't have own cows, but our neighbours have. All this cows know me. I like to live in village, I'm not shy to talk about it. And I don't care what people will think.
Yesterday at 3:46 pm

Alex Zimin
-If not figure skating, what would you do?
-I dunno. I was always told - I'm doing well everything. Like "talented person is talented in all". But I still didn't do anything very seriously.

-You had a childhood?
-Yes. On weekends with my grandma.

-When you could just relax and not to do anything?
-Something like this. I have cousins - sister and brother. And our childhood was in village. We played, ran, broken knees... It was good. Happy childhood. Especially in summer, when I was not training.

-Otherwise - harsh days?
-Especially when started unusual trainings. In Ekb I skated 30 minutes, then rotated 15 minutes and only 10 minutes for jumps. Sometimes at first training a day I could not jump at all. I had very bad jumps. I learned to jump at home on the floor. My feet always hurt terribly from this. But eventually I learned (then Yulia talks about her wrong technique of axel).

-When you came to Eteri, you had to change your technique?
-Of course. But when I was skated on my first competition in Moscow, I already jumped salchow, toe, loop, 2 axel.

-Did you heard the talks around?
-I had no idea what someone says about me.

-You take it to heart?
-Differently. But I always listen and analyze if someone tells me.

-Maybe sometimes it's better to not listen?
-No, always need to analyze. I just see, when someone someone advises the real things, someone says to spite, someone says just to say anything. I'm ready for anything.

-Now there will be more talks - Olympic season.
-I have to concentrate of myself.

-You spend a lot of time in Internet?
-I communicate in social networks. After Canada I had 260 new private messages and the same on my wall on VK. Of course, thanks to all, but I can't respond to everyone. More 5k people in VK - fans, childs, adults, friends, relatives, school friends (I studied in many school), friends from skating group. I have no time and effort to write to all. After Cup in Moscow I made short list - only those with whom I really communicate.

-On what topics you talk to strangers?
-Someone just asks "how are you?". Someone want to get acquainted. Someone asks for advice "what skates to choose?", "how to jumps?". But everyone have own coach. And Eteri have own technique, but everyone in our group jumps differently. Not a pattern, but how convenient. We have big group, many people. Very hard for Eteri.

-You easily with Eteri?
-Yes.

-And for her with you?
-Last season was hard for us. We quarreled. Now everything is different, good.

-Because you look differently on many things?
-I think so.

-This season is hard?
-Very hard. But fortunately we have many help - moral, financial, we need to use it.

-Felt psychological pressure?
-I felt it in Moscow. Atmosphere In Japan was so easy, but in Moscow crowd is "pressed". In Canada was something mixed. But it helped me to win.

-How?
-On the trainings in Canada people are rooting for particular skaters. Announced: Suzuki, Gold, Osmond - all shouted and applauded. Great. Then "Lipnitskaya" - and deathly silence. Then we laughed with Eteri.

-Wound up?
-It was unexpected. Funny.

-Higher scores - more surprises?
-I know, but thats even more interesting. I love to go against.

skate59

Rinkside
Interview with Yulia from "Фигурное Катание" (Figure Skating) magazine, after GPF in 2013, translated by Alex Zimin on official fanpage.

http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/fs_magazine.pdf (page 24)
Thats a great read. Thanks for posting! Love how she mentions she likes being around animals sometimes more then people :biggrin: and the crowd reaction in Canada ( deathly silence). That definitely changed after she was done skating. Also her talking about trying to manage 5000 fans on her VK .....try almost 370,000 now lol.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
There's more information in the original text than in translation - may be someone will try to make up for the omissions. There are many nuances which were not translated. Like the paragraph about Canada which should read: During trainings in Canada there gathered the crowd that supported particular skaters. And it was so unnatural! We are on the ice. The announcement: Suzuki - everybody clapping, Gold - shouting, whistling, fifing, Osmond - thunders of applause. Maginificent. And suddenly Lipnitskaia and deadly silence. We then discussed it with Eteri and laughed. - It turned you on? - It was unexpected - funny.

papa

Match Penalty
There's more information in the original text than in translation - may be someone will try to make up for the omissions. There are many nuances which were not translated. Like the paragraph about Canada which should read: During trainings in Canada there gathered the crowd that supported particular skaters. And it was so unnatural! We are on the ice. The announcement: Suzuki - everybody clapping, Gold - shouting, whistling, fifing, Osmond - thunders of applause. Maginificent. And suddenly Lipnitskaia and deadly silence. We then discussed it with Eteri and laughed. - It turned you on? - It was unexpected - funny.
Thanks! No silence in upcoming season I guess... ;)
You're right, Alex Zimin is doing great job with translating things for foreign Lipniata, but this time I'd suggest using google translate, because he omitted some interesting stuff.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I hope Yulia or one of the other Rus girls does that Russian sisters song from Eurovision as their gala.