Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 762 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
I love it too!! So cute!!! I think it's not a real anime character, but something like hello kitties etc?

I'm not so familiar with it, but I know its short anime is aired every morninig of weekdays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezz67FXms8M&index=3&list=PLFNUyl__hoIg1iIxNsf28sPori9P6CZoT

It's a bit difficult to explain its laziness nuance, sorry.

But I remember some of Gudetama's comments:

"I'm not aggressive type...."

"Challenge is not in my dictionary...."

Just the opposite character of Yuzuru :laugh2:

But, still, Yuzuru's new costume may be able to call TKG costume or color, as he likes TKG :rofl:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Now you've gotten me doubt myself. I remember a fall, and a pop, and a pop?, dogeza, and after everyone else left the rink, he went out for his final pop… I think.
Are you a Johnny fan? I thought Johnny's program wearing a dress was wonderful. It wasn't "Carmen", so I guess it was "Creep" according to his tweet.

"Genki" was the best way to describe Yuzuru last night. Healthy, happy and energetic! Please let him stay that way!! He really does look stronger than ever before.

My excuse is "my seat was far away" which is very useful to cover up for memory loss.
Yeah, all the collaboration programs are/were generic last night which is understandable with the short period of time they're given. I liked Brian Joubert's the most but probably because I couldn't get into his other (Pink Floyd) program so I just preferred the collab.
Well, as long as he was smiling, if he fell or pop that's fine. But knowing him I hope he'll be able to land one 4Lo at least, lol!

Yesh, I was a fan of Johnny before becoming a fan of Yuzuru. The fact that Johnny is one of his idols and costume designer makes it even better, lol!

That's how we want to see our little prince: healthy and happy. So far, so good!^^

I'm pleased to hear that about Brian^^ even if you didn't like his other program very much, at least things seem to have gone well for him too!

firal said:
posted on twitter that the orange costume is either mango, cantaloupe, or persimmon...:laugh2: To me it seems to be even more feminine than the Time Traveler one, maybe because of the colour?? BTW I don't mean anything negative when I say feminine; I know there was a big discussion before about that.

Okay, I have to admit, I think he looks the best in Blue. :love:
I wonder if you were looking for "delicate" to describe it. That's how it felt to me, anyway. :) The color, the way the costume was sewn and his posture made me felt like that.

Regarding the orange costume I wonder if it's the final design or if it will change over time? Or if the lighting made the whole thing look too pale?
I guess with the videos we may get a better idea.

But yes, Blue definitely is his best color. :) Lovely to see him trying other colors, tho. Now, only green is missing coz the bike uniform does not count, lol!

Esopian

Final Flight
^ Wow, yeah he sure does have the moves! I love this newer version of vertigo even more than the one he performed in his younger days! :love:

Terrapin

On the Ice
I'm not so familiar with it, but I know its short anime is aired every morninig of weekdays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezz67FXms8M&index=3&list=PLFNUyl__hoIg1iIxNsf28sPori9P6CZoT

It's a bit difficult to explain its laziness nuance, sorry.

But I remember some of Gudetama's comments:

"I'm not aggressive type...."

"Challenge is not in my dictionary...."

Just the opposite character of Yuzuru :laugh2:

But, still, Yuzuru's new costume may be able to call TKG costume or color, as he likes TKG :rofl:

OMG I'm dying from the cuteness. I love this character :D But yep Yuzu is definitely not the Gudetama type ^^

here is the vertigo and interview after that :popcorn: btw is it just me or was he looking more energetic yesterday? :confused:

Thank you guys for the video. Yep he looks a bit less energetic here I thought so to. But still I enjoyed it a lot (and that coy look while doing the hip gyrating motion :laugh:)

yhmafan

Medalist
Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
here is the vertigo and interview after that :popcorn: btw is it just me or was he looking more energetic yesterday? :confused:

The first night of a new show is always more exciting, I think, so maybe he had more energy/excitement?

And also, I don't quite remember how many times in a row the show is going to happen, but I'm guessing that two or three nights in a row would make them all more tired? So maybe they also keep some energy in reserve for the other nights? All speculation on my part though, I've never been to a skating show :shrug:

yhmafan

Medalist
The first night of a new show is always more exciting, I think, so maybe he had more energy/excitement?

And also, I don't quite remember how many times in a row the show is going to happen, but I'm guessing that two or three nights in a row would make them all more tired? So maybe they also keep some energy in reserve for the other nights? All speculation on my part though, I've never been to a skating show :shrug:

That makes sense. :yes:

Morena

On the Ice
Thank you for links.
My first impression - Yuzu knows how to make it slowly but surely. :biggrin: No more hectic moves he has while skating to "Hello, I love you".
Second - that innocent look while shaking hips - double hit.:drama:
Third - why BUTT SPIN? WHY?!!! :bang:

Plumededragon

Medalist

That's possible. There's 3 shows per cities, with 1 or 2 shows per day. Considering it's a 3-day one this time, it's 1 per day.

He may be trying to find the right rythm for his EX? Or yesterday he was too energetic and thus, too tired and keeping on falling at the end, so he tries something else today?
Or as shiroKJ said, he simply didn't want to do the same coz it was on live TV lol!
I don't know, I guess we'll see how it goes for the rest of the shows and for the next days.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Thank you for links.
My first impression - Yuzu knows how to make it slowly but surely. :biggrin: No more hectic moves he has while skating to "Hello, I love you".
Second - that innocent look while shaking hips - double hit.:drama:
Third - why BUTT SPIN? WHY?!!! :bang:
Same^^ and ARGH for A spin, please someone tell him to do something else! Try the Y or I spin, Yuzu!

mnm464

On the Ice
Probavely practice will be opened. In WC China 2015, many fans went to see the practice, and put a lot of videos and photos on social media.
In WC 2014 japan, it was also opened, but it was exeptionally not free. Usually, it is free, I suppose.:)

We have only 3 years left to see his competitions... I do not want to lose a chance to see him... But in Japan, taking a ticket for competition is so hard.:sarcasm:

Excitement to see yuzu shall deprive you of your sleep! Today, I am going see the live Ice show, I was hardly able to sleep last night, since I got too excited:biggrin:. Especially, for Vertigo..

I believe practices are included in the all event packages at the boston gardens arena. There is another practice arena close by that they are using as well that is closed to ALL except you have a "golden ticket". There are only a few of these, and you have to win them via the contests that they have. All people who buy all event packages are entered into the "golden ticket" sweepstakes.

They allow you to take pictures but please do NOT use a flash, this is very dangerous for skaters!! It drives me nuts when i see this because it is very distracting for skaters and people aren't thinking of the skaters safety.

thank you for all the updates! I won't take flash pictures of course! I was actually talking about K and C and pre-post skate stuff because I want to watch. We'll see. I think we have two seats not in the very first class of Seats, but the second class of seats around row 14. I haven't been to an arena this big so I wouldn't know where this is. So if the seats are the all package level I might have practice. Will update once I find out!