Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

echotpe

On the Ice
【article】Why Yuzu stands motionless at the beginning of Ballade 1?

Jeffrey Buttle told his concept of choreography in World Figure Skating No 65 (published on August). This is a long but readable article. Sorry I can just make a summarized translation in this part rather than a full one last weekend.;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1601279_10204002899007770_4225806489397364386_n.jpg?oh=7d7cdfa882613842893e7b756649fd8f&oe=548ACE7D&__gda__=1418346541_c67057ae6654f75c0b738a305eaac758

Jeffrey watched Yuzu’s emerging status so carefully. When choreographing the Ballade 1 program, he tried to put aside all mundane affairs Yuzu was bearing, and then keep one theme –

On ice, only skating;
On ice, only a Yuzuru Hanyu as skater, not a Hanyu with any title.

Somehow I think Yuzu is very lucky to meet good coaches, training mates since all the way. Now I’m even glad to see his choreographer also put his sensible and considerate feeling in this program.

Q: The initial scene, Yuzuru was not moved for a while. He listened to the music with standing motionless. Audience has also been drawn to the music at same time. What's the intention of choreography you tried to tell?

A: At beginning of music, piano voice was very strong. Although I tried to make some moves at first, none of them was suitable. It was difficult to tell a theme of the program in first 20 seconds. So, I tried to keep him still.

Theme of the program would be determined by it. The attention of everyone gathered on him, standing in the middle of ice, even the faint sound of pin fall was also likely to hear.

This is the message that I wanted to draw.

After the Olympics, he was in the condition like octopus pulling, requests have been also come from here and there and focused on him. When I listened to the introductory part of music, Yuzu was been pulling into all directions, and his figure under the strains was floated to my mind. Thus, I just wanted to tell the music itself.

When the moment he began to move, no matter how many obligations to bear and how much work that required his physical strength and time, the special moment of him only on ice has begun. And all the other things would be getting better -- It is not just symbolized such a thing, and it is also for all skating.

In addition, he chose of jumping 4T in the second half. This is a decision that should be respected, and it was also matching well to the music.

smasma

On the Ice
Someone told me this article has some details about Yuzuru's injury. But to read the rest of it you have to register an account. I don't understand Japanese much so I will post it here, I hope some Japanese poster will help us: http://astand.asahi.com/magazine/wrnational/special/2014092600009.html
Thank you in advance.

We have to paid in order to continue to read the article. I wish someone has a paid account and can tell us what they say.

I thought it's because the length of his Ballade No 1 cut is longer than 2:50s. That's why he had to hold still at first. :slink:

人生は七転び八起きだ! (Life is full of ups and downs !)

Ouch! :eek::biggrin:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice

Jeffrey Buttle told his concept of choreography in World Figure Skating No 65 (published on August). This is a long but readable article. Sorry I can just make a summarized translation in this part rather than a full one last weekend.;)

Somehow I think Yuzu is very lucky to meet good coaches, training mates since all the way. Now I’m even glad to see his choreographer also put his sensible and considerate feeling in this program.

JB is an amazing choreographer and skater in his own right. I am glad Yuzuru is working with him! :) I hope to see HY perform this at COC in a few weeks time!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yuzuru should be okay for the GP... or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm worried if he'll be physically ready due to the weeks of rest. But even if he's not at his best, I think he'll win nonetheless. I just hope he doesn't strain himself with that crazy LP layout.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yuzuru should be okay for the GP... or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm worried if he'll be physically ready due to the weeks of rest. But even if he's not at his best, I think he'll win nonetheless. I just hope he doesn't strain himself with that crazy LP layout.
Not sure about him being okay for the GP. one or two titles this season don't worth his health IMO.
Anyways, someone from the other forum has just replied about the article:
yude said:
according to people who read it, there was no new info about his injury but Yuzuru has (had?) boot problem (he has three boots but only one fits him).

ser22

On the Ice
Not sure about him being okay for the GP. one or two titles this season don't worth his health IMO.
Anyways, someone from the other forum has just replied about the article:

Should only think positively. He'll be fine. We must believe in it.:agree:

unico

Final Flight
Considering that he withdrew from Finlandia as a precaution to avoid actual serious injury (it was just a recommended by his physician iirc?), I think he'll be fine in time for CoC and NHK. I'm not too worried about his SP but I am a bit about how ready his LP will be... But at the same time I can console myself that his LPs aren't usually in that great shape during GP events anyway :laugh:

Overall, I have faith that he'll do fine and I'll be seeing him at the GPF ;) I think it's good that he's become a lot more conscious of his body/health because going forward his body will only grow older and powering through injuries will only work for so long haha.

bibi1899

Rinkside
As I read from other forum regarding the article, the reporter said he has three boots in Japan but one boot doesn't suit him.Anyway, he should be OK with boots problem since he has three boots at least.....that's quite amazing since his boot does cost a lot....

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Of course I'd much rather he withdraw than going and making the injury worse (even if he did win both GPs + GPF). I'm just worried Yuzuru himself won't feel the same way. :no: He's got such a great chance to dominate with Chan gone, so I'm worried he'd push himself to go no matter what. To be honest, the withdrawal from Finlandia actually makes me feel a bit relieved--it indicates that he knows when to pull back, when he needs to. But this is a Senior B event; he might feel more compelled to go when the competitions get bigger.

Add to this his crazy LP layout, and well... all I can do is hope he's healthy.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Yuzuru's FS at 2010, his senior debut and he landed a beautiful 4T there:
BBC commentary, Kurt Browning called Yuzuru "a little devil". So cute.

Thanks for the video! I hadn't seen english commentary for this performance before. I love their exclamations of surprise, they did that at 4cc too.

smasma

On the Ice
Monster Hunter 4G has yet another web only version CM: Charge Axe Version (15s)
http://youtu.be/3353V78msXM

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Overall, I have faith that he'll do fine and I'll be seeing him at the GPF ;) I think it's good that he's become a lot more conscious of his body/health because going forward his body will only grow older and powering through injuries will only work for so long haha.

Yes, I think he'll be fine too. It does no good to worry and imagine that he'll be at CoC when injured. I have faith in him and his team that he's taking a precaution now and skipping Finlandia which is basically a warm-up event.

ser22 you are right. Positive thoughts will help him. :agree: Refrain from the negative ones people! :laugh:

ser22

On the Ice
Yes, I think he'll be fine too. It does no good to worry and imagine that he'll be at CoC when injured. I have faith in him and his team that he's taking a precaution now and skipping Finlandia which is basically a warm-up event.

ser22 you are right. Positive thoughts will help him. :agree: Refrain from the negative ones people! :laugh:

I am a pessimistic person, but now I'm trying to stay positive. I have to believe it will be good. If not me, then who? After all, I am a fan, it is my job.
I believed that he would be Olympic and world champion. Now his Olympic and world champion.
The new LP layout will have to if you want to win the Olympics in 2018.
We will succeed him.
That's it.:agree:

ngml

Rinkside
Apologies if I am going off topic.....I am going Osaka end Nov, supposedly to catch NHK trophy but failed to get the tickets. Anyway, will still be going to Osaka and may want to buy his DVDs, memorial stamp collection. Can anyone advise me where to get these items ? Are the stamps only available through pre-order ?

Thanks

Darjaille

Rinkside
Apologies if I am going off topic.....I am going Osaka end Nov, supposedly to catch NHK trophy but failed to get the tickets. Anyway, will still be going to Osaka and may want to buy his DVDs, memorial stamp collection. Can anyone advise me where to get these items ? Are the stamps only available through pre-order ?

Thanks

Did you try places like these for the tickets? http://ticket.co.jp/sys/d/4902.htm You'll find a few not overpriced ones (although probably not great spots). Not sure if it's possible to purchase from overseas (I'd used convenience store paying, and they deliver the ticket to your home address so probably only Japan) but maybe you could have someone there buy it for you? :)