Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 567 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sigh...I've had enough worry this season to age me 10 years (something I can't afford..). I'll trust him and his team to have learned their lesson from CoC and not push it especially for something like the WTT.
But I think its a consensus that this is officially the worst season ever right? :scowl: From the very start (Finlandia) to the very end (WTT).....
Yes, his worst season ever and he still manage to win another GPF Gold and National Title and silver medal at WC. ;)
I am worried for him, to be honest. I hope to see him smile at WTT, truly enjoy it and no ice shows (or just a few) this summer. He needs a loooooooooooooooong rest.

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
It seems Yuzu has some inflammation on the his abdominal cut because some dissolvable stitches failed to dissolve. So he will need another small surgery to remove those stitches. But considering WTT is approaching, he decided to delay the surgery.

Oh, my God...another bad news !!! Did not learn to put his health first ?

giulia95

Medalist
If the news is an April's fool I think it's a horrible joke.

If it's true it sounds like Yuzu has a stitch granuloma in the abdominal muscolar fascia /muscle, which needs a very little skin cut to be removed in local anesthesia. It doesn't sound much worryng because the stitch is supposed to be immediately under the skin, so it's superficial and not inside the abdominal cavity .

It was worse when he posponed the surgery having an infection in the abdomen to compete in JN, it was a condition that involved the whole body, while in this case it seems to be a very localized , superficial problem /pain.

Last edited:

ahkeekee

Medalist
If the news is an April's fool I think it's a horrible joke.

If it's true it sounds like Yuzu has a stitch granuloma in the abdominal muscolar fascia /muscle, which needs a very little skin cut to be removed in local anesthesia. It doesn't sound much worryng because the stitch is supposed to be immediately under the skin, so it's superficial and not inside the abdominal cavity .

It was worse when he posponed the surgery having an infection in the abdomen to compete in JN, it was a condition that involved the whole body, while in this case it seems to be a very localized , superficial problem /pain.

Thanks for your info, Let's hope he'll take care of himself and skate carefully. Though I still hoped that he'll opt for his health first....

Is there a possibility that this infection will worsen if yuzu doesn't deal with it asap?

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
Thanks for your info, Let's hope he'll take care of himself and skate carefully. Though I still hoped that he'll opt for his health first....

Is there a possibility that this infection will worsen if yuzu doesn't deal with it asap?

no, If it's really a stitch granuloma... but I wonder why they made it public..:unsure:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This could be bad. I know that it can happen that absorbable surgical threads just don't absorbe and then the tissue around inflames. If this is the case (I'm really only speculating) this should be dealt with immediatly, as it only gets worse. The threads would have to be removed, maybe also tissue around and well, they shouldn't use the same type of surgical threads again.

giulia95

Medalist
This could be bad. I know that it can happen that absorbable surgical threads just don't absorbe and then the tissue around inflames. If this is the case (I'm really only speculating) this should be dealt with immediatly, as it only gets worse. The threads would have to be removed, maybe also tissue around and well, they shouldn't use the same type of surgical threads again.

The supposed stich granuloma would be quickly removed in a “normal” patient obviously , but we have to face the fact the JSF didn't use a medical certificate to stop Yuzu when his health was really at risk (COC and JN) , collision apart , an intra abdominal abscess is much more severe and potentially dangerous than a “simple” stitch granuloma under the skin (if this is the case).

JSF used the medical certificate in the less severe health situation ONLY (FT), which is quite :mad::rolleye:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
;) I think the reason Yuzuru WD from FT was that he was in Toronto by that time, so maybe someone there had enough power over him to suggest a WD. (his coach, therapist?)
Anyways, my friend who is a doctor said it's not too severe for normal people, yet he is an athlete so he needs to be more careful.

