Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang

veneresplende

Rinkside
Cheng's leg was slashed by a skate blade so she had to get stitches put in. That's probably what's bothering her but jumps aren't her strong point so..

s_parks

Record Breaker
From what I heard, Peng was injured. If this is true, she did a very good job. I think she's actually better at the triples than a 2A.

wallee

Rinkside
they are still bland, like Zhangs former partner
Yu / Jon otoh could become the new Pang / Tong technical then transitioned into very artistic skaters

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
:clap: :points: I love these two! I so hope they can do this in competition (and all the rest of their programmes clean and well) and medal! :cheer:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
they are still bland, like Zhangs former partner
Yu / Jon otoh could become the new Pang / Tong technical then transitioned into very artistic skaters

You might have confused where you are? This is a Fan Fest- positive posts here!

wallee

Rinkside
You might have confused where you are? This is a Fan Fest- positive posts here!

constructive criticism
let me rephrase that, they could learn a lot from Yu / Jin to not just be technical but gradually develop their artistic components

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I don't agree then. Of course, there is room for improvement. However, I think he especially moves beautifully and is very expressive. And she has improved rapidly. I thought their programmes from last year, the SP especially, for example, were beautiful with some very interesting and well presented choreo.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I don't agree either. Personal taste will differ, but suggesting p/z are as bland as the previous partnership and that they need to learn from y/j is ridiculous, sorry. I love all the chinese pairs (and I admit i'm a bigger fan of y/j) but it would be y/j who should "learn" from p/z, if it must be put that way. They(y/j) are still not very expressive while peng's strengths are pretty much opposite of zhang dan's. Anyways, congrats on the successful quad throw! I don't think we'll see it yet as the consistency of it is probably still a question mark, but it'd be great if they could land it in competition later this season.

Last edited:

veneresplende

Rinkside
I don't agree either. Personal taste will differ, but suggesting p/z are as bland as the previous partnership and that they need to learn from y/j is ridiculous, sorry. I love all the chinese pairs (and I admit i'm a bigger fan of y/j) but it would be y/j who should "learn" from p/z, if it must be put that way. They(y/j) are still not very expressive while peng's strengths are pretty much opposite of zhang dan's. Anyways, congrats on the successful quad throw! I don't think we'll see it yet as the consistency of it is probably still a question mark, but it'd be great if they could land it in competition later this season.
Right, and they've had more (or in Hao's case, eons more) experience competing at the top level than Y/J. They're a stylistically different team as well, big age gap and all. I think judges respect him especially and right now "learning from Y/J" doesn't make much sense given that the judges always give them a substantial PCS cushion over Yu/Jin. Domestically they're favored by the Chinese Fed and get more attention/better treatment, and I would assume that's reflected internationally as well.

They could probably learn from Y/J's sbs jump consistency though..

s_parks

Record Breaker

Haha, true. I heard yu had both(Sal and toe I assume) triples when they teamed up. How is peng's 3sal going, btw? She's been injured so it's hard to tell from the test skates/domestic comp., but I'm thinking it'd be better than the 2a.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist

Well, Peng's 3T was getting consistent in the second half of last season. Perhaps 3T-2T-2T might help them catch up in points a bit since they already do 3T-2T? And they're going for the SBS 3S this season, so hopefully P/Z gets consistent on those. As for Y/J, they are still doing 2A-2A sequence, so we'll see if they can still be consistent when they upgrade to SBS 3S as well...

veneresplende

Rinkside
Well, Peng's 3T was getting consistent in the second half of last season. Perhaps 3T-2T-2T might help them catch up in points a bit since they already do 3T-2T? And they're going for the SBS 3S this season, so hopefully P/Z gets consistent on those. As for Y/J, they are still doing 2A-2A sequence, so we'll see if they can still be consistent when they upgrade to SBS 3S as well...
They could, but I don't think that's likely at this point since her jumps usually aren't that hot at the beginning of the season. They've improved last year but they've had a late start this year because of her injury. An article around the time of the test skates said that the success rate was around 65-70%. I'm a bit worried for them because their GP assignments are back to back: France, then right off to Russia within the week. The scoring in Russia I'm nervous about.

That's true. Yu's probably not jumped a salchow in a while as well, and there's barely been any clips of them at all so we can't at least see them doing the element. All I've seen is her in the background of S/H videos going through the motions.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ah ... if it was 65-70 at the test skates, I just hope it'll be higher when she's recovered from her injury. Seriously, if it weren't for the sbs jumps, the chinese pairs would have even better placements/results than they already do, since they all seem to be able to do throws in their sleep. But then again, the sbs jumps seem to be the most common error in pairs in general.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just love their SP this year :love: I think it has a ton of potential! I hope they will be able to skate their best in the free tomorrow :cheer:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Their SP is beautiful and will be mesmerising if and when done clean and with the best timing. Can't wait to see it later in the season. Well done, you lovelies! You were my faves today. :luv17:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Their choreography is always excellent (Is it Lori Nichol again? Oh why oh why can't she give similar material to Han Yan...?). And Peng's lines and posture are lovely. I do wish they'd find Zhang a new outfit, but ah well, can't win 'em all.

Shame about the 3T, but it's not unexpected at this point in the season.

In the KnC, Hongbo Zhao told them to fight back in the free tomorrow. :agree:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Their choreography is always excellent (Is it Lori Nichol again?

It is Lori Nichol, I believe! I really like P/Z's programs. Ever since last season, there's been a cool "mysterious but sophisticated" feel to their programs (if that makes sense!)

Wishing them the best in the FS. There's only a small margin of points separating #2-7 so I hope they can perform their best!

(I also think they got screwed over by getting two GP events back-to-back, but hopefully they won't be hindered by that!)