Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 429 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Happy Birthday Yuzuru! All the best for the Grand Prix Final :hap10:

I read two interesting reports by Yutaka Nagakubo, photographer (he is recently called "先生じゃない方 Sensei janai ho” - the one not coach :laugh2: )

NHK Report No. 1

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161203-00000082-spnannex-spo

He heard his colleague saying "The best shot of Hanyu-senshu's SP this season may be Zusaa." The one he slides on his knee in the latter half. Nagakubo-san thought it was the name of technique. But actually it was just an onomatopoeia that Japanese fans call it :laugh:

(One of the comments advised that its real name is layback knee slider.)

The shot with this article is the one right after he landed 3A. So cool.

NHK Report No. 2

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161204-00000117-spnannex-spo

Many photographers failed in shooting with blurred images due to the air of excitement in the arena. The excitement of fans at NHK was more than expected by the professional cameramen.

Sorry, I don't have time to translate the whole tonight. I'll try as soon as possible, or could someone do the translation before that, please?

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I actually think it's excellent he drew last considering the PCS inflation. By the time he comes along, there should be way less problems in scoring him, considering the others have passed. Knock on wood anyway.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
They will have ice resurface after pairs, 5 men can't damage that much 😩😩(I think)

Not only that but it doesn't last that long, as it's just the one group. During TdF we had a day long contest so it was progressively worse for some. Here by the time men come along now, everyone will be facing the same conditions. If it's melting by then, Javier and Yuzuru, with everyone in between, will be in the same ... puddle.

mcq

Record Breaker
Not if there's bad ice conditions. :dbana: And it's bad for my health lol

Lol, we'll see later how the men will do with the ice condition during practice. However, i think it won't be as bad as TDF because the ice would be zambonied for every 6 skaters.
Rika Kihira is the one who mentioned that she has problem with jumps because of the soft ice, but Kaori Sakamoto doesn't seem to face problem with it and land her 3-3. After what happened at worlds, I hope he already figured out how to skate in differing ice condition.
Actually, I am more used to him skating last. It feels really awkward seeing him skate early or worse, early in the first group.

cherryncy

On the Ice
Hanyu also talked about his peaking

"Orser's most important concern is to peak at WC next spring. However, Yuzuru believes that 'it is nice to peak at GPF too. I have discussed with my coach that the peak condition is not the most crucial, my average condition is. I hope that even if my condition falls, even when I am nervous, I can still win in every competition and give out a great performance'" Source: mainichi.jp

Our boy knows what's best for him!

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
If it's super late for anyone, and you're waking up just for Yuzuru, he should skate at 21:50 local time.

"Orser's most important concern is to peak at WC next spring. However, Yuzuru believes that 'it is nice to peak at GPF too. I have discussed with my coach that the peak condition is not the most crucial, my average condition is. I hope that even if my conditions fall, even when I am nervous, I can still win in every competition and give out a great performance' Source: mainichi.jp

Thank you so much cherryncy!

Yes, this is what I was talking about yesterday. He does know what's best for him. If he's in the athletic shape, which is I guess what he means by average condition it's still high level of performance. Not highest but he really doesn't need that to win if he's in the proper condition.

nathuco

Spectator
Hello everyone
It's my first post on this website although I have been tracking this thread almost 2 years
Fell in love with yuzu's SP performance in Sochi 2014 but I felt it would like just the short term "passion" then.
I'm so surprised that I've kept followed him for such a long time maybe it's due to some kind of Alien charm that you just can't help but getting caught... He is really such a great, sweet and dramatic boy(?)
Thank for all of your sharing and A BIG thank to our boy who brings us together!!!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Hello everyone
It's my first post on this website although I have been tracking this thread almost 2 years
Fell in love with yuzu's SP performance in Sochi 2014 but I felt it would like just the short term "passion" then.
I'm so surprised that I've kept followed him for such a long time maybe it's due to some kind of Alien charm that you just can't help but getting caught... He is really such a great, sweet and dramatic boy(?)
Thank for all of your sharing and A BIG thank to our boy who brings us together!!!

Happy 1st post! :hb: just in time to join the GPF spazz/anxiety lol

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight

"Orser's most important concern is to peak at WC next spring. However, Yuzuru believes that 'it is nice to peak at GPF too. I have discussed with my coach that the peak condition is not the most crucial, my average condition is. I hope that even if my condition falls, even when I am nervous, I can still win in every competition and give out a great performance'" Source: mainichi.jp

someone told me that it is better to peak at GPF rather than WC because Yuzuru has a greater chance of performing well in the latter competitions. Unlike when you peak at WC which will be a bit late for other competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.