I hope to see his various reactions like this at WTT: http://kokoroai.tumblr.com/post/115154234480/this-dorky-is-bad-to-my-heart
Wish the best for him.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The supposed stich granuloma would be quickly removed in a “normal” patient obviously , but we have to face the fact the JSF didn't use a medical certificate to stop Yuzu when his health was really at risk (COC and JN) , collision apart , an intra abdominal abscess is much more severe and potentially dangerous than a “simple” stitch granuloma under the skin (if this is the case).

JSF used the medical certificate in the less severe health situation ONLY (FT), which is quite :mad::rolleye:
To me it sounds as if it is internal (they wouldn't have let him skate with an obviously inflamed scar). And the thing is, that before they open it they have no idea how bad it really is.
I wish him well and I hope that this will be dealt with immediatly.

giulia95

Medalist
;) I think the reason Yuzuru WD from FT was that he was in Toronto by that time, so maybe someone there had enough power over him to suggest a WD. (his coach, therapist?)

He,he !! I totally agree with you !

The only difference is that I believe Yuzuru Hanyu never really wanted to WD from FT because of his exceptionally strong ethics , may be the verb suggest is not the right one :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Reposting this from the "Injuries and Ills thread." AprilS (timely name and timely post ;) ) has good points we should consider before we worry ourselves to a frazzle.

But that's the question. We don't know how bad or not his condition right now is. I feel like speculating about whether he should or shouldn't compete before we're even finished speculating about what kind of condition he's even in in the first place is kind of a big :confused2:. I mean, he looks okay (though that's not necessarily an indication of how okay he is). I do kind of think parts of this forum (not just you) is overreacting from a few articles with non-JSF, non-medical, non-coaching team, etc sources.

I'm not sure whether even this, which we all want to see with YuzuKana will cheer us up a bit.

Thanks Alia! That picture of Yuzuru and Kanako (just the two of them) did cheer me up more than a bit. Despite everything they have gone through, how young and lovely they look!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
This may also prove instructive, repost from the "Injuries and Ills" thread.

... The hundreds of Japanese fans I follow on twitter aren't freaking out about this, perhaps because they, unlike us, are waiting for more reputable articles with information from more trustworthy sources about the severity of the situation. I just glimpsed over the article linked and it looks like none of this information reported has come from Hanyu, his doctors, his team, etc.

Prior to/during Worlds I did read that he's been treating inflammation with an ointment of some kind. Regarding his participation in WTT prior to the team members announcement, he said "If I go, I'll try my best. If I don't go, then I will fully focus on recovering completely", so this condition has obviously been known about for a while and it hasn't just suddenly sprung up. I would say that it's evident that he's been fully cleared by his doctors to continue skating and his condition doesn't require an immediate medical operation. If you don't think the JSF are watching his health like a hawk and providing him with the best medical assistance possible, especially after this year, then I have nothing to say.

Let's wait to see if more news comes out about this, but right now I wouldn't worry (or criticize) too much.

ahkeekee

Medalist
He,he !! I totally agree with you !

The only difference is that I believe Yuzuru Hanyu never really wanted to WD from FT because of his exceptionally strong ethics , may be the verb suggest is not the right one :laugh:

I think I read somewhere (or is it some of the people here? I forgot) that it was hard to make Yuzu WD from FT. (I think it's from the book Team Brian) I guess Borser must have nagged like a mom to him about this so much that Yuzu had to WD...... (sorry Borser)

danni

On the Ice
I think there will be stream on ISU website, because only japanese tv has rights for broadcasting this event.

Thank you ! :)
But I saw the ISU website is only with photos and news , there is no videos from events.

danni

On the Ice
Ouch! That sounds absolutely painful and comfortable to skate! Jsf, please make him withdraw and deal with his body first! He needs to be healthy for more honors (and perhaps money, which might be the main concern for jsf)!!!!
Yuzu, you can always redeem yourself next season! There's absolutely no need to make it this season if your body isn't ready for this!!! Can you be kinder to yourself, our Romeo, and us?

I totally agree with you. More important than a redemption skate is his health , this coud not buy with money, as Evgheni Plushenko said before related to him.