Yuna Kim announces return to competition--retirement after Sochi | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim announces return to competition--retirement after Sochi

YunaBliss

On the Ice
:yay:

I hope she is fully recharged and has her competitive spirit back! Anyway, this ensures that Ladies Figure Skating will be the hottest event at the 2014 Olympics, with Yuna going head-to-head against Russian Super Babies in Russia for a chance at two consecutive OGM, to match Katarina Witt. WOW!

Macassar88

Medalist
Amazing news! I wonder whether she'll do the grand prix series and everything or just half *** it.

Krislite

Medalist
Amazing news! I wonder whether she'll do the grand prix series and everything or just half *** it.

Too late now for GPS. But she said she'll do three competitions this coming season: Korean Nationals, a senior B or 4CC, and Worlds. She really doesn't have much of a choice anyways, because of the new rules.

She'll probably save her come-back GPS slots for the 2013 series.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
WOW!!! I wasn't really expecting her to make a comeback! This is going to make things very interesting :)
I am simply thrilled to see what new programs she's going to put out for us. I'm very pleased too because I felt like she still has so much to offer, especially now that she is more "mature" and has seen/done even more things in the world. I want to see her go all out with no regrets!!!! :agree:

cooper

Medalist
yay!!! i miss her skating so much!:clap: the fact that the reigning ogm will defend her title against a deeper field will be more interesting! :)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This is great news. Ladies skating really needs her back! I love the russian wonder babies too and I can't wait to see the rivalry. Ladies will have to upgrade technically if she is back in form. I can see Caro winning with less content in front of the youngsters but competing with Yuna is another story. Maybe we'll finally see her 3Lz back, she will need it. As for Mao, I can only hope next season is better for her. It would be nice to see Yuna and Mao back on the top.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Wonderful new!!! She is the best. No one can touch her artistic side. This is a great new :) And, also it would force the other skater like Carolina Kostner to add the triple lutz and the triple flip if they want to be competitive. Yu-Na Kim I love you :love: :hb:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If she truly does come back, may she be better prepared/healthier than Nastia Lukin's 2012 Olympic attempt!

Kim is already looking ahead to beyond her playing career. She said she will try to become a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) after the Sochi Games.

She also said she harbored dreams of a career in sports diplomacy, while serving as an honorary ambassador for South Korean town PyeongChang's successful bid to host the 2018 Winter Olympics. Her presentation last July during the IOC General Assembly in Durban, South Africa, before members voted on the Olympic host has been credited with helping PyeongChang beat out Munich, Germany, and Annecy, France.

I can't help but feel that her heart has already moved on.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rebecca Bross was particularly sad for me.

And Alicia Sacramone who did quite well, just not well enough, apparently.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I can't help but feel that her heart has already moved on.

me too. wonder who she is doing this for? i don't see the drive she will need, and there are so many good people on the scene. She had two people last olympics. now mao, miki, the best russians, ashley, caro, akiko. I don't hink it is at all a given. Well, nice programs will be enough for me. And she will be stunning.