Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Dave Lease supposes that with the "fair judging" Ashley should win over Liza:p:drama:

Maybe in BV if she hits everything. But definitely not in +GOE and overall.

I don't see the point of comparing, since well Ashley wasn't at the competition.

FWIW, I think Dave Lease likes Liza, people refer to her as "his daughter" (i.e. his favorite)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Maybe in BV if she hits everything. But definitely not in +GOE and overall.

I don't see the point of comparing, since well Ashley wasn't at the competition.

FWIW, I think Dave Lease likes Liza, people refer to her as "his daughter" (i.e. his favorite)

Actually, he "likes" her in a contemptuous sort of way - scarcely any of his compliments have not been backhanded; he "supports" her - and mocks her. Or so it was in the few podcasts that curiosity (one of my leading vices - alas!) made me listen to.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually, he "likes" her in a contemptuous sort of way - scarcely any of his compliments have not been backhanded; he "supports" her - and mocks her. Or so it was in the few podcasts that curiosity (one of my leading vices - alas!) made me listen to.

Well that's why I don't really listen to TSL. I get why people value them; but they're just not my style.

Well I like her in a nice way. :D I think she deserves credit for proving people wrong. Sure she can have a few more transitions and such, but honestly this strategy is working for her.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Mrs. P, I don't know how to interpret this "Our love for these girls is ironic." I could always give a link..I mean I have a feeling that they don't exactly "like" them..

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P, I don't know how to interpret this "Our love for these girls is ironic." I could always give a link..I mean I have a feeling that they don't exactly "like" them..

That's OK. I get what you're saying.

They're entitled to their opinion, but thankfully, not everyone agrees. And honestly I don't think there's a skater they haven't been snippy about.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza, you were simply bewitching. :love: An enchantress, a queen, and a warrior, all at once. The sheer ease of the program was even better than GPF. Sorry for doubting you and temporarily going 3A-obsessed.

Now here comes the hard part: I made a vow that I'll get my life together if Liza wins Europeans, so now I have a lot of work to do. :laugh:

On TSL: I think Dave Lease likes Liza in a "guilty pleasure" way. He names many things about her that he doesn't like, but something about her does attract him. However, I lost my faith in him after he said he preferred Nancy Kerrigan's 3Lz. :rofl: They've supported Ashley since forever, so I can see why they'd pull for her (and I'm pulling for her too. I even wanted her to win Worlds after Nationals... but Liza won me back today!)

Generally, I find TSL somewhat mean-spirited and biased (though I think Jenny is a lot more fair and supportive than Dave). But... is there another site that does similar coverage, while being more objective and supportive?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Generally, I find TSL somewhat mean-spirited and biased (though I think Jenny is a lot more fair and supportive than Dave). But... is there another site that does similar coverage, while being more objective and supportive?

Yes, Yenny is definitely more fair in opinion usually. Dave sometimes throws things from mouth without too many arguments for that ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I personally like Jackie Wong (@examinerskating on Twitter) the best.

Lipea

Final Flight
Liza, you were simply bewitching. :love: An enchantress, a queen, and a warrior, all at once. The sheer ease of the program was even better than GPF. Sorry for doubting you and temporarily going 3A-obsessed.

Now here comes the hard part: I made a vow that I'll get my life together if Liza wins Europeans, so now I have a lot of work to do. :laugh:

On TSL: I think Dave Lease likes Liza in a "guilty pleasure" way. He names many things about her that he doesn't like, but something about her does attract him. However, I lost my faith in him after he said he preferred Nancy Kerrigan's 3Lz. :rofl: They've supported Ashley since forever, so I can see why they'd pull for her (and I'm pulling for her too. I even wanted her to win Worlds after Nationals... but Liza won me back today!)

The world in general is biased. Esp. after capitalism won cold war. Now people are always biased towards someone from Russia, who proves that the system indeed led to superior results. Talents can be born anywhere, Yuna and Javier and Carolina proved it, but showing such an amount of talents is the system success. Whereas just to think for a minute, what the figure skating world would do now without Soviet-Russian coaches? EC alone would be disastrous to watch without Russian skaters. And you know, it is not only in the figure skating, it is in all the areas that require substantial amount of skills. However, people don't like to think about that. They were to much sheeples going under the anti-Soviet and now anti-Russian propaganda instead of learning what good they could take from that system (like professional children education) to improve their nations life. (Btw. what I say does not apply to China)

Meoima

Match Penalty
^It's not just FS, it's Classic music as well. All the greatest virtuosos have always been Russians or having teachers from Russians. And it's so funny to think that the Western world only start to appreciate Shostakhovic's music because there have been stories that he was oppressed by the Solviet. Heck he's great composer so why not appreciate his music alone?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oops, hope nobody saw that... accidentally linked to Elena's program for a few seconds... ;)