2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hahaha I love the delayed reaction! Okay... that's a nice score... whatever...

:crickets:

WE GOT THE BRONZE LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kavita and joti in 4th like mari and ruben

This is a wonderful result for their first competition together though, both the placement and their actual score! I am so excited to see more of them in the future.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Chock and Bates have some really cool elements but from what little I was able to see I think Cannuscio/McManus have a more interesting program. Very happy that they were able to pull up to 3rd.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Looking at the protocols, one judge really disliked C/M giving them scores ranging from 4.75-6.75 while most judges scored them from 6.50-7.75 (although one judge gave them 7.5-9.0). And those two weirdly low and high were in interpretation/timing. That is crazy scoring.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chock and Bates have some really cool elements but from what little I was able to see I think Cannuscio/McManus have a more interesting program. Very happy that they were able to pull up to 3rd.

I could not disagree more. I loved C&M's zombie program, but not the beginning part of this FD.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Doris I will be sure and watch both programs when they show up on youtube. It is not often we disagree.

And to be honest after flipping back and forth between Poland and Germany all week I am suffering from "skate-lag" and it is making me slap-happy. All I could think about during C/B's skate was that old playground rhyme "I see London, I see France, I see Madison's underpants" because I really don't like pink panties with a burgundy dress.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Pros: The costumes for P/I and C/B were lovely.

Cons: What's up with Mitch? Why did P/I's program seem so disjointed? P/I should have stayed with Krylova. IMHO, they would have gotten better programs.

C/B's program looked like a poor cousin of P/C's FD from last season. Are they really trying to imitate P/C? By the end of the season they will move faster and everything won't seem so forced, but as of now it doesn't grab me. Oh well let me go watch the other teams.

caitie

Medalist
Cons: P/I should have stayed with Krylova. IMHO, they would have gotten better programs.

IMO they left for some other reason than programs, especially since the program they had to change last season was actually choreographed by DL. I'd guess it's because their technical scores had suffered, and they didn't feel like they were getting results based on the amount of work they were putting in. Detroit Skate Club teams in general seemed to be having tech difficulties last season when it came to getting the levels.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Questions for Kailani?

Yes!

Question: How do you think training in and representing a country with very little skating background has affected your skating career?

Do you find skating has an established fanbase in Australia? If not, is it growing, or is there not one at all (besides Karne ;))?

bramweld

Record Breaker
IMO they left for some other reason than programs, especially since the program they had to change last season was actually choreographed by DL. I'd guess it's because their technical scores had suffered, and they didn't feel like they were getting results based on the amount of work they were putting in. Detroit Skate Club teams in general seemed to be having tech difficulties last season when it came to getting the levels.

Right, D/L did that real awful program they had a little ways back. But it strikes me as odd that ice dancers don't realize that half of the issue with getting levels are the skaters themselves.

I must say I absolutely loved P/I FD to the soundtrack of WE, that was exquisite. This program sort of reminds me of Hurtado/Diaz from last season. But the funny thing is I really thought Mitch was more balanced and relaxed in the SD while Alex looked somewhat clamped or tight. I wonder if today was just a very bad case of the nerves.

BTW, who did their Casablanca FD? That, was a gem.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Doris I will be sure and watch both programs when they show up on youtube. It is not often we disagree.

And to be honest after flipping back and forth between Poland and Germany all week I am suffering from "skate-lag" and it is making me slap-happy. All I could think about during C/B's skate was that old playground rhyme "I see London, I see France, I see Madison's underpants" because I really don't like pink panties with a burgundy dress.

Yeah, totally shallow on my part, but the pink was really distracting on an otherwise really beautiful dress!

I don't feel C/B's FD yet, but can appreciate the technical improvements, namely the twizzles (the lunge was pretty cool). The lifts were great as always.

P/I = sigh. I feel like going to Montreal and the programs have made them more Virtue/Moir lite -- all the romance without the power. Why is D/L so into these soft and romantic programs?!

koheikun90

On the Ice
2015 Nebelhorn Trophy 24th - 26th of September

I know it's the first competition of the season but senior ladies was incredibly underwhelming. If this what's to come this season, then i am scared. Looks like I'll be following the juniors a lot more who are more talented and have more depth. Another example of why age is just a number.

nocturnalis

Medalist
I know it's the first competition of the season but senior ladies was incredibly underwhelming. If this what's to come this season, then i am scared. Looks like I'll be following the juniors a lot more who are more talented and have more depth. Another example of why age is just a number.

Yeah, the juniors are lively now, but something dies in them when they become seniors and hit primetime.

Last edited: