Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I came back after pause and already 1800 pages :shocked: congratulations :cheer:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
It is vol. 4. Vol.4 includes topics about SEIMEI. there are some in the latter half.:drama:
He talked a lot about SEIMEI. Enjoy!

Asaichi vol.4 (33:50-)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33cc3w_2015-08-28-part1_sport Part I
33:50-
(Talk about walking on land for skater yuzu, who is used to skating on ice. After practice, the sense of touch on ice remains. He’s been told why he so stumbled. When he was a child, his shoes’ bottom was fast to wear out, since he rubbed his shoes onto the ground.)

35:20
(SEIMEI)
(VTR of DOI)
(Yuzu explained about the difficulty in ice shows. The rink size, ice melting due to temperature of crowed… It’s hard for him to do quad in ice shows. Every time he troubles.)

37:25
(l) Why have you decided Japanese taste?
(yuzu) The FP music should be ready after WC. I had another competition after WC and felt frustrated with being late for new program. Further, I went into a bit of state of burn-out after the regrettable WC and the satisfying WTT. In searching of piece among various music, I was inclined to go for Japanese taste. The thought popped up when I was listening to the piece of Japanese historical dramas.
(m) Do you have any image of the scene where you are skating while listening to those music?
(yuzu) Yes. Music needs to harmonize with a program. For example, this theme (Onmyoji) is main theme of the program, when I was listening to it first, the image where I was skating came to me. I was concerned with the music arrangement for the first time. The arrangement was made of the original sound track. But the rhythm didn’t harmonize with that of skate because of its slow Japanese rhythm.
(m) You already had the image though, the Japanese music was difficult…
(yuzu) Yes. The sense was different. In the process of music arrangement, we must mix and pack various pieces within 4:40. The slower rhythm of the piece means less rhythm will be included. So we needed to adjust the rhythm, heightening the speed and lowering the pitch and reproducing the original sound.
Even one second over leads to one point reduction. The scoring system of figure skate may not be so easy to understand though, the difference of one point is large.
(l) Challenging music as well as 3 quad.. You try to heighten all...
(yuzu) Putting 2 triple axel and quad in the latter half is unusual and challenging. Not just the layout, but the firm execution is necessary. The step before jump and so on is also important…
(m) How about your private life? You devote your life only to skate?
(yuzu) Not at all. Music.. Games..
(m) Do you go out to play?
(yuzu) No. I basically don't go out. I feel unsettled when I go out. I like to be alone, though I like to play or talk with my truly close friend(s). On my day off, I stay at home by myself. I have done that way since I was a child, for my practice of skate or so.

42:39
(l) By 40s. woman. I wonder why you are so sexy despite of stoical life in Canada.
(yuzu) I’ve never felt I can show the adult sexuality.
(l) Have you ever thought of the sexuality?
(yuzu) Yes, at PW, I was told to show that manly sexuality, but it was difficult.
(m) That sexuality may be made by various experience. But you don’t go out..
(yuzu) I have many experiences in my figure skating field. Those experiences may help me mature.
(m)Are there any experience to make you resolute?
(yuzu) Especially, the experience at the COC was tough. Most of you would rather not even hear about it. But thanks to the experience, I could stay resolute whatever would happen.
(m) Such an experience may lead to the manly sexuality..
(yuzu) I hope so.(lol)
(l) Who do you think is the man with sexuality?
(yuzu) Here! Next to me. Inohara-san (lol).

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks hamaguri! i sometimes wish he would go out more even though at home makes him happy and comfortable, i imagine Yuzu,Javi and Nam walking around at Toronto streets :biggrin:
and congratz for page 1800!! :cheer: :hb: :points: :party:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
It is vol. 4. Vol.4 includes topics about SEIMEI. I don’t know if I continue any more.. (there are some in the latter half.). Someone help me, please!

Thank you so much Hamaguri! Interesting to see that he's never been satisfied with a performance, not even PW in Sochi. I suppose that's a good thing since he'll keep striving to improve, but he surely must take pride of his performances when they're flawless. And I wonder what he meant by the state of burn out after the season ended, that he was too tired?
Happy 1800 pages!

hamaguri

Record Breaker
thank you everyone.:)

congratulation 1800! :cheer:

I suppose that's a good thing since he'll keep striving to improve, but he surely must take pride of his performances when they're flawless. And I wonder what he meant by the state of burn out after the season ended, that he was too tired?!

it seems the nuance is he realized that too stormy season was finally over and felt a bit relieved. of course, he must have exausted though, he did not say that and the tone of voice sounds calm.:)

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Saw 1800, I replied and it gone to 1801 :laugh:. Anyway happy past 1800 :cheer:

It is vol. 4. Vol.4 includes topics about SEIMEI. I don’t know if I continue any more.. (there are some in the latter half.). Someone help me, please!
Thank you Hamaguri for the translation, great work :agree:. Don't worry, there are other groups/fans trying to translate too and since it was a long interview it will take longer as everyone is translating section by section.

Looks like it is a Calvin Klein shirt :)

Is everybody ready for part 1 of Yuzu's Kenji Room interview tomorrow :biggrin:?

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
And I wonder what he meant by the state of burn out after the season ended, that he was too tired?
Happy 1800 pages!

Many thanks for links and translations !!!:bow:

No wonder Yuzu talked about a state of burn out at the end of the 2014- 2015 season with all the horrible things that happened ...Honestly he has never been resting since OGM.. Nonetheless he respected all his summer duty. I seriously wonder how he actually manages his health . :shocked:

maryg

Spectator
Hello eveyone! I'm new here at forum. I'm from Brazil and I can't speak Japanese, so it is amazing to find a place where i can read translations of Yuzu's interviews - specially the last one, at NHK. I watched it here and had no clue of what they were talking about... Thank you!

Rissa

Record Breaker
Hello eveyone! I'm new here at forum. I'm from Brazil and I can't speak Japanese, so it is amazing to find a place where i can read translations of Yuzu's interviews - specially the last one, at NHK. I watched it here and had no clue of what they were talking about... Thank you!

Welcome, maryg! This forum is a goldmine of Yuzu information thanks to the Japanese and Japanese-speaking posters (I wouldn't know anything either) so have fun with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.