Yuna Kim | Page 236 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Seeing her skate at the Olympic arena just gave me chills, tho she won't be competing, I do hope she does a performance at the exhibition event :D

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I know I will cry so hard seeing her do that lmao :laugh: Just seeing her is enough for me :sad21:

Me too, totally. Somehow I didn't expect her to award medal, I haven't thought of it, and I don't know why. Because it's quite obvious that she goes there... it's in her home country, and as an ambassador of PyeongChang to attend the event in an official role is now quite obligatory for her too.

I can't wait for 4CC.....:yahoo:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Me too, totally. Somehow I didn't expect her to award medal, I haven't thought of it, and I don't know why. Because it's quite obvious that she goes there... it's in her home country, and as an ambassador of PyeongChang to attend the event in an official role is now quite obligatory for her too.

I can't wait for 4CC.....:yahoo:

I had a dream that Yuna performed on 4CC :bed: And yeah, I also didn't expect her to do that maybe because it wasn't so long since she retired and I've never really heard about former skater (especially on Yuna's caliber) do that but I'm happy and excited for 4CC, even more now!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I had a dream that Yuna performed on 4CC :bed: And yeah, I also didn't expect her to do that maybe because it wasn't so long since she retired and I've never really heard about former skater (especially on Yuna's caliber) do that but I'm happy and excited for 4CC, even more now!
Maybe your dream will come true, not now but a year later. :) I am sure she will have an extra special role in the opening/closing ceremonies and in the fs events too. I rewatched her four olympic programs today and can't help but think about how I love her skating and how happy I am every time I see her :)

RABID

Final Flight
Seeing her skate at the Olympic arena just gave me chills, tho she won't be competing, I do hope she does a performance at the exhibition event :D

I know I am not the only one but I would so love to see this mature version of Yuna Kim skate her Lark Ascending program again even if it was an abbreviated, exhibition performance. Youtube would blow up!:love:

ava

On the Ice
I know I am not the only one but I would so love to see this mature version of Yuna Kim skate her Lark Ascending program again even if it was an abbreviated, exhibition performance. Youtube would blow up!:love:

This could be interesting. I find her 2012 ATS version of Tango de Roxanne much more polished and sophisticated.

breadstal

Record Breaker

This is such a good idea :love: I also thought about El Tango de Roxanne because this year's Worlds, will mark 10 years since Yuna broke first WR with this iconic program :hap85:

Last edited:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia

The best of Yuna, Gershwin, Danse Macabre, Tango etc all into this one epic program! She doesn't need to do all the jumps, just the artistry and presence we remember her by :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am missing Yuna so much, especially just having watched the US nationals. I take so much comfort in seeing her everywhere these days in these young skaters.

I would love Karen Chen get to goto the 4CC, even the possibility of getting a medals from Yuna her skating idol. Surely... I am not the only one seeing the nods to her influences in her program this year. e.g Her choreography just before her last spin for example was rather Adios Noninno like, aspect of Tango de Roxanne. Same boots problems, overcoming injuries and the fact she cares great deal about artistry, good basics and techniques in general. Attacking her program with massive jumps, 3lz3t, big 2A. The program construct/contrast between short and long, ice and fire, costumes etc..

Yuna on ice... dare we hope?

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
How is is possible that I haven't seen this vid before?:eeking:

I want to post it here because Yuna looks sensationally gorgeous and cheerful, not to mention that Brian also looks like a perfect James Bond :laugh: