2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

Alex D

Record Breaker
I actually quite like this new French team. Amazing :love: second lift and good connection with their music in the short and long. Lots to improve on, but very nice first impression for me.

Yes they are lovely. Its also him, great character and she is just wow!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahhh got it. I kept thinking it was something to do with the food chemical... and was very confused.;)

Sackie

Medalist
Yeap - and weirdest part is Courtney won the bronze medal based on her PCS mark and not her TEC mark!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did Max forget some of his choreography? The announcer said he was improvising during his skate. :scratch:
There were patches in his long program where it almost seem like he was about to stop.

the second half was rather different than at collegiates

I believe Max deliberately was making changes on the fly. The reason for improvising was not that he forgot his choreo -- that is my understanding, at least.

My assumption is that he was doing some quick thinking after doubling his opening quad -- which prob. was supposed to be a quad combo.
He knew he lost a lot of points then, and wanted to add back as much as he could.

Sorry if this question already has been thoroughly discussed much earlier. I have not caught up with reading the thread.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Free dance is on. Anybody watching?

Also, they were playing a song on the warm up that said "buried alive" over and over. I was hearing it as "married for life" and wondering why that is the song they would be playing on this warmup.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am watching! Curious about A/U free dance to soundtrack of famous Turkish movie "İncir Reçeli".

Layback11

Record Breaker
The opening choreo was slightly odd...is she a zombie in this program? And her facial expression...seriously, is she?

LisaM

Medalist
Lmao at the end his hand slightly creeping lower on her chest :laugh2: (I'm 12 haven't you heard)

Good program, really liked the music.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The opening choreo was slightly odd...is she a zombie in this program? And her facial expression...seriously, is she?

I don't think so???

I actually thought it was a lovely program, but I do agree with the commentator that it was cautious. I think it has the potential to be very emotionally moving if skated with a bit more expression.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lmao at the end his hand slightly creeping lower on her chest :laugh2: (I'm 12 haven't you heard)

Good program, really liked the music.

That final pose has the potential to be extremely awkward if they're not paying attention and misjudge the distance... Don't worry, I thought about that too. :agree: