Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 273 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

mikaboo

Medalist
Thanks as always echotpe. I have a feeling that Pamina will like the last 20 seconds of the video :biggrin:
It seems like Yuzuru's obsession with kendama is spreading to Miki as well.
He said that it has a lot in common with skating. Is that why they are all good at it?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but here is the preview of Together on Ice to be aired on June 23rd in Sendai.

And Dreams on Ice will be aired on Fuji TV on June 29th (30th, to be exact) in the Kanto region.:yay:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Before Figure Skating Exhibition of Beppu tomorrow, Yuzu and others skaters attended a half day skating class for children.
can I please get lots and lots of videos from that? :love:

I have a feeling that Pamina will like the last 20 seconds of the video :biggrin:
now why would you say that? :eek:: no idea what you're talking about
I see I've established a reputation. What's it been, four months? Not my personal best, but still not bad :laugh:

hehe, what happened to the slice of bread suddenly ?
I'll have you know that bread is somewhat of a cultural treasure in my country, so, there's that :biggrin: I have an excuse, I'm predisposed due to cultural heritage. (we love bread so much, we even put one on children's tv and then accidentally turned it into something that adults love way more than children)

SuzyQ

Medalist
Thanks as always echotpe. I have a feeling that Pamina will like the last 20 seconds of the video :biggrin:
It seems like Yuzuru's obsession with kendama is spreading to Miki as well.
He said that it has a lot in common with skating. Is that why they are all good at it?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but here is the preview of Together on Ice to be aired on June 23rd in Sendai.

And Dreams on Ice will be aired on Fuji TV on June 29th (30th, to be exact) in the Kanto region.:yay:

Thank you mikaboo and echotpe for the information :clap:

Yuzuru is giving an advice to a girl in the video about 2 Salchow, "Jump just like 'Shu' !" :rofl:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is giving an advice to a girl in the video about 2 Salchow, "Jump just like 'Shu' !" :rofl:
what, and nothing about how you shouldn't hit any walls? :laugh: that poor girl only got half the story, how will she ever know how to SHU properly?

mikaboo

Medalist
what, and nothing about how you shouldn't hit any walls? :laugh: that poor girl only got half the story, how will she ever know how to SHU properly?

Give the guy some credit. He said SHU! and GU! :biggrin:

I'll have you know that bread is somewhat of a cultural treasure in my country, so, there's that :biggrin: I have an excuse, I'm predisposed due to cultural heritage. (we love bread so much, we even put one on children's tv and then accidentally turned it into something that adults love way more than children)

Is your bernd das brot anything like our Shokupanman?

HQ video of the skating lesson here.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Give the guy some credit. He said SHU! and GU! :biggrin:
I absolutely would have, if I had understood him :laugh:
I'll just go brush up on my nonexistent Japanese, shouldn't take more than an hour, right?
So, does GU! mean he wouldn't purposefully let little girls crash into walls? Good to know :laugh: well, Daisuke did say that Yuzuru's a gentlemen towards the ladies, I guess that goes for all ages.

Is your bernd das brot anything like our Shokupanman?
More like the complete opposite :laugh: but judge for yourself, I just realized that Bernd actually has an English wikipedia article (which I find utterly hilarious in and of itself)

HQ video of the skating lesson here.
thanks for the link, they're all just so adorable! :biggrin: (anybody else notice the little girl in the pink shirt and black skirt in the background, casually skate-walking all over the place <3 )

echotpe

On the Ice
Wow, it seemed that some people were entertained by young man's special PW show. :laugh: A happy Friday Night, don't you? (in my time zone, it's midnight!)

By the way, I read the information that one of missions that Yuzu visited the mayor of Beppu was to present the gratitude. Because of 311 earthquake, Beppu supported thousands of hot spring power packs to Miyagi disaster areas. Continue his journey of ambassador nationwide!

Oh thank you, wonder what Noda said about Yuzuru when being questioned
Noda said Yuzu is into playing the bilboquet (cup-and-ball game) in back stage of ice shows and even plays it while skating warm-up. I'm not familiar with the game. But it seems quite popular in Japan.

SuzyQ

Medalist
He probably wanted to mean,

Shu ! (Jump swiftly) and Gu ! (Quickly make a thin rotation axis).

Just my guess :p

mikaboo

Medalist
^^ Oops, echotpe has replied to you already. But I'll just leave this here.

Oh thank you, wonder what Noda said about Yuzuru when being questioned

They were asked if they knew eachother's secrets and Nobu said that Yuzuru is really into kendama and he does it backstage at ice shows all the time. Nobu was influenced by Yuzuru and has been doing it also. He just succeeded in the "kensashi" (I think it's what he showed us) technique for the first time in his life under Yuzuru's guidance. He said that Yuzuru is really good at kendama.
Asked to demonstrate, Yuzuru takes out his own kendama that he bought and after he succeeds, Nobu asks him why he didn't make the "doya-gao" expression on his face like he usually does. ("doya-gao" is his show off face)
Yuzuru has been doing kendama for about a month and what he just did is a beginner's technique and nothing to be impressed about. He's practicing all sorts of tricks. He even practices it on ice and is practicing equally hard for skating and kendama.
After Nobu does his trick, he is asked if there is anything in common between kendama and skating and Nobu says that he and Yuzuru were saying that the use of the knees and rhythm are similar.

The last question was, do they want to be figure skaters in the next life.
Nobu: Yes, without a doubt.
Akiko: Yes, but as a male skater so she can be popular with the girls.
Yuzuru: Yes, but with reluctance. He actually wants to do other sports, but not kendama.
-------------

We may soon see him skating with a kendama for his exhibition program. :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist
By the way, I read the information that one of missions that Yuzu visited the mayor of Beppu was to present the gratitude. Because of 311 earthquake, Beppu supported thousands of hot spring power packs to Miyagi disaster areas. Continue his journey of ambassador nationwide!

How admirable. I hope he's not putting too much responsibility on himself.

He probably wanted to mean,

Shu ! (Jump swiftly) and Gu ! (Quickly make a thin rotation axis).

Just my guess :p

Good guessing. I think you are better at explaining than he is :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
【news】Before Figure Skating Exhibition of Beppu tomorrow, Yuzu and others skaters attended a half day skating class for children.

news video (not good quality but find only so far!)
photos collections

highlights:

* Yuzu and Akkio visited head of Oita-ken.
 They urged to set up a skating camp base and rink to take advantage of Beppu's hot spring resources.
* Yuzu will skate in collaboration with female singer GILLE.

* Plushy as a teacher in children skating class.
 Another video from Yana.

Thanks for the updates echotpe ;)

Esopian

Final Flight
What a great way to start in the EX in Beppu!

The skating lesson looked really adorable, especially with Plushenko showing a little kid how to fall then get back up again. :biggrin:

Also, the interview about Kendama and the girl asking him to give advice about jumps was really funny! (note to the tiny skaters: don't ask Yuzu to explain jumps to you) :laugh:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
According to this fan report, during the skating class Yuzuru helped children to put on their skating boots and even ran to change ones cause they didn't fit the child.
He's truly very kind to children.

Haha, I'm glad Yuzuru didn't advice the girl something like "imagine yourself crushing into a wall", bless him.