Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

foruiz

Final Flight
I hope not, :bang: that outfit ranks as the top worst that I have seen of him. Was that posted here before? I think I have seen it somewhere.

I am amused with the bipolar opposites that we see in the CMs, on one hand we have him classically simple and handsomely clothed MH and Amino Vital then hideously dressed Xylitol and Ghana ones.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If that product is some kind of laundry soap or bleach that would make it a very cute add!
On a second thought I know it will never be his POTO costume. Even Johnny Weir has better taste than that. It is just a "special" costume for Lotte gum. The colors are colors of Lotte brand (I occasionally use that gum anyways). What a relief (hope so) :slink:

foruiz

Final Flight
Dear Lotte, while I rejoice that you got Yuzu as your endorser please maximize his naturally given good looks instead of doing otherwise. :scratch:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well... at least with this costume Yuzuru would be able to win every competition he enters, because his rivals would not be able to skate after seeing this costume :rofl:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Pamina I was so looking forward not just to seeing Yuzuru's initial rendition of his programs in competition in Finlandia but also to your take about it upon first-hand viewing. Anyway I am glad you are still going, and I hope you will post also about the other competitors. One thing about my being a Yuzuru fan is that it has also led me to appreciate other skaters for their good skating.
tell me about it *sighs* well, my tears are starting to dry and of course I'm still going :) I'm still very much looking forward to next week

I am amused with the bipolar opposites that we see in the CMs, on one hand we have him classically simple and handsomely clothed MH and Amino Vital then hideously dressed Xylitol and Ghana ones.
my personal CM résumé so far:
Ghana: red hot mess. the only good thing about it was the behind the scenes material. that actually made me wanna go and get some chocolate, because seeing how he just can't stop eating that stuff :laugh: kinda contagious.
Monster Hunter: that one I actually liked because it seemed so natural. even in the actual commercial you can see that he just really likes playing the game.
Amino Vital: is it just me or is that thing extremely effective? *drops* you don't even have to understand the words, but they really did a great job creating an atmosphere with simple pictures and music.

Just kill me please. Here I am praying that monstrosity is not his costume for POTO.
I would totally help you out there, but I just can't stop laughing :laugh: that thing, omg, it's just so... :rofl:

SuzyQ

Medalist
It’s always hard, but this translation is hard again as Yuzuru’s words are rather abstract.

Yuzuru, what do you mean exactly by 滑っている感覚 Subette iru kankaku? :scratch:

Although I put “feel or sense while skating”, if anyone has any idea, please just advise me.

WORLD FIGURE SKATING 65:

Yuzuru Hanyu:

I believe we have no measure.
(Part 1/5 - maybe :p )

Question: You are doing a sort of ice show marathon in this off-season.
Yuzuru: Never ending show rush (laughs). Once it is settled, I will be able to be back to Toronto and finally start my practice.
Q: You have unveiled your SP of the new season, “Chopin Ballade No. 1”, before others. It is a very difficult composition with 3A at the beginning, and 4T as well as 3Lz+3T in the latter half of the program. It seems to be a program to open a new door in the aspect of expression.
Y: Its choreographer is Jeffrey Buttle and we left everything to Jeff, including the selection of music as well as the choreography. The sense or feel while skating is what I place the most importance on. As to the sense while skating, I’m feeling this SP is very difficult. In the first place, since it is a piano piece, I think I must make it structured, being conscious of the posture, toes, etc.
Q: Is it OK now for you to talk about your FP?
Y: Yes. My new FP is “Phantom of the Opera,” with the music arranged according to the story of Phantom.
Q: Did you select the music?
Y: I always loved the music of “Phantom of the Opera.” It became my favorite when I saw the film “Phantom of the Opera” in my music class that I was taking as an elective class of the second grade of junior high. It gave me a strong impression, and I have kept saying to my coach(es?) that I want to use it. But, as there are so many skaters have used it including men’s skaters such as Patrick and Daisuke, there had not been a chance. I can use it at last. Also, lyrics are allowed to be used from this season, and I thought it might give a fresh image.
Q: Do you have a different feel when skating to music with lyrics?
Y: I don’t think there is much difference. Because what we actually do would not be different at all. The impression of music might be different, or the facial expression of the skater might become easier to grasp. I read an interview of Tatsuki Machida in a magazine, and I am quite agree with him, that is, there is a possibility that lyrics would constrain skaters, for example, in case a sad melody has cheerful lyrics, the skater might need to make a cheerful facial expression. Lyrics could extend the skater’s range of expression, but, there is also a possibility they could narrow the range. I think it all depends on the person who uses the music.
Q: Is there any part or aspect that you go into the program story through lyrics?
Y: I’m not so conscious of lyrics myself. Although there are many parts choreographed with an awareness of lyrics, when it comes to whether I would only perform the role of Phantom, the answer may be “No”. It’s not everything. I may be trying to catch the background sound of the song for sure. Actually, this is what we have to develop further for the last-minute details after this, but I don’t think lyrics would affect that much.
Q: Who is the choreographer?
Y: Shae-Lynn (Bourne). It had proceeded between Brian and Shae-Lynn while I was unaware (laughs). It was not me who intended to request her, but Brian was thinking about Shae-Lynn (as the choreographer) since last year, and invited her to the Cricket Club in January. Brian was so willing to make me perform her program, and it was like having been decided to Shae-Lynn almost before I realized it.
Q: Is that for learning new things?
Y: I think so. It was the first time I worked with her, and it was actually difficult. The first thing I felt difficulty was that we had to start from talks like; “What moves are you good at?” As for SP, Jeff has choreographed for me once, and we kept polishing it up for 2 years. It is true that it was easier for me really to do his new program as well.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Q: Who is the choreographer?
Y: Shae-Lynn (Bourne). It had proceeded between Brian and Shae-Lynn while I was unaware (laughs). It was not me who intended to request her, but Brian was thinking about Shae-Lynn (as the choreographer) since last year, and invited her to the Cricket Club in January. Brian was so willing to make me perform her program, and it was like having been decided to Shae-Lynn almost before I realized it.
So, his "break up" with Wilson wasn´t his decision.

Interesting.

Thanks for the translation.

sunnybear

Rinkside
This is intriguing... All along I thought it was Yuzu that wanted to switch choreographers.

Glad that he made the change though! :thumbsup: Wilson's not really the choreographer for Yuzu IMO...

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think working with Shae-Lynn is a good move for Yuzu. She's challenging him ...well to be him (and to be more artistic ofc)! I actually wondered if her choreography suits Yuzu better. Hmm we'll see!

jace93

On the Ice
This is intriguing... All along I thought it was Yuzu that wanted to switch choreographers.

Glad that he made the change though! :thumbsup: Wilson's not really the choreographer for Yuzu IMO...

while I agree whit you,reading various interview it seems that Yuzuru has a great respect for David Willson both as a person and a professional, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he happened to go back to him for coreography, even though his programs with other choreographer are more well received...

unico

Final Flight
If that product is some kind of laundry soap or bleach that would make it a very cute add!
Oh how I wish it was for bleach so that I could bleach that outfit from my memory !!!(not enough exclamation points in the world) But it's actually advertising chewing gum :)

@SuzyQ thank you so much for the translation!! :hb::yes:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Oh how I wish it was for bleach so that I could bleach that outfit from my memory !!!(not enough exclamation points in the world) But it's actually advertising chewing gum :)

@SuzyQ thank you so much for the translation!! :hb::yes:

Ohhh so it will make your teeth as white as his costume then.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Aminovital CM:
'Progress' version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7Kh-EJLZ0
'Determination' version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-zVpBE-GI

Seems first one won't be aired on TV.

Yuzuru looks so cool :love:

I love this CM! It's a very athlete-y CM.

But what if it is Black with gold lace? that's not so bad.

IDK if it was all black maybe. Actually the color combo on a suit wouldn't look soo bad (like in that fanart)

So, his "break up" with Wilson wasn´t his decision.

Interesting.

Thanks for the translation.

Well, Brian isn't oblivious, if we noticed, he noticed. I think the problem was Yuzuru obviously respects and loves Wilson as a person, and Wilson obviously likes Yuzuru too. That's not always a good thing. Compromise can be terrible for art, and Wilson probably formed a comfort-zone for him (like how he says it was difficult to start with a new person from the beginning), especially if he was at the rink a lot, that's super convenient (and probably what he was used to with Nanami). Brian probably realized he needed to step in or it would go nowhere. And if he was planning it since last year, I bet Wilson probably only got to choreo twice because it can always get worse, and better not to take too many risks/put Yuzuru out of ease for Oly season.

darazam

On the Ice
http://release.nikkei.co.jp/detail.cfm?relID=370812&lindID=4 - press release about Xylitol White, new Lotte's chewing gum. Start of sales is planned for 10/21. Target group — women aged 20-30. Design of new product uses white and gold.

That press release doesn't mention Yuzuru, but I'm afraid we'll have to bear with that outfit and golden lace for real... On a brighter note this means it's not POTO outfit :p