Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 272 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

giulia95

Medalist
There's a giant mascot thingy standing right behind him, and still I think the most hilarious aspect of this picture is the tiny Pooh back there :laugh: (I'll never be able to look at anything red and yellow again without giggling. I can't even drive past McDonalds without snickering anymore)

:agree:

the kid hasn't changed , he's himself as usual , but now he has a social /political role which he takes very seriously.. skating and life are strongly enlaced together in Yuzu's case , it's amazing! :points:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
what the... :laugh: what on earth was that sound? trying to whistle? imitating pigeons?
I think he was trying to imitate pigs.:biggrin:
you know, I've read that "Yuzoo" pun somewhere on tumblr before, I just didn't think that I'd have to take it quite so literal :biggrin: silly me, the yellow bear was a pretty obvious hint... maybe that's it, maybe that's what communicating with Pooh sounds like in his head :laugh:
God, my brain really is broken... actually it would be more fitting to say that my brain's gone mushy,that would kinda combine cause and effect. The other day I tried to write the word "usually" and didn't understand why the spell check kept marking it as wrong, until I realized that I should probably just stop writing"yuzually" (*head, meet wall* *repeat if necessary*)

Nicky_10

Rinkside
what the... :laugh: what on earth was that sound? trying to whistle? imitating pigeons?
I think he was trying to imitate pigs.:biggrin:
you know, I've read that "Yuzoo" pun somewhere on tumblr before, I just didn't think that I'd have to take it quite so literal :biggrin: silly me, the yellow bear was a pretty obvious hint... maybe that's it, maybe that's what communicating with Pooh sounds like in his head :laugh:
God, my brain really is broken... actually it would be more fitting to say that my brain's gone mushy,that would kinda combine cause and effect. The other day I tried to write the word "usually" and didn't understand why the spell check kept marking it as wrong, until I realized that I should probably just stop writing"yuzually" (*head, meet wall* *repeat if necessary*)

I think pigs are out of question since they make "bu bu" in Japanese and not "turururu" so pigeons, or communicating with Pooh would sound more likely! We'll hopefully know tomorrow, when someone kind uploaded the whole part of what they're going to show on TV :laugh:

Esopian

Final Flight
I have no idea why I find this so funny, but it just is :biggrin: he's singing and pseudo-dancing and jumping and Orser behind him, holding Pooh, dead serious... I'm the only one still laughing, aren't I? :laugh:

I got lost watching the past videos of Hanyu preparing to skate because he's so unpredictable. I am honestly laughing with you!! :laugh:

The other guys competing (i.e. Machida, Chan, Kovtun, Han Yan) look so serious, and you just see Hanyu half-smiling without a care in the world, totally into his music, semi-dancing and jumping.

I think that's the moment you know he'll have a good performance: when he looks pretty relaxed before skating, at least compared to the other guys. :agree:

echotpe

On the Ice
【photo】Yuzu is on cover of Figure Skating Team Japan 2014 Memorial.

Pretty good shot this time! (I think the editor might changed the cover selection urgently as the TOI just was held last weekend. GJ!)

He has grown up a determined man beyond sports, especially in past four months after Sochi. Incredible!

edit:

Photographer Noto Sunao confirmed his three shots in TOI selected to replace the original photos of the Mook (Figure Skating Team Japan 2014 Memorial), including Yuzu's cover one.
http://www.skijournal.co.jp/search/detail.php?ID=2996

echotpe

On the Ice
【news】Before Figure Skating Exhibition of Beppu tomorrow, Yuzu and others skaters attended a half day skating class for children.

news video (not good quality but find only so far!)
photos collections

highlights:

* Yuzu and Akkio visited head of Oita-ken.
 They urged to set up a skating camp base and rink to take advantage of Beppu's hot spring resources.
* Yuzu will skate in collaboration with female singer GILLE.

* Plushy as a teacher in children skating class.
 Another video from Yana.