Yuzu’s future? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuzu’s future?

skatefan17

On the Ice
I would love to see him mentor Jun Hwan Cha who's pretty similar to Yuzu himself. They were absolutely together during the gala practices at the Olympics and I'm so down for more cute interactions.

Together, as in a couple? I never hear this said, but does Yuzuru have a boyfriend?

trevortryst

Match Penalty
I honestly think he wants to go for 2022 and a 3rd gold. Whether his body will hold up to allow that is anyones guess.

Skatefan17, I don't think this is what WineHerUp meant. And, to be clear Yuzu is straight, he's been asked about it before, although I think it was so impolite of the person that asked such a question. Peoples' private life is their private life :furious:

So bringing this quote from Yuzuru´s recent book, because is relevant when talking about Yuzuru´s future
Credit to Interspectator for the find

Anyone want to go to that school? :)

I want to register :) Actually because I'm moving I'm looking for a new ice rink/coach but I don't think there is a way to lure Yuzu to California. I agree with Plumededragon that Yuzu will be back in Japan for coaching.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I want to register :) Actually because I'm moving I'm looking for a new ice rink/coach but I don't think there is a way to lure Yuzu to California. I agree with Plumededragon that Yuzu will be back in Japan for coaching.

Yes he will be back in Japan, but I do think you can convince him to do some tours teaching...

He could, yes. That would also give him experience. :) Brian still does it during summer, for example (like in Spain).

I have a Russian skating friend, we both are so into skating and improving our skills. Recently, we were joking a lot about attending Brian Orser's workshops before getting 80 years old :biggrin:

Two weeks of rest and three weeks of rehab? Hell, someone’s contact the TCSCC and give them the SynchroFam’s address. There’s a spare room he can use, and he can spend his days with Yuzudaughter, playing with Pooh stuffies, listening to Prince CDs, watching Yuri on Ice, giving her pointers on how to fix her 1Flutz into a proper 1Lz, do science experiments like making a volcano using paper mache, vinegar and water (she loves science), and most importantly, he can politely explain to her why it isn’t nice to say such mean things about Shoma all the time.

:rofl:

ETA: I am legitimately busting a gut laughing, just from the mental picture in my head of this scenario actually happening. :laugh2:

If I may be serious, perhaps Yuzu will take Stephen Gogolev under his wing and prime him to be the next big thing. ;)

:laugh2: I have to say unfortunately his anime taste is so different from yours or Yuzudaughter. His favourite anime is "Tokyo ghouls" about a new species of humans, i.e. ghouls, that can only eat human flesh as food :biggrin:

P.S. they can also drink black coffee ;)

kiches

Final Flight
To be honest I always had the impression that Yuzu wouldn’t restrict himself to teaching only in Japan. He’s the type I think that would like to pay it forward and he’s credited many foreign skaters for helping him, and of course the Cricket Club in Canada. I’m sure he’ll travel and coach around the world with a base in Japan, maybe help at the Cricket Club for a while, and maybe one day he’ll try to open an operation of his own in Japan.

To be honest I always had the impression that Yuzu wouldn’t restrict himself to teaching only in Japan. He’s the type I think that would like to pay it forward and he’s credited many foreign skaters for helping him, and of course the Cricket Club in Canada. I’m sure he’ll travel and coach around the world with a base in Japan, maybe help at the Cricket Club for a while, and maybe one day he’ll try to open an operation of his own in Japan.
With these talks about coaching I dare to share my guts feeling that he's not done yet. He is going to go to 2022 and win his 3rd title. I know it seems unrealistic now but the change of rules are really in his favour. Then, he needs to rest and not compete which will fire hime up. And, if he lands the 4A he will not be able to restrain his competitive soul. I said myself that it may look unrealistic now but let's see, I feel he is going to continue to change this sport still as a competitor for the next four years.

kiches

Final Flight
With these talks about coaching I dare to share my guts feeling that he's not done yet. He is going to go to 2022 and win his 3rd title. I know it seems unrealistic now but the change of rules are really in his favour. Then, he needs to rest and not compete which will fire hime up. And, if he lands the 4A he will not be able to restrain his competitive soul. I said myself that it may look unrealistic now but let's see, I feel he is going to continue to change this sport still as a competitor for the next four years.

I definitely don’t think he’s done yet either as a competitive skater (though Beijing may be a stretch).

These are thoughts for 10+ years from now 😉.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:laugh2: I have to say unfortunately his anime taste is so different from yours or Yuzudaughter. His favourite anime is "Tokyo ghouls" about a new species of humans, i.e. ghouls, that can only eat human flesh as food :biggrin:

P.S. they can also drink black coffee ;)

LOL, clearly she still has a lot to learn. She’s a Sailor Moon fan, but then again, what white North American girl wasn’t into Sailor Moon at one point? :laugh: Granted, for her generation, the majority of her friends and classmates and skating teammates have never heard of Sailor Moon - last Halloween she was Sailor Mars, and the year before, she was Sailor Moon. Both years, she’s had to explain to a lot of other kids who she was dressed up as.

She’s also starting to read some Magna and watch Dragonball Super with my manfriend/newdaughter’s father, but again, that seems more like the mainstream, ubiquitous Japanese media that everyone over here has heard about, not the more niche genres you’d find in Japan.