Yuna Kim | Page 237 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
How is is possible that I haven't seen this vid before?:eeking:

I want to post it here because Yuna looks sensationally gorgeous and cheerful, not to mention that Brian also looks like a perfect James Bond :laugh:

Gosh, this brings back so many memories. I remember waking up every other day to a new advert, commercial, or behind-the-scenes footage of Yuna. She was EVERYWHERE and I loved every second of it (though Yuna may have not liked it as much). I know she's trying to live a more private life now...but man, I miss her.

lappo

Final Flight
This is such a good idea :love: I also thought about El Tango de Roxanne because this year's Worlds, will mark 10 years since Yuna broke first WR with this iconic program :hap85:

I didn't think about that, this is actually a great idea and so...she could save her magnificent "Homage to Korea" for the Olympic opening next year!!!! Seriously, that program is the best LP she ever had and I really want her to skate it big!
Yuna is sorely missed, I look at the current field and no, none of them has that thing that sparkled my interest in FS.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Yes, I agree! She could skate to Lark Ascending and Homage to Korea. TLA is such an underrated gem, Yuna skated to it with so much maturity and musicality. It would be awesome to see the program ten years later (never mind the jumps, her movements and easier spins would do it perfectly ;))
And Homage to Korea would be the perfect ending of the Olympics.

lappo I agree, I watch the current ladies field and though there are many many talented young women I like but none of them come close to Yuna. Without her it's not the same for me. For a couple of years now I have more interest in the men's field, they are way more exciting than the ladies.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I am missing Yuna so much, especially just having watched the US nationals. I take so much comfort in seeing her everywhere these days in these young skaters.

I would love Karen Chen get to goto the 4CC, even the possibility of getting a medals from Yuna her skating idol. Surely... I am not the only one seeing the nods to her influences in her program this year. e.g Her choreography just before her last spin for example was rather Adios Noninno like, aspect of Tango de Roxanne. Same boots problems, overcoming injuries and the fact she cares great deal about artistry, good basics and techniques in general. Attacking her program with massive jumps, 3lz3t, big 2A. The program construct/contrast between short and long, ice and fire, costumes etc..

Yuna on ice... dare we hope?

Oh I was thinking that too! The running edge and the little leg bend out of the jumps are also reminding me of Yuna a lot. :) Karen has picked the right role model to emulate, because if she keeps this up, Yuna will be very proud. :love:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I guess Yuna x Bogum collab is selling well and I'm enjoying it, they look cute together :drama: I'm thankful to Korea for still loving her and giving her endorsements so we can see her at least do that :sad4:

lappo

Final Flight
Plus, this appeared some days ago on the main Italian newspapers: http://www.corriere.it/sport/17_gen...ce-1f783c8a-d124-11e6-bd06-82890b12aab1.shtml

They call her the Divine! :laugh: They say that all political questions were avoided (North Korea dictatorship, the current prime minister scandal, Sochi); she says that she doesn't miss the ice, that she only wears skates when she helps the younger skaters and that she fills she has realized herself as an athlete. Plus she hopes for peace for the two countries.
They mention that Hillary Clinton interrupted a meeting with Korean functionaries to watch her in Vancouver and greatly praised her for showing the best part of a little known country. Some mentions of youngsters, mainly You.
I'll tell you, it is quite remarkable that the newspapers takes into account FS (this season they bothered to mention Caro return at "old age", Caro in Euro and that's it...to give some perspective, some soccer matches take the first place of the journal sometimes, before political news)...so I'm really pleased that they choose to talk about her! :luv17:
I miss her a lot, I found her marvelous and with so much fire within. It is a true pity that people tried to pressure her in every possible way, maybe if they hadn't she would be still skating in galas and have a great post competitive career like Shizuka.