Yuna Kim | Page 191 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

skaterr

On the Ice
YUNA KIM PEEKABOO

"I was inspired by the costume for 'Kiss of the Vampire', one of my most memorable short skating program.

In soft couio romano leather and red details of reminiscent of fresh blood in contrast with cold blue inspired by Kiss of the Vampire are embroidered with crystal inside the bag. On the back side, beads are also embroidered to express purity yet sensual allure, the see-through back side of the costume also creates the same image."

Yuna Kim's Peekaboo bag is available to purchase through a dedicated online auction site from Oct 31st to Nov 10th All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) to support unprotected children and child labors in developing countries.

http://www.fendi.com/kr-en/fendi-life/peekaboo-project/yuna-kim.html

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What I like about Yuna's design was that it was consistent with the concept of her KoTV program.

One of subversion, substance, real depth beyond the surface. Everything is more than what you see. Kind of goes with her character as well... On the outside, not very flashy, but absolutely phenomenal on the inside.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"I was inspired by the costume for 'Kiss of the Vampire', one of my most memorable short skating program."
FENDI designer said that!!!
This made me even sadder that this program was soooooooo underrated at the time in media, yet it is one of those most memorable programs according to this designer and many figure skating fans. Truly only time could tell.
BTW I think the designer's description of Yuna's KoV and the concept that inspired him for this Peekaboo big is absolutely spot on.
I like that pinky flesh color.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
"I was inspired by the costume for 'Kiss of the Vampire', one of my most memorable short skating program."
This made me even sadder that this program was soooooooo underrated at the time in media, yet it is one of those most memorable programs according to this designer and many figure skating fans. Truly only time could tell.
BTW I think the designer's description of Yuna's KoV and the concept that inspired him for this Peekaboo big is absolutely spot on.

How do you mean? Was it designed by FENDI, or a collaboration between Yuna and the designer?

Yeah that program only got 69 at worlds :p Compare to everything we see today regularly going over 70, must be the most under rated and misunderstood SP of all time.

skaterr

On the Ice

Yuna said that. I think "" means her own words. It's her design.
KoTV was definitely underrated. I totally agree with you.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Also, let me tell ya, KoV dress is the second most copied dress (after Yuna's gershwin) by young skaters in all the fg comps that I watched in US. I did not expect that, but it is true.:biggrin:

skaterr

On the Ice
quotes "" is her own words. She is very good at those things. I even heard she participated in designing her own costume dresses with Korean designer.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"purity yet sensual allure" from Yuna's own word. I now officially understand her signature costume style -- the big OPEN back.
She is all about "BACK"!!!!

I LOVE!

You know what, I always loved those subtle shimmering diamonds (or beads) on Yuna's dress. And it is for "purity yet sensual allure":eek::

BTW, guys, I didnot read the previous news about this bag carefully (since I am not really into those things), so I just assumed it is a situation like LV designerd Yuna's skates case. I didnot know that it is Yuna's design. But I like this interesting decoration inside and pinky flesh color of that bag. Then I realized it is Yuna her own design and from her KoV dress, it totally clicked! OS summarized it perfectly.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
maybe Yuna made a design and Fendi made the actual bag based on Yuna's design. :)

and thank you for the appreciation on my fan art of Yuna.
I hope I'll have time to make another one :)

edit: who am i kidding. i always make time for Yuna. lol

yyyskate

Record Breaker
maybe Yuna made a design and Fendi made the actual bag based on Yuna's design. :)

and thank you for the appreciation on my fan art of Yuna.
I hope I'll have time to make another one :)

edit: who am i kidding. i always make time for Yuna. lol

I love your fanart style! and glad that you used it as your profile pic.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
^thank you!

- -

How crazy is it that Adelina's PCS at Mordovian Ornament has beaten Yuna's SITC (and basically her every other programs in the past) and Mao's Nocturne. It has basically beaten PCS of world records set by Yuna and Mao. In exclusion of Caro's 2014 Worlds SP PCS. I like her SP but come on. With that content and practically weaker program components. I know the event was in Russia but the sad thing is that it is credited as an international score since the event is ISU sanctioned.