Yuna Kim | Page 193 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

skaterr

On the Ice
Most of figure skating fans in Korea are Yuna fans. I heard many enthusiastic fans left and lost interests in figure skating when Yuna retired with a heart broken. So sad…. They might have lost their motives to support figure skating. But the public love Yuna for that reason… it’s irony in some ways.

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Thanks sunny and skaterr for your answers. I have no facebook account so I missed the news of ATY... I am still very sad about it, I got to know some really nice people at the live chats :cry: At least we still have the Yuna Kim Forum.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ Yuna fans will come back once Yuna started to do ice shows. I guarantee you at that time. forums will explode again. At the moment, I am very appreciative of all those dedicated fans continuing provide updates about Yuna's life including photos etc. Thank you!
Yuna is dearly missed among her global fans. and her every move was followed by her fans globally, although not much discussion as before. Now we have a saying among Chinese Yuna fan club. I will try to translate it "There is a kind of love that is so deep, that stops at lips" I hope you understand what it means, maybe OS can do a better job translating it.:biggrin:

Kuan

Final Flight
I hope you are right!!! Please Skating Gods, let there be ATS next summer. :bow:
And I think I can get the meaning of that phrase (I think...)... :laugh:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I hope you are right!!! Please Skating Gods, let there be ATS next summer. :bow:
And I think I can get the meaning of that phrase (I think...)... :laugh:

On board with this! Would love to see her skate again!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Currently trying to choose a new avatar. I can't possibly decide between all these remarkable pictures of Yuna :drama:

eta: success! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Currently trying to choose a new avatar. I can't possibly decide between all these remarkable pictures of Yuna :drama:

eta: success! :biggrin:

I loved your avatar of her 3Lz outside egde. It sounds stupid, but for me it was even more beautiful then her face (if possible). :laugh:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I was shocked. Her shows are huge revenue and help her to donate to good causes. Her last skate was filled with emotion and artistically very good given her heart was so in it. I thought she would always skate shows and work on her artistry etc when jumps were not paramount.

I wonder why she stopped skating shows in Korea. It keeps her star high for all else she might do.

What is she doing these days. Huge thread here just asking for the summary. Does she have any activity skating related like owning rinks or coaching someone special in Korea? Thanks.

She's so young. Will we never see her skate again? Gee I hope so.

Last edited:

skaterr

On the Ice
When it comes to owning her rink, an individual can not own its rink in korea. Stupid rules forbid Yuna having her own rink.

I think Yuna deserve to have her own time away from skating for a while doing other stuffs. She suffered enough.

Also ATS had helped Denis Ten do his Show. So Youn participated that Show. It’s enough I guess.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I loved your avatar of her 3Lz outside egde. It sounds stupid, but for me it was even more beautiful then her face (if possible). :laugh:

No it doesn't sound stupid at all. I still can't believe you can take off like that. I know the physics, but goodness. It looks impossible- even more so when you have such a deep edge like she does :love:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I was shocked. Her shows are huge revenue and help her to donate to good causes. Her last skate was filled with emotion and artistically very good given her heart was so in it. I thought she would always skate shows and work on her artistry etc when jumps were not paramount.

I wonder why she stopped skating shows in Korea. It keeps her star high for all else she might do.

What is she doing these days. Huge thread here just asking for the summary. Does she have any activity skating related like owning rinks or coaching someone special in Korea? Thanks.

She's so young. Will we never see her skate again? Gee I hope so.

Honestly, I'm not shocked she's not doing shows. She was sick of skating towards the end and I think she's enjoying being off ice and will be for a while.

skaterr

On the Ice
when I saw your nickname in Yuna thread, I instantly knew it must be negative. hahaha but you are not a hater. I see.

Last edited:

aa456

On the Ice
Maybe she just wants to take a break? Or she couldn't make time for ATS due to prior commitments like school and youth olympics? Like many of you I hope she brings back the shows. I would love to see her on ice again. Plus it may reignite interest in FS in Korea before the olympics.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Maybe she just wants to take a break? Or she couldn't make time for ATS due to prior commitments like school and youth olympics? Like many of you I hope she brings back the shows. I would love to see her on ice again. Plus it may reignite interest in FS in Korea before the olympics.

Exactly my thoughts. I've been thinking she'd be way to busy with other commitments to have another show right now. Especially with the 2018 olympics coming up (ugh, the korean Olympic committee better not mess this up :disapp: ). Perhaps we may see a show after this